I'm hoping that the 9900 does make its way over to ATT, but now there's talk about the "driftwood"?? well, in any event, the touchscreen+qwerty combo is much awaited. I can't wait!!!
    04-06-09 09:27 PM
    04-06-09 10:20 PM
    I'm hoping that the 9900 does make its way over to ATT, but now there's talk about the "driftwood"?? well, in any event, the touchscreen+qwerty combo is much awaited. I can't wait!!!
    The "Driftwood" has UMA support, so that most likely gonna make it's way to T-Mobile instead of AT&T.

I like how they have Opus listed and than talk about the "Onyx."
    04-06-09 11:39 PM
    The most coverage possible? you do know that 80+% of the world is GSM..
    You do realize that GSM is incredibly old tech, right?
    04-07-09 10:45 AM
    You do realize that GSM is incredibly old tech, right?
    Does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

There's been many cellular technologies that have come and gone. You being a Verizon genius should know this.
    04-07-09 11:18 AM
    Many have come and gone, and GSM is one that should be gone by now. For some reason the eurotrash refuse to upgrade to anything better.

I supported GSM when it was brand new in the US. I know what a joke it is.
    04-07-09 11:23 AM
    Many have come and gone, and GSM is one that should be gone by now. For some reason the eurotrash refuse to upgrade to anything better.

I supported GSM when it was brand new in the US. I know what a joke it is.
    Laws are laws.. They wanted a standard and they got it.

What's a joke is that CDMA cant have voice/data at same time. What's a joke is that you have to log into a website, or call Verizon/Sprint if you want to change a device. What's a joke is that you can't get a device without data service. Shall I go on? What's a joke is that you travel to Europe you have no service. What's a joke is that Verizon spends an absurd amount of money on commercials, marketing and living the lavish life, trying to be the rich kid on the block.
    04-07-09 11:30 AM
    Laws are laws.. They wanted a standard and they got it.

What's a joke is that CDMA cant have voice/data at same time. What's a joke is that you have to log into a website, or call Verizon/Sprint if you want to change a device. What's a joke is that you can't get a device without data service. Shall I go on? What's a joke is that you travel to Europe you have no service. What's a joke is that Verizon spends an absurd amount of money on commercials, marketing and living the lavish life, trying to be the rich kid on the block.
    What a joke that you think you need to use your phone as a phone while using it as a data device. When was the last time you talked on your modem?

What a joke you don't have to log into anything or talk to a person to change equipment, and you're too stupid to know that.

What's a joke is you have no effing clue what you're talking about. The ONLY devices we require data service on are PDA's. Any other it can be blocked.

What's a joke is you're still breathing, wasting air intelligent people can use. Go repair that problem.
    04-07-09 11:33 AM
    What a joke that you think you need to use your phone as a phone while using it as a data device. When was the last time you talked on your modem?

What a joke you don't have to log into anything or talk to a person to change equipment, and you're too stupid to know that.

What's a joke is you have no effing clue what you're talking about. The ONLY devices we require data service on are PDA's. Any other it can be blocked.

What's a joke is you're still breathing, wasting air intelligent people can use. Go repair that problem.

1. I like using Google maps, browsing the web, or IM software while on conference calls, don't you?

2. I didn't know ESN can be taken off a device and inserted into another one.. Oh, you're referring to *228 option 3? How new is that? and does it even work? pfft, no it doesnt.

3. Point proven right there.

4. Cry more?

I also forgot.. for the BUSINESS users who need to be on webinars and conference calls, Verizon pretty much forces you to have a phone AND an aircard when in the field, = more $$$ in VZ's pockets..noticing a trend?.

On ATT? Tether your 3G device and you can be on the conf call as well as on the webinar. +1 for GSM 3G. =)
    04-07-09 11:37 AM

Insulting people like this shows your lack of intelligence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:44 AM
    1. I like using Google maps, browsing the web, or IM software while on conference calls, don't you?

