"BlackBerry just announced another disaster quarter and is currently valued at under the value of its assets, yet despite public pleading, no one wants to buy them. They also just laid off 4,500 of their remaining employees and left the consumer market.

But we’re not here to talk about the horrific financials of an imploding company. We’re here to bring the news that Blackberry released BBM (a very capable IM client) for iOS and Android today. It is currently available in Eastern hemisphere countries and is making its way around the globe.

In 2008, this would have been bigger news. Now, you can use it to ask your remaining BlackBerry friends which color iPhone they will be getting. "

Five years late, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) rolling out for iPhone | 9to5Mac

Couldn't possibly be anymore of a *********-ly written article.

Edit: and the morons misspelled "BlackBerry" in the middle -_-
    09-21-13 10:40 AM
    yeah that was crappy. that would bee on my do not share list
    09-21-13 10:43 AM
    "BlackBerry just announced another disaster quarter and is currently valued at under the value of its assets, yet despite public pleading, no one wants to buy them. They also just laid off 4,500 of their remaining employees and left the consumer market.

But we’re not here to talk about the horrific financials of an imploding company. We’re here to bring the news that Blackberry released BBM (a very capable IM client) for iOS and Android today. It is currently available in Eastern hemisphere countries and is making its way around the globe.

In 2008, this would have been bigger news. Now, you can use it to ask your remaining BlackBerry friends which color iPhone they will be getting. "

Five years late, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) rolling out for iPhone | 9to5Mac

Couldn't possibly be anymore of a *********-ly written article.

Edit: and the morons misspelled "BlackBerry" in the middle -_-
    Actually, I feel that BBM should have been made available when Kik and Live Profile were taking off. I've been hoping for it ever since.

I will load it on my iPhone and my SGIII the instant it's available to me.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-21-13 10:44 AM
    What is a 'broadcast message'? (I don't understand all of the options in bbm on android).
    09-21-13 10:44 AM
    What is a 'broadcast message'? (I don't understand all of the options in bbm on android).
    Sending a message to multiple BBM contacts at once
    09-21-13 10:46 AM
    Actually, I feel that BBM should have been made available when Kik and Live Profile were taking off. I've been hoping for it ever since.

Sadly, I think they were hoping that BBM would stand as a compelling reason for existing users to stay on the platform. Clearly, that didn't work they way they thought it would.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    09-21-13 10:48 AM
    Hopefully iPhone users use the share feature on BBM to link reviews on the 5s to lingering blackberry users
    09-21-13 10:52 AM
    How could BBM be 5 years late? I don't see imessage beiing on Android. Is this means we start counting it being late too? WTF!
    09-21-13 11:01 AM

I think ALL the big boys (Google, Apple, BBRY) missed that golden opportunity, letting the Kik, WA, etc to own the market.

Google could have done something really great, but there "beta" approach sometimes slows down deployment, IMHO.

BBRY, in hindsight, had a leg up, but I guess it saw BBM as an anchor app.
    09-21-13 11:08 AM
    apple is 5 years late with releasing imessage for other platforms
    09-21-13 11:11 AM
    apple is 5 years late with releasing imessage for other platforms
    Till they lose $1 billion, I suspect most people will give Apple a pass.
    09-21-13 11:14 AM

I agree. 5 years ago was around the time BlackBerry was at the height of their consumer smartphone dominance. No way they would or should have brought BBM cross platform at the time. When they should've done it was 2-3 years ago when WhatsApp, Kik and the others starting popping up and BBM was no longer a killer feature anymore.

It will be an uphill battle for market and mind share against WA, but if there's one thing most former BlackBerry users remember fondly, it's BBM .
    09-21-13 11:17 AM
    I think for bbos legacy low end devices with bis services, people will still buy for the bbm.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-21-13 11:18 AM
    Sounds like a very good source for unbiased reports LMAO...

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-21-13 11:20 AM
    Till they lose $1 billion, I suspect most people will give Apple a pass.
    so in 2008 when BB was at its prime they were supposed to release their most important app on iphone?
    09-21-13 11:43 AM
    so in 2008 when BB was at its prime they were supposed to release their most important app on iphone?
    If I were in charge, I wouldn't have. Hindsight is great. Then again, I want being paid to take stuff like the iPhone seriously, so I figure my errors can be forgiven.

2 or 3 years ago seems like a critical time to me.
    09-21-13 11:56 AM
    I think we all know BlackBerry's modus operandus by now. A company introduces a competing product, BlackBerry ignores it by saying something like, "it's garbage, and everybody wants ours." Once the competing products have matured and taken over the markets, BlackBerry comes along and says, "hmmm. ok, we'll go along with everybody else and release our version which has no killer advantage over the competition and hope it goes well."
    09-21-13 01:47 PM