--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of getting a Mercedes C300. Will my BlackBerry 8830 work with the Bluetooth connection in this car?
    04-03-08 10:16 AM
    Yes it will. You need a bluetooth cradle. First you need to set up the cradle with your car and you need to connect to cradle.
    04-03-08 11:20 AM
    Thanks. Do I get the cradle from Verizon or Mercedes?
    04-03-08 11:27 AM
    The new MB C300 has BLUETOOTH built into the car and it's free/standard equipment.

It'll download your entire contact list in about 1 minute.

Works perfect.

I've been with MB for over 6 years fyi.
    04-03-08 11:53 AM
    Thank you. I'm taking a second test drive tonight, so I think I'll have the salesman pair my phone to make sure it works.
    04-03-08 12:18 PM
    Thank you. I'm taking a second test drive tonight, so I think I'll have the salesman pair my phone to make sure it works.
    Interestingly enough; the BB works even better then the simpler phones. I love it.
    04-03-08 12:29 PM
    Yes it will. You need a bluetooth cradle. First you need to set up the cradle with your car and you need to connect to cradle.
    You don't need no stinking cradle. What year is your Mercedes?

Pair with the car and if you set the Bluetooth profile to trusted, you won't even get a prompt each time you get inside the car and turn it on. It'll just bond automatically. If set to prompt, when you key on the phone asks if you want to bond to the car. Simple.
    04-03-08 07:23 PM
    I agree 100% with JRSCCivic98 about the cradle.

I have factory BT in two of my vehicles and a BT car kit with a very nice cradle/charger in my work car, and I very rarely remove my BB from my side in my vehicles. My cradle gets lonely.

Everyone has their own preferences though. If you spend a lot of time in your vehicle and are on your phone a lot, it is a nice safe place to charge it up.
    04-03-08 09:25 PM
    I can leave my Curve in my pocket and it pairs perfectly. No cradle. I also created an abbreviated call list by creating a new category in the phone book. I select only that category to upload through the BB BT options, and that way all 2000 business contacts don't upload. One of the best features of my 2009 C300!
    10-27-08 03:32 PM
    I have a 2007 E-350 and I can not get the directory to sync with the BT in the car. I get error check manual, which of course is useless. Anybody got any ideas?
    04-01-09 09:55 AM
    i have been trying to get a 8830 and a e550 with the B67875878. the bb pairs fine and the car acts like a headset. however, i cannot get the address book to sync. seaching through forums for an answer.
    04-02-09 08:12 PM
    New to forum. My wife and I just upgraded to 9800 torches (ATT) and mine paired perfectly with my Mercedes E350, but my wife's won't pair with her 2009 MBZ C 350. Neither her car or headset will work and once paired and recognized, her phone starts to ring and ring and if it does connect with someone, it is to broken up to understand what is being said. Tried to remove and repair both car and headset but both operate the same--or actually they don't. Any help is so appreciated. Thanks!
    09-12-10 10:16 PM
    OK-for anyone else that may have this problem with the 9800 torch and Mercedes Benz pairing (or pairing any other device) here is the fix for the problem. summary--wife's 2009 C-300 wouldn't pair with torch and caused constant ringing in both pairing with car and pairing with headset.
    Answer is to delete devices under bluetooth settings/power off phone and THEN take battery out of phone to cause software reboot. Keep battery out of phone for at least 30 seconds to a minute and then reinstall and allow phone to power back on. Once this is done, re-pair the car and headset if desired and it should work fine. I was on with tech support for over an hour figuring this out and the answer was that it device simply went crazy and needed to be rebooted--which I learned is not done by powering off but only by removing the battery. Hope this helps others and thanks!
    Go1ndr
    09-13-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD