Can one of the "inside guys" tell me if there will be a CDMA version of the Onyx? Because I would definitely take that over any phone right now.
    Yes there will be a CDMA Onyx but you'll have to wait a while. Tour or Storm 2 aren't bad options either.
    07-20-09 04:49 AM
    Yes there will be a CDMA Onyx but you'll have to wait a while. Tour or Storm 2 aren't bad options either.
    Hi , I can see you have the Onyx , I only saw a pic of it.
    Is it wider than the bold with bigger and separate keys on the KB ?
    That is all that matters to me in addition to have 3G .

Is it available commercially now ? Un locked to be used outside USA ?

thanks in advance
    07-20-09 06:53 AM
    will the cdma onyx be replacing the tour or sold along side the tour?
    07-20-09 08:25 AM
    Can one of the "inside guys" tell me if there will be a CDMA version of the Onyx? Because I would definitely take that over any phone right now.
    Look at the device under Radios Sig.
    07-20-09 08:46 AM
    I don't know radio's involvement on the CDMA side of things...Maybe blackmannx can come in and comment?
    07-20-09 07:11 PM
    There is no CDMA version of the Onyx. CDMA has its own devices coming. A few of which surely don't need to be the cousing of a GSM device.
    07-20-09 08:40 PM
    There is no CDMA version of the Onyx. CDMA has its own devices coming. A few of which surely don't need to be the cousing of a GSM device.
    Crucial why are there so many different kinds of BlackBerry phones? The average person cant tell them apart. I was listening to a radio talkshow and the host was calling the Tour a new curve (which it isnt obviously) but it just shows how little difference there is between these phones in terms of appearence. Shouldnt RIM create the same device and two different versions for the carriers rather than having a ton of unique carrier specific devices? For example, make a curve and make two versions, one CDMA and one GSM that have to whole package (wifi, gps, 3g etc) then make a storm, pearl etc that just have two versions, one for each type of carrier. I think that RIM is starting to flood the market with too many similar BB devices.
    07-20-09 09:34 PM
    I just want to know how thin the 9850 will be, compared to today's Blackberrys.
    07-20-09 10:13 PM
    Crucial why are there so many different kinds of BlackBerry phones? The average person cant tell them apart. I was listening to a radio talkshow and the host was calling the Tour a new curve (which it isnt obviously) but it just shows how little difference there is between these phones in terms of appearence. Shouldnt RIM create the same device and two different versions for the carriers rather than having a ton of unique carrier specific devices? For example, make a curve and make two versions, one CDMA and one GSM that have to whole package (wifi, gps, 3g etc) then make a storm, pearl etc that just have two versions, one for each type of carrier. I think that RIM is starting to flood the market with too many similar BB devices.
    I don't think its a bad move on RIM's part to have so many different devices out at the same time...

You have your "cheap berries": Curve family

Your "high end berries": Tour and Onyx

Your "Mid class berries" Bold and ...

Your "Touch screen berries" STORM

And now "Your touchscreen/keyboard berries": "MAGNUM" (That's not the actual name).

Its like when you get a car... you have your low end, medium, high end, and ridiculously expensive cars... Why not?
    07-20-09 11:32 PM
    I'll assume the 9030 is a CDMA Onyx.
    Following the trend of RIM device names, wouldn't it stand to reason that a 9030 would be a CDMA non-WiFi Bold (or perhaps a CDMA/GSM World Phone device)?
    07-21-09 12:13 AM
    Mmmm,I don't think I follow you on this statement CX...Could someone word it different?

I just figured that GSM BB's get dropped,and then they are "made" for CDMA networks...

Are you implying that CDMA BB's are coming that would make GSM users jealous?

Thanks for your input tho CX )
    07-21-09 12:16 AM
    Following the trend of RIM device names, wouldn't it stand to reason that a 9030 would be a CDMA non-WiFi Bold (or perhaps a CDMA/GSM World Phone device)?
    I can't "see" anymore World BB's coming to CDMA except the Storm 2...they would cut into Tour sales I'd imagine...
    07-21-09 12:25 AM
    All thes phones confuse my head! Wifi-non wifi,3g-non3g, GSM-CDMA

Hiw about just make a gsm/cdma capable phone that is a half touch screen half qwerty with a slide out keyboard for landscape typing with a 2g, 3g,1EV toggle switch with wifi 5 megapixel, blacked out with a trackpad. Call it the Blackberry Super Bowl and sell it. You cater to all the demographics. I mean all these devices that do the same thing that's only missing wifi or 3g or GSM is so mind boggling it makes my head swim laps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 01:27 AM
    So can you can you please give me a hint to what CDMA device that would be comparable to the Onyx as far as software and hardware (looks)?
    07-21-09 01:46 AM
    So can you can you please give me a hint to what CDMA device that would be comparable to the Onyx as far as software and hardware (looks)?
    The 9800 has to be the new "ONYX KIND OF" CDMA device. Why? because of the number.

Whatever comes out with a touch screen and a keyboard in one has to be 10XX

At least that's what my intuition tells me ( I could be totally wrong though).
    07-21-09 01:49 AM
    All thes phones confuse my head! Wifi-non wifi,3g-non3g, GSM-CDMA

Hiw about just make a gsm/cdma capable phone that is a half touch screen half qwerty with a slide out keyboard for landscape typing with a 2g, 3g,1EV toggle switch with wifi 5 megapixel, blacked out with a trackpad. Call it the Blackberry Super Bowl and sell it. You cater to all the demographics. I mean all these devices that do the same thing that's only missing wifi or 3g or GSM is so mind boggling it makes my head swim laps

lol

07-21-09 02:14 AM
    Crucial, can you say if there are any CDMA keyboard BBs in the work that are similar in size to the Bold, I like the large size of the bold, the Tour was just too small for my liking
    07-21-09 05:20 PM
    Giggity Giggity...
    07-22-09 04:15 AM
    Same insider now listed that he is using the 9250, 9900, 9030 and the 9800?
    Last edited by damankam786; 07-22-09 at 02:46 PM.
    07-22-09 02:42 PM
    Same insider now listed that he is using the 9250, 9900, 9030 and the 9800?
    Guessing here:

9250= Verizon Pearl slider
    9900= At&t Magnum
    9030= Verizon Bold
    9800= At&t Storm slider

Probably wrong on all of them LOL.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 07-22-09 at 03:16 PM.
    07-22-09 03:11 PM
    Guessing here:

9250= Verizon Pearl slider
    9900= At&t Magnum
    9030= Verizon Bold
    9800= At&t Storm slider

Probably wrong on all of them LOL.
    I am guessing it would be something to that sort to. Only if Radio or any other person in the know wants to step in and give us some information

07-22-09 03:26 PM
    Scratch the Verizon Bold. Looks like it will be an updated version of the Bold or so i heard.
    07-22-09 09:15 PM
    Wow.. lots of incorrect info
    07-22-09 10:55 PM
    Wow.. lots of incorrect info
    If you say it is incorrect, what's the correct devices matching with those numbers?

07-22-09 11:33 PM
    Oh radio...RADIO!?

07-23-09 01:47 AM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD