They pair fine but I always have to enter the pin. My previous phone remembered the pin.

Is this some system setting I'm missing? Ideally I'd like the two to find each other and just work without my help, I don't know what the difficulty is.

Is this the common experience?
    12-11-09 01:00 AM
    Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same Pioneer head unit and I have the 9700 on order so I am interested in the paring of the two devices. Do all other features of the AVIC D3/9700 work okay?
    Thanks
    12-31-09 10:58 AM
    How did you get yours to pair? I have been trying for months now and I keep getting "connection error" on the AVIC and "unable to pair" on my phone. I just recently took my car into the shop that installed my AVIC and they called Pioneer. Pioneer told them that the Bold 9700 was too new of a phone and it will not connect. Ever. Pioneer will npt update the software or produce a newer Bluetooth adaptor. They want you to basically purchase a whole new unit.
    01-11-10 03:15 PM
    That sounds like just an excuse to get you off the phone with them.

My 8330 works perfectly on my JVC headunit which is certainly several years old.

What I would do, is delete the bluetooth pairing on both the phone and stereo. Then setup the connection again. The headunit should ask you to enter a PIN that you'll need to also put on the phone. When the phone asks for the matching PIN, there will be a check box. Checking that box will allow the phone to auto connect from then on.
    01-12-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD