On Blackberry Australia's website no less. No carrier news yet though.

BlackBerry - Smartphone - BlackBerry Mobile Phone in Australia
    08-04-11 01:02 AM
    Someone on here said Optus is going to have it. I didn't see it on their site though. Didn't look for long though. I was on my phone and wasn't the best way to search.

Edit:
    Here we go. Bold 9900 and Torch 9860 available September 1st
    http://www.optus.com.au/store/blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 08-04-11 at 08:14 AM.
    08-04-11 05:26 AM
    I'm ditching vodafone just to get the 9900! Pre-orders are live on Optus Mid-August
    08-05-11 12:10 AM
    I was able to enter my details for SMS and email updates on the Optus site. So, Sept 1st release huh? Not too bad. I wonder if I can hold out an extra 2 weeks.

I'll want to buy outright and these guys are notorious for initially only selling on contract.
    08-05-11 01:35 AM
    Just chatted with a Optus Service Rep. These new phones will only be available through Optus on 24 month contracts. No outright purchase allowed.

Sort of makes up my mind for me. Hellloooo Handtec.
    08-05-11 01:50 AM
    Yeah, I talked to a woman at Optus today. They are getting the PlayBook and their phones aren't being sold outright was what I learnt(also another rumor about the PB, see the PB section...). I tried to get a price out of her but she wouldn't go for it. She trains the staff at the Optus shops and said they will be training on the new phones next week and trained on the PlayBook already. I hope they will know the PlayBook well so they can show it off to people.

I tried to get a range of what the price could be for the phone outright. Since they wouldn't say for the Bold I asked what the Samsung Galaxy II was(first one that came to mind) and it was a bit under $800. I'm new here still( 4 months down here) and find that crazy! I feel bad for you guys paying this for a phone.

Phone4u(?) Will be a good place to go I'd say. Should be cheaper and able to buy it with no plan.

08-05-11 05:33 AM
    More interesting news. Optus have an exclusive 3 months on the 9900 and 9860. They aren't getting the 9810 just yet (so one of the others must have buttoned that model down). I don't like the 9810 form factor anyway. Release is Sept 1 and pre-sales go online mid August.

I hope to have my 9900 here by then. Personal Hotspot feature allowing.
    08-06-11 12:31 AM
    Hopefully NZ gets them around the same time, as the rugby world cup which BB is sponsoring starts on 9th Sep. IIRC we didn't get the 9800 till 1-2 months after aus. And we really need some new BBs as vodafone no longer sells the bold and telecom still sells the 9700 and 9000.

08-06-11 03:49 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Black) #HK_218039 - Expansys Australia

Price is still up there at $733.00 - at least they aren't trying to gouge us for GST (as they don't pay GST on imports, it's hardly fair to charge us for it then!).
    08-06-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD