just go to the browser window of walmart with your cart that shows the price of the phone and go to file, and save as, save the page, or take a screen shot.

call them tuesday when they reopen and ask...

the phone wont ship out till then anyway...
    09-06-09 07:48 PM
    Yea might be $9.99 but you have to sign a 2 year agreement. No good for me cause Verizon won't give me a contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 07:55 PM
    just go to the browser window of walmart with your cart that shows the price of the phone and go to file, and save as, save the page, or take a screen shot.

call them tuesday when they reopen and ask...

the phone wont ship out till then anyway...

Who am I supposed to call?
    09-06-09 07:55 PM
    I'm callin Verizon to see if they would price match this so I don't have to mess with my plan
    Last edited by farellzach; 09-06-09 at 08:05 PM.
    09-06-09 07:59 PM
    scroll down hit contact us, or click order by phone....

it says this:

Need help with ordering?

all times Central

Just contact LetsTalk customer support at 1-800-539-1871. Be sure to reference your session number when you call.

Customer Support Hours:
    Mon - Fri: 8 am to 11 pm
    Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
    Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
    09-06-09 07:59 PM
    so what do you think would happen if I got this bb and plan on a new acct, moved the bb to my other acct (has a bb on it already) and changed this to a pay as you go?
    09-06-09 08:05 PM
    Okay so Verizon will not price match haha I just don't want to play around with my plan. I just want the phone!

09-06-09 08:08 PM
    dude you cant open a new contract and switch to pay as you go...not gonna happen...

you have an upgrade, use it... storm 2 woo woo.........
    09-06-09 08:11 PM
    Haha I was thinking about the s2 but for this deal I don't know it might be too good to pass up

09-06-09 08:13 PM
    dude you cant open a new contract and switch to pay as you go...not gonna happen...

you have an upgrade, use it... storm 2 woo woo.........
    guess your right...but I could activate another non smart phone on the acct and use for "kids out of the house" phone.
    09-06-09 08:16 PM
    not there anymore =(
    09-06-09 09:45 PM
    uh, ya it is....
    09-06-09 10:05 PM
    yea its there... with alot of good deals at walmart.
    09-06-09 10:52 PM
    Folks, you can also go to the LetsTalk website (they're like Wirefly, in that they contract with a lot of other companies to provide cell service and phones under their branding...) as well. You can use promo code 25RAFPCVER1 to get up to $25 off any phone order, making the Tour free with free shipping. Oh, and they also have the Storm 1 for free.

I noticed this when I was scouting out phones the other day. Just know that by ordering a phone with a price that subsudized, you'll want to read their terms and conditions CLOSELY. You screw them up in the first 181 days of service (that's right...first 6 months!), and you're on the hook for the amount they discounted the phone.

Good luck to y'all, though!
    Last edited by CNYBlackBerryAddict; 09-06-09 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Adding a promo code to help out... :)
    09-06-09 10:55 PM
    WireFly has been giving the Tour away free for at least a month now. They also make you pay for the 1st month upfront. It's part of how they make their money.
    09-06-09 11:22 PM
    WireFly has been giving the Tour away free for at least a month now. They also make you pay for the 1st month upfront. It's part of how they make their money.
    Actually, WireFly's VZ Tour is $29.99 -- though I'm sure there are good WireFly discount coupons, too (their Sprint version is the none-too-surprising price of $149.99.... ).

When I ordered my Sprint Curve 8330 from Wirefly back in May, I didn't have to pay for a month of service up front. Granted, I received my first bill from Sprint pretty soon after I got my phone, but I didn't pay anything out of pocket for my Curve, including shipping.
    09-06-09 11:35 PM
    I stand corrected. It was the 8520 they were giving away free, along with all other Curves. I think free phones is a desperate attempt to gain business. They take the hit on the phone and get the month of service up front to get their commission.
    09-06-09 11:36 PM
    I think they also might bank on a lot of people making a tiny slip-up and thereby, breaching their subsidy terms. I know I'm definitely watching closely to make sure I don't even come close to making any changes or paying any bills late that might give them an excuse to charge me for that subsidy. However, I had great customer care from them, my order shipped quickly, and I haven't had any problems.

People just wanna be sure they understand those steep subsidies can trip you up if you're not careful.
    09-06-09 11:47 PM
    question..

i have a curve 8330..im getting the price to show up as 9.99 for the tour with a a new 2 yr plan from walmart..if i were to purchase that phone and have the two bbs at once - could i then switch my current number and plan over to the tour and then pay the cancellation fee ($175 or whatever it might be) on that new line?

then, essentially..id be getting the tour for $35 (activation fee) + $175 (cancellation fee) + $10 (cost) = $220..which would be better than paying $500 retail or waiting a year for my upgrade..make sense? haha..
    09-07-09 12:18 AM
    No you don't pay your first month upfront. I've dealt with Wirefly more times than I care to admit.

