When I'm connected to WiFi in my house and AT&T's network and try to use the browser, I get an error message telling me that the server could not be connected to. However when I disable WiFi connections, I can use the browser with no problems with just the mobile network.

Does anyone what may be causing this? Any fixes?
    09-08-11 10:07 PM
    When I'm connected to WiFi in my house and AT&T's network and try to use the browser, I get an error message telling me that the server could not be connected to. However when I disable WiFi connections, I can use the browser with no problems with just the mobile network.

Does anyone what may be causing this? Any fixes?
    exact same problem here. have a vzw 9850. I don't think I had this problem on my work wifi, though.

I'm checking for something out of the ordinary on my router, but I'm not seeing it.
    09-08-11 11:30 PM
    exact same problem here. have a vzw 9850. I don't think I had this problem on my work wifi, though.

I'm checking for something out of the ordinary on my router, but I'm not seeing it.
    Yeah, it's really strange. And I don't see any problems with my router either. All of my other wireless devices work fine.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    09-09-11 12:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem. But for me, my 9810 connects to my laptop's hotspot, but doesn't stay connected. It keeps trying to connect, and then fails. I get messages on my 9810 that say "failed to connect against the network," or "cannot get an IP address."

I was having the same problem at a friend's house where I had setup their router and laptop, so I thought it was something I was doing wrong in setting up the WiFi initially. I solved the problem, the problem with my 9810 connecting to that router, but frankly I'm not sure what I did.

As I continue to work on connecting my 9810 to my laptop, I'll post my efforts and results in this thread. Maybe we can figure this out, or someone more knowledgeable will offer their thoughts.

Edit 9/10/10:
    Last night I realized what I did to allow the 9810 to connect to the router. I turned off the router's encryption for a moment. This allowed the 9810 to connect to the router. I turned router encryption back on, and the 9810 connected and stay connected for the rest of the evening.

I'm not sure what happened. I'm guessing the 9810 was able to receive an IP address, but could be completely wrong. Unfortunately, I neglected to investigate before I left that evening. I'll be back there on Monday, and will see if my phone still connects.

I'm trying to find out how I can turn encryption off on my laptop hotspot, but no joy yet.
    Last edited by Dharma1; 09-10-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Additional information
    09-09-11 05:46 PM
    I'm having the same problem. But for me, my 9810 connects to my laptop's hotspot, but doesn't stay connected. It keeps trying to connect, and then fails. I get messages on my 9810 that say "failed to connect against the network," or "cannot get an IP address."

I was having the same problem at a friend's house where I had setup their router and laptop, so I thought it was something I was doing wrong in setting up the WiFi initially. I solved the problem, the problem with my 9810 connecting to that router, but frankly I'm not sure what I did.

As I continue to work on connecting my 9810 to my laptop, I'll post my efforts and results in this thread. Maybe we can figure this out, or someone more knowledgeable will offer their thoughts.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

I'm sure we can figure this out. It's very strange indeed.
    09-09-11 10:00 PM
    I solved my problem, but I don't think I can help any of the other people in this thread.

I was trying to get my 9810 to use my laptop.'s internet connection. The reverse of tethering the laptop to use the 9810's internet connection.

My problem was that I had my laptop hotspot set to "share the internet" (thinking this would connect the wireless hotspot adapter to the Local Area Network). But I also had to set the laptop's Local Area Network to "share the internet" with the hotspot adapter.

It's a simple thing that drove me nuts for more hours than I care to admit. My 9810 is now connected to my laptop using WPA2.
    09-11-11 12:06 AM
    I have the exact problem. I've never had this problem with my previous BB 9000 and BB 9100. Last night I changed my phone to the 9810 and bam the problem is there.

Rogers is no help (as usual) and search through Google only find other people with the exact same problem without any resolve
    11-23-11 10:45 AM
    Below is the likely answer to all your problems.

First some background/ramblings by me

Then my a-ha moment

And finally a direct link to the likely answer

hope that helps

Cheers.
    11-30-11 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD