Hi everyone, I'm new here... haha

I just got the new 8900 from T-Mobile, and I wanted to set up using UMA and Wi-fi, but as I do a search, it won't see my router, but it'll see the neighbor's. Is there something that I need to do for it to see my router. It's a D-link DI-524 running WEP. I like the phone, but I want my wi-fi...
    02-12-09 01:47 AM
    Wifi is a must with this phone.
    02-12-09 02:13 AM
    Yea, that's why I got the 8900. Does anyone have any ideas that might help? Like do i have to open ports or change channels?
    02-13-09 09:26 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm new here... haha

I just got the new 8900 from T-Mobile, and I wanted to set up using UMA and Wi-fi, but as I do a search, it won't see my router, but it'll see the neighbor's. Is there something that I need to do for it to see my router. It's a D-link DI-524 running WEP. I like the phone, but I want my wi-fi...
    - Suggestion: Congrats on the 8900. You're Wifi should be able to pick up your connection. If can't, free wifi is still free wifi for the time being.
    02-13-09 03:49 PM
    When I first set the wi fi up my phone, I picked up several area routers as well but I simply refreshed a couple of times and mine registered. Since then no problems.
    02-13-09 07:58 PM
    Hey thanks everyone. I refreshed my 8900 and restarted my router to a different radio channel and now it works!!!
    02-13-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD