Help!!

I have just purchased an 8gb memory card for my curve as advised in store that was the largest card my phone can take. I have connected the device to my laptop and opened my computer to click on the blackberry which then advised i needed to format it before using. So i formatted the card and it now says it has a total capacity of 3.3gb??? This is both in the device properties shown on my computer and on the handset. 3.3bg total space and 3.3 gb free space. Surely an 8gb card should be left with more memory than 3.3gb after formatting??

Steffi
    04-28-09 08:41 AM
    You need to be running OS 4.5 in order to see the full 8 GB (it will show 7.6 or so free after formatting.) Earlier OS versions can only see up to 4 GB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:48 AM
    ok, sorry to sound so special but im not very good with this blackberry! what is O.S 4.5? I presume its some kind of software for my phone, how do i update to the new version?

Thank you soo much for your help!
    04-28-09 09:10 AM
    ok, sorry to sound so special but im not very good with this blackberry! what is O.S 4.5? I presume its some kind of software for my phone, how do i update to the new version?

Thank you soo much for your help!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    04-28-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD