My current cell is pretty well dead, I can't send texts, emails or play games on it. I can't even make calls unless the number is in my address book (stupid keyboard problem). After months holding on and patiently waiting I'm finally getting a little stressed...

What I'd really like is a shiny new S2. However, I think that the Onyx would be a good phone too... so I decided to wait until something new comes out up here in the frozen North.

So, which will it likely be? S2 or Onyx, what do you think?

I keep hearing rumours of problems in testing for both devices, which will probably lead to delays in release dates... should I hold on, or (since I can't even dial 911) do you think I should just pull the plug and get something now?

I would appreciate any inside info that the ninjas among you might have (I'm looking at you CX...) Please PM if you can't post it openly...

Thanks in advance...
    09-15-09 04:11 PM
    My current cell is pretty well dead, I can't send texts, emails or play games on it. I can't even make calls unless the number is in my address book (stupid keyboard problem). After months holding on and patiently waiting I'm finally getting a little stressed...

What I'd really like is a shiny new S2. However, I think that the Onyx would be a good phone too... so I decided to wait until something new comes out up here in the frozen North.

So, which will it likely be? S2 or Onyx, what do you think?

I keep hearing rumours of problems in testing for both devices, which will probably lead to delays in release dates... should I hold on, or (since I can't even dial 911) do you think I should just pull the plug and get something now?

I would appreciate any inside info that the ninjas among you might have (I'm looking at you CX...) Please PM if you can't post it openly...

Thanks in advance...
    If your waiting for the 9520 on Rogers, you'll wait forever. However, the 9700 will launch on Rogers several weeks after it launches on T-Mobile in Germany in October. 9550 will launch on Telus and Bell to replace the 9530 in October/November as well.
    09-16-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks SC...

I'm not holding my breath for the 9520 on Rogers (although it would make things easier). Right now I just need something, and I'd rather wait if I can (and if it's not going to be too long). I originally was waiting for the S1 on Rogers at the start of the year, so this has been somewhat of a long-haul!
    09-17-09 08:42 AM
    I believe its the 9700
    09-17-09 10:38 AM
    If your waiting for the 9520 on Rogers, you'll wait forever. However, the 9700 will launch on Rogers several weeks after it launches on T-Mobile in Germany in October. 9550 will launch on Telus and Bell to replace the 9530 in October/November as well.
    how about the 9520 (HSPA Odin) will that launch on the new telus HSPA network, and when?!?
    09-17-09 03:20 PM
    how about the 9520 (HSPA Odin) will that launch on the new telus HSPA network, and when?!?
    Telus and Bell will NOT launch the 9520, they will launch the 9550. Q4 2009. The first HSPA blackberry on Telus and Bell will be the 9700.
    09-18-09 12:55 PM
    how much will the 9700 be?
    09-22-09 12:05 AM
    Telus and Bell will NOT launch the 9520, they will launch the 9550. Q4 2009. The first HSPA blackberry on Telus and Bell will be the 9700.
    I though xx50 phones are iDEN network phones, like the 8350?
    09-28-09 01:39 AM
    If I were to guess I would say the 9700 will be in Canada first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 09:22 AM
    how much will the 9700 be?
    The going guess ('cause nobody really knows yet) is around $300 on a 3yr...
    09-28-09 11:41 PM
    I though xx50 phones are iDEN network phones, like the 8350?
    The xx50 is (from what i read) a cdma device with wifi.. The iden phones normally have the i at the end of the device model number..

ie...

7100i

8350i
    10-01-09 07:34 PM
    The xx50 is (from what i read) a cdma device with wifi.. The iden phones normally have the i at the end of the device model number..

ie...

7100i

8350i
    That would make some sense...
    This would be so much easier if RIM would friggin' just tell us how to decipher the model numbers.
    I mean we know some stuff, like UMTS 3G devices are 9xxx
    and GSM with GPS and no WiFi is xx10
    GSM with WiFi and no GPS is xx20
    and CDMA devices with no WiFi are xx30.

After that everything seems to be sort of arbitrary...
    10-01-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD