I had some very exciting news that I had to share. I am an avid reader of Crackberry and wanted to share this info. I was in a meeting with our reps from AT&T today concerning switching from Big Red over to AT&T for our wireless service. In conversations about what wireless phones we would use, I had jokingly suggested we would wait until the 9800 was released. She said, well that would be very soon then. I was floored. She ended up reading me an email that they had gotten concerning they are going to have a press release on August 2nd about the 9800 becoming available to consumers on August 15th. In the email it also mentioned that the 9800 will, in fact have BlackBerry OS 6 on it ready to go. I asked if she could forward the email to me to prove this because I know you have to have some proof to go along with rumors, but she could not. Time will tell on this. So, this info came directly from a AT&T rep themselves. It looks like BB6 is coming much sooner than anticipated! For me and all of the others out there ready for a new phone and new OS, it�s coming very soon!
    07-29-10 01:50 PM
    I'm more interested if phones with 256mb of memory will get it..
    07-29-10 02:05 PM
    Yes. we know this...
    07-29-10 02:05 PM
    Agreed.....
    07-29-10 02:09 PM
    It looks like BB6 is coming much sooner than anticipated! For me and all of the others out there ready for a new phone and new OS, it�s coming very soon!
    for phones that have 256mb, all the other phones will have to wait and see.
    07-29-10 02:13 PM
    Yeah, this has been rumored for quite some time. The press event next Tuesday pretty much confirms it.

The big question is how feature packed will OS6 be for 256MB devices, if released at all?
    07-29-10 02:17 PM
    Yeah, this has been rumored for quite some time. The press event next Tuesday pretty much confirms it.

The big question is how feature packed will OS6 be for 256MB devices, if released at all?
    well they did say that no 85xx device would have it... and they do... so it might be a compressed version.
    07-29-10 02:20 PM
    If you could find out if OS 6 will run on a 9700 that's would be great...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 02:27 PM
    +1. 10 char
    07-29-10 02:31 PM
    Yep, just stopped by my local ATT store to pick up a charger for the wifes's phone and YES the black abd blue tube with BB's and ATT logo was there. I asked what that was for and the sales rep said I can't talk about it. Hahaha! For all of you peeps just do a search at MobileCityOnline.com and you'll see you can pre-order the 9800 for ATT
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com via AT&T Blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 02:36 PM
    07-29-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD