I have GPS issues with my Bold 9900. OS updates have not helped. Not sure why, but indoors or in busy downtown (Toronto) areas it takes forever to get a lock.

Even worse is that I can't use foursquare because unless the native BB Maps app has located me, Foursquare can't either. So I have to start maps... wait for it to locate me, start 4sq and hope that everything communicates. I asked foursquare about this and the following was their response.

Hi there! Your support ticket (#194003) has been updated.

To review the status or add additional comments, please see:
    http://support.foursquare.com/tickets/194003

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Thanks for using foursquare support!

Keyana S., Nov-21 19:19 (EST):

Hi Tony,

We're really sorry to hear that! Certain types of Blackberry have problems with location, and we have actually been advising users to do just what you were doing before, which is open up Maps before opening foursquare to help get a better geolocation fix.

Other than that, there's not much we can do right now, as this is a hardware issue with the blackberry model. We're always working on solutions, but in the meantime we hope the map fix helps!

--
    team foursquare
    @4sqSupport

Not Good.

I will be writing Blackberry about this. I'm sure they will tell me it is a carrier issue.
    11-21-11 09:02 PM
    My 9900 takes forever to get a lock here in Brisbane.
    11-21-11 10:28 PM
    My 9900 takes forever to get a lock here in Brisbane.
    I had no problems with my base OS and GPS. I was getting signal inside my home.

Once I upgraded to .540 it has gotten really bad. It doesnt work indoors and doesnt work sometimes outside as well.

Anybody else notice this in .540?
    11-22-11 12:44 AM
    I had no problems with my base OS and GPS. I was getting signal inside my home.

Once I upgraded to .540 it has gotten really bad. It doesnt work indoors and doesnt work sometimes outside as well.

Anybody else notice this in .540?
    I'm on .540 and in Los Angeles and have had no problems with location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 01:37 AM
    I'm located in Taipei and mine takes a bit to get a lock on Google Maps. Worst part is it crashes and says low memory if I open street view. If you move around a few times on a street then it pretty much is an instant crash due to low memory. Why on earth did RIM give this device such low memory? What is a few bucks more for better hardware to make sure a device runs properly They must know that these days people instal applications and use Google Maps. When they become stingy and their smartphones start crashing people start switching smartphones. Not a good move on RIM's behalf to be stingy with their RAM.
    01-17-12 11:29 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD