Hi
    I'm looking for your thoughts. I use my phone for work email and personal uses (movies and travel apps etc.). About 50/50.

I'v never had a non keyboard phone and overall been happy with the Blackberry style phone (other than a short visit with a Droid Pro).

The touch screen only phone looks good and seems it would be great for movies when flying etc. and ease of use but I wonder about using the on screen keyboard. Never liked sure type, but I see you can hold the touch sideways and get a fill qwer keyboard.

Anyone who has used a touch screen only keyboard after a blackberry have any thoughts or advise they would care to share?
    04-09-11 09:25 AM
    I'd say when they come out go in and test it out in store first. RIM is saying that the virtual keyboard is going to be improved. I've never had an all touch device either and have using keyboard phones back to the Treo 600, but if the virtual keyboard on the new all touch BB is great then I plan to switch over to no keyboard.
    04-09-11 09:43 AM
    The on-screen keyboard on the Storm 2 worked fine. With SureType enabled in portrait, I was able to type really quickly, probably more so than on a physical keyboard. It takes a bit of getting used to - and it's kind of a taste/preference thing - but it shouldn't dissuade you from the Touch. You'll get the hang of it quickly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 10:13 AM
    yes I have the same history, started with the Treo and hard keys have always worked for me. But the big screen looks like it would be great for everything else.

I have access to a storm 2 and played with it a bit but I had read the same things about a new keyboard. I have searched and haven't found any detail on it. Maybe more info will come out soon.

I have a playbook inbound and using that for email may answer my question. If I don't like it on the playbook I doubt I'll like it on a phone.
    04-09-11 10:15 AM
    I think you can switch to a compact qwerty which I used on my Touch Diamond and I actually was decently fast.
    04-09-11 06:12 PM
    I'm not sure about the Storm 2, but the original Storm allowed one to set portrait to either QWERTY or SureType. I personally had it set to SureType and really enjoyed it (I actually was a big fan of the Pearl, and was a little upset that VZW didn't pick up the Pearl 3G). I'm pretty sure that if the Storm 2 had that option, the Touch will also have it.
    04-09-11 08:20 PM
    I've loved my S1 and S2 and will continue with the Storm 3 (Touch).
    04-10-11 08:37 AM
    I've loved my S1 and S2 and will continue with the Storm 3 (Touch).
    Ditto!

04-10-11 07:33 PM
    If there is some way that you can use the keyboard to type on the Playbook with, then im definitely getting the Bold touch...but then again i would love a bigger screen. im kinda worried about the smaller screen on the bold touch though. seems almost too small to enjoy, but i'd have to try one out first.
    04-10-11 08:36 PM
    I have a BlackBerry store near me, its in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and one of the services they provide is a tutorial on any BlackBerry device you purchase at their store, so hopefully around June 10th, I'll be getting a Bold Touch 9930 from them

04-10-11 08:40 PM
    You know something?
    04-11-11 10:39 AM
    Too early to tell.
    04-11-11 10:41 AM
    Got a quick look at the keyboard today on the new video. But it was to quick to tell much
    04-13-11 06:39 PM
    Hi

Anyone who has used a touch screen only keyboard after a blackberry have any thoughts or advise they would care to share?
    I went from a Curve to a Storm2 and it took me a while to get used to a v-keyboard. The S2 has an option to autocomplete words which sucks when trying to type out something completely different. I got that turned off, but when I'm typing, it still suggests words and after you press enter or the space bar, it fixes whatever it is you wrote whether you wanted it to or not. That's my only gripe with the S2.

I looked like I had Tourette's for a couple of weeks until I got the hang of a v-keyboard, but now I can fly when I type. Give it a shot. I'll never go back to a physical keyboard BB again.
    04-14-11 09:20 AM
    Is the Touch still going to have the click screen?
    04-14-11 11:23 AM
    Is the Touch still going to have the click screen?
    No its capacitive just like iPhone and androids
    04-14-11 12:34 PM
    I looked like I had Tourette's for a couple of weeks until I got the hang of a v-keyboard, but now I can fly when I type. Give it a shot. I'll never go back to a physical keyboard BB again.
    Went from a curve to a storm 2 and back to a bold 2. 6 months with each device. SurePress was great until I started to type faster than the piezo thing could handle. Went back to a 9700 and the feeling of typing on a real keyboard is pure relief. It's indescribable.
    04-14-11 01:29 PM
    Went from a curve to a storm 2 and back to a bold 2. 6 months with each device. SurePress was great until I started to type faster than the piezo thing could handle. Went back to a 9700 and the feeling of typing on a real keyboard is pure relief. It's indescribable.
    Except you just DID describe it as "pure relief" =D

04-14-11 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD