Hi all -

I'm helping a friend get some family pics off her old Bold 9900. After getting past a battery issue, it boots up and goes to the Blackberry ID screen. When we enter her password, it just sits there at "Please wait...".

The BB does not have a SIM card and hasn't for a while. Also, it's not connected to her or my Wi-Fi, as it hadn't been booted in years. We are confident (though not 100%) that we have the right password.

So the question is two-fold - would the BB with the correct password allow us in without an internet connection? If so, any ideas why it's hung up? If not, any ideas how we can connect it to the internet so it can authenticate?

Thanks for the help in advance. I'm really hoping there's some way to get to NW settings without signing in.

W
    02-09-21 07:30 PM
    would the BB with the correct password allow us in without an internet connection?
    Yes.

If so, any ideas why it's hung up?
    Could be just about anything really. An outdated app acting up, just OS weirdness from not being started in a while. Unfortunately, one of the best ways to fix it... reloading the OS.. will also take out the pics unless you can somehow get a computer to recognize it and perform a backup. Have you tried booting it up and just leaving it on for a bit before trying to log in?
    02-09-21 10:02 PM
    I'm looking for the same query solutions, kindly tag traffic ticket whenever you'll get the answer soon.
    Last edited by sherfy70; 04-17-21 at 04:37 AM.
    02-09-21 10:27 PM
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I have booted it up and let it sit for a while. It actually goes to a clock/alarm screen quickly, then goes to the ID screen and just sits there. I'll give it more time - got nothing to lose.

In terms of hooking it up to a computer, I've seen a few programs like Blend as well as pure drivers. Any idea what's the most efficient way to give this a shot?

Thanks so much. Really appreciate it...

W
    02-09-21 11:44 PM
    1) You can go to BlackBerry BBID website to check you BBID / Password combo or to reset your password (as long as you have access to the original email account used with it). https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ (but i'd only check the combo right now... don't try changing it yet...)

2) You'll need the older BlackBerry Desktop software for BBOS 7.1 https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads (if you have an older mac or pc... it would be best)
    02-10-21 11:57 AM
    Latest Win10 seems to run BB Desktop software fine on my old Panasonic Toughbook CF30 laptop... Over usb, at least. Fwiw.
    02-11-21 03:05 AM