2. I didn't know ESN can be taken off a device and inserted into another one.. Oh, you're referring to *228 option 3? How new is that? and does it even work? pfft, no it doesnt.

3. Point proven right there.

4. Cry more?

I also forgot.. for the BUSINESS users who need to be on webinars and conference calls, Verizon pretty much forces you to have a phone AND an aircard when in the field, = more $$$ in VZ's pockets..noticing a trend?.

On ATT? Tether your 3G device and you can be on the conf call as well as on the webinar. +1 for GSM 3G. =)

1. Not really, no. If I'm talking to someone it's because I want/need to talk to them. I have this thing called a "computer" that can do everything else. I mean seriously, you're an AT&T customer so I don't expect you to be highly intelligent, however, you should know what a computer is by now.

2. *228 works just fine. I show people how to do it daily, and it works perfectly. It just requires an IQ above 80 to use any self help options. Probably why you fail.

3. We had a choice: Require a data pack (which barely costs anything) or have customers with excessively high bills due to data usage. We chose to require a data pack. You do know PDA mail works over data, right?

4. You mean nothing. Why the **** would I cry over you?

*shrugs* enjoy your AT&T, until of course they end up selling it like they did AT&T wireless due to lack of ability to run ANYTHING correctly. Or did you forget that part? Or are you just not old enough to know about it? Frankly, I don't really CARE about what you use, it's your choice. At some point we'll just buy AT&T Wireless (just like they did Cingular) and get it over with anyway.
    04-07-09 11:44 AM
    hahaha... hahahahahahha.. *pause to take in breath*... hahahhaha.. typical Verizon arrogance.

*slaps forehead* just power off your PC kid..

EDIT: Re-3.. or actually allow manufacturer's to put in WIFI in Verizon devices and let people use their data device without your imperialistic data plans.
    Last edited by sniffs; 04-07-09 at 11:48 AM.
    04-07-09 11:46 AM
    I don't have a logical argument, so I'm just going to post something stupid and worthless.

That's pretty much all I read there.
    04-07-09 11:46 AM
    That's pretty much all I read there.
    Nice one. I already presented my argument, you are just so deep into Verizons *** that you can't read it. If you weren't so foolish you would realize that you are wrong, but your elitist mentality prevents you from noticing. You should consider buying some lube, because it's obvious Verizon has you bent over and they're balls deep.

Last edited by avt123; 04-07-09 at 11:57 AM.
    04-07-09 11:54 AM
    Nice one. I already presented my argument, you are just so deep into Verizons *** that you can't read it. If you weren't so foolish you would realize that you are wrong, but your elitist mentality prevents you from noticing. You should consider buying some lube, because it's obvious Verizon has you bent over and they're balls deep.

Well said.
    04-07-09 12:11 PM
    I'm stupid.

Let me ask you guys this, you who are nowhere near being in the industry... if AT&T can hit such high speeds, how come their service is only a little tiny bit faster than ours on it's highest spikes?
    04-07-09 12:27 PM
    So, because we don't flaunt that we're in the industry, you assume we aren't?

Anyways, have you not been reading anything? Current HSPA reaches 3.6Mbps, Current Rev.A reaches 3.1Mbps, this is that tiny bit you are saying.

With a firmware upgrade, the AT&T HSPA routers can be "unlocked" to allow more throughput, reaching 7.2Mbps later this year.

Do you think that your DSL modem at 1.5Mbps, or your cable at 3-6Mbps is not capable of reaching higher because it's reached it's limit? There's restrictions put in place.. just like in the case of these routers.
    Last edited by sniffs; 04-07-09 at 12:34 PM.
    04-07-09 12:31 PM
    Indeed, I KNOW they can hit higher speeds. The issue isn't so much equipment limitation as it is actual intentional limitation. .5 mbps isn't a huge difference. It'll load a few pics faster. yay. Again, your AT&T techs want to brag on the speed they can pull, why aren't they pulling faster speeds now? Even just at high end spikes, except that the network CAN'T HANDLE THE TRAFFIC.
    04-07-09 12:37 PM
    Indeed, I KNOW they can hit higher speeds. The issue isn't so much equipment limitation as it is actual intentional limitation. .5 mbps isn't a huge difference. It'll load a few pics faster. yay. Again, your AT&T techs want to brag on the speed they can pull, why aren't they pulling faster speeds now? Even just at high end spikes, except that the network CAN'T HANDLE THE TRAFFIC.
    The same reason that HSPA is disabled on the iPhone. The same reason that people are taking those iPhones, popping in pre-paid SIM's and clogging the **** out of the network.

I'm in Irvine, CA at the moment, sitting here with a Storm.. you want to know the throughput I'm seeing? 189Kbps to 225Kbps.. that's HORRIBLE! This is a Rev.A device is it not?

Now, I also have an iPhone next to me.. It's hitting over 2Mbps..
    04-07-09 12:42 PM
    Let me ask you guys this, you who are nowhere near being in the industry... if AT&T can hit such high speeds, how come their service is only a little tiny bit faster than ours on it's highest spikes?
    Again with the insults. I am not in the industry but I keep myself informed. Just because ATTs speeds are only a little higher than Verizons, doesnt mean they can't be a lot higher than Verizons. I don't know why ATT hasn't pushed their speeds up, maybe because they are not ready/dont want to/ or don't need to? They are still faster.

Last edited by avt123; 04-07-09 at 12:46 PM.
    04-07-09 12:44 PM
    The same reason that HSPA is disabled on the iPhone. The same reason that people are taking those iPhones, popping in pre-paid SIM's and clogging the **** out of the network.

I'm in Irvine, CA at the moment, sitting here with a Storm.. you want to know the throughput I'm seeing? 189Kbps to 225Kbps.. that's HORRIBLE! This is a Rev.A device is it not?

Now, I also have an iPhone next to me.. It's hitting over 2Mbps..

If you're only hitting a small amount of data like that on a Storm, check the software version. There may also be an actual device issue with it, because it's the only Rev A Capable BB that Rim's given us, and it will pull full speeds. I did check Irvine and it's well within service area, so you SHOULDN'T have that problem. If you want to give me a number that's not the cell, I can call and we can troubleshoot it *shrugs*

Yes. I do like to help people, and even I can be nice.
    04-07-09 12:56 PM
    Insulting people like this shows your lack of intelligence.

Man, what's with all the hate, were all mostly blackberry users right?
    What should really matter is that we all have a passion for technology and all things Blackberry, and sharing it with others.

Why are people arguing about which mega corp has the most customers or the most coverage, or what type of network's there phones run on?

Who cares?

How about easing up on the ideological dogma, and let's get back to what's really important...new Blackberry's!

Cheers
    04-07-09 05:09 PM
    Is this argument really that serious? Carrier wars FTL. It won't even matter in the future. Some people gonna think what they wanna think regardless and that's just the way it is.
    Last edited by retrowill7; 04-07-09 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Just b/c
    04-07-09 05:18 PM
    What should really matter is that we all have a passion for technology and all things Blackberry, and sharing it with others.

Why are people arguing about which mega corp has the most customers or the most coverage, or what type of network's there phones run on?

Who cares?

How about easing up on the ideological dogma, and let's get back to what's really important...new Blackberry's!

Cheers
    Hate? That's not hate. You may want to look at the post before my responce, and all the other one before that. This isn't a carrier war, I'm not saying anything about one carrier being better. Just stating facts that some fail to recognize because of ignorance. I am not hating anyone.

04-07-09 05:38 PM

Who cares?

Cheers
    Agreed. This community has some of the most childish, immature, and aggressive personalities I have come across.
    04-07-09 05:38 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD