Hi, really hope this isn't too much of noob question! but as I'm getting on a bit, and don't trust all I read on the internet. (I've been led to believe you are the best people to ask). the question, my daughter is on a 3 contract with a blackberry curve 9300 and wishes to replace it with a 9360 or 9900 neither on 3 (o2 and phones 4 u), now I realise these can be unlocked (reading threads on this site) BUT will bbm and internet still work? (told in phone shop they wouldn't) and is it easy to unlock? much appreciation for your help, Paul
    12-05-12 11:51 AM
    (I've been led to believe you are the best people to ask).
    That we are Welcome to Crackberry.

will bbm and internet still work? (told in phone shop they wouldn't)
    Yes it would, provided the phone has a data plan, more specifically, a BIS data plan. If your daughter can BBM and use the internet on her 9300 right now, it means she has a BIS plan. Out of curiosity, which store were you told at that it wouldn't work? At a 3 store, or one of the two places you've mentioned?

is it easy to unlock?
    Yes, provided you get the code from a reputable unlocker, or even from some free resources that are posted here from time to time. The unlocking process basically entails the user having to enter a unique code (or two, depending on how the carrier has locked the phone) into the phone.

Phones4u sounds like a third party (i.e. non-carrier) store. You might want to find out if they unlock phones for you, or sell unlocked phones.
    12-05-12 01:20 PM