People that plan on doing this via lets talk or wirefly keep one thing in mind. And think long and hard if this is a good thing for you.

If you go by either of these companies you agree to a 2nd yes 2nd contract. The company sets up your Verizon account and if you change your plan or change the phone or get rid of it they will charge you a hefty fee right to your credit card if it's within 6 months of signing up.

The fee ranges anywhere from $200 to $375. Most of the time for these types of deals you need to agree to keep an "extra" option on your plan. On dumbphones it's normally a texting plan unless you get the Premium plan.

You can usually upgrade your plan, but NEVER downgrade it or you get charged. And everytime you want to change somthing you have to call them and they normally insist of changing it for you if they don't do it for you they can charge you. Most of the time however as long as you call or email lets talk or wirefly before changing somthing they will note it on your account and won't charge you - so long as it's an upgrade and NOT a downgrade on the plan.

This is the hitch of getting these phones at such a deep discount. There is fine print, so read it.

Edit: I forgot.. If you need to warrenty your phone for an issue a lot of the time Wirefly will want you to mail them the phone and not go via Verizon. Most of the time if you call them first before going to Verizon they will note your account to expect a pin/esn/meid change and if you don't call them back to confirm the new phone info they will charge you their fee as it is counted as breaking their contract.

There's a lot to it and can be a real pain in the as* if you need somthing changed or fixed.
    Last edited by mrspock2002; 09-07-09 at 01:43 AM.
    09-07-09 01:38 AM
    No you don't pay your first month upfront. I've dealt with Wirefly more times than I care to admit.

People that plan on doing this via lets talk or wirefly keep one thing in mind. And think long and hard if this is a good thing for you.

If you go by either of these companies you agree to a 2nd yes 2nd contract. The company sets up your Verizon account and if you change your plan or change the phone or get rid of it they will charge you a hefty fee right to your credit card if it's within 6 months of signing up.

The fee ranges anywhere from $200 to $375. Most of the time for these types of deals you need to agree to keep an "extra" option on your plan. On dumbphones it's normally a texting plan unless you get the Premium plan.

You can usually upgrade your plan, but NEVER downgrade it or you get charged. And everytime you want to change somthing you have to call them and they normally insist of changing it for you if they don't do it for you they can charge you. Most of the time however as long as you call or email lets talk or wirefly before changing somthing they will note it on your account and won't charge you - so long as it's an upgrade and NOT a downgrade on the plan.

This is the hitch of getting these phones at such a deep discount. There is fine print, so read it.

Edit: I forgot.. If you need to warrenty your phone for an issue a lot of the time Wirefly will want you to mail them the phone and not go via Verizon. Most of the time if you call them first before going to Verizon they will note your account to expect a pin/esn/meid change and if you don't call them back to confirm the new phone info they will charge you their fee as it is counted as breaking their contract.

There's a lot to it and can be a real pain in the as* if you need somthing changed or fixed.
    Thank you Mr Spock.
    09-07-09 08:27 AM
    so i just called the phone number on walmart for the lets talk thing. it says NOTHING in their terms about their pricing being only good on primary lines....you cannot buy anything from walmart.com for a secondary line which makes ZERO sense. i asked her why they are false advertising and told her to get a life and hung up on her because she couldnt answer my question.

makes no sense because you can go to walmart all day long and upgrade secondary lines for the same price as a primary line... WTF
    09-07-09 03:52 PM
    so i just called the phone number on walmart for the lets talk thing. it says NOTHING in their terms about their pricing being only good on primary lines....you cannot buy anything from walmart.com for a secondary line which makes ZERO sense. i asked her why they are false advertising and told her to get a life and hung up on her because she couldnt answer my question.

makes no sense because you can go to walmart all day long and upgrade secondary lines for the same price as a primary line... WTF
    Let's Talk is what Walmart uses for Online. I don't *think* they use them in the store. From what I recall WM does their own stuff in the store but has Let's Talk take care of the online stuff.
    09-07-09 05:35 PM
    I am still on the fence about this. Not sure if I want the hassle of lets Talk. But to get a Tour for that price is good. I would definitely be changing the plan and phone on this new acct. So I am sure that I would be incurring some additional fees if I went with this deal.

1. get the tour thru Let's Talk w/new acct
    2. move the Tour to my primary acct
    3. dump the data plan and activate a non smart phone on the new acct.
    09-07-09 05:52 PM
    ^^^I called them today and from what i understand if you did that then you would be charged $250
    09-07-09 05:54 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD