8830 and I can't hear music thru my ear bud
    03-18-10 11:31 PM
    Wow...the hundreds of belittling jokes you have opened yourself up to with this...anyway. Have you tried the ear buds through a different source? Are you sure you have the proper alkalinity? What about Naomi? (couldn't help myself).
    03-18-10 11:41 PM
    Are they the ones that came with the phone or others? Any adapters? Wired or BT?
    03-19-10 09:24 AM
    i have tried multiple ear buds, no luck. It used to work at one time. Not using BT for the ear buds but do have BT I use for the phone that works fine.
    03-21-10 10:28 AM
    Sounds like the socket is faulty. I don't recall if there is a setting to switch between buds and the internal speaker or speakerphone. Have you tried pressing the $ key (speaker). Pushing in/out a few times?
    03-21-10 11:53 AM
    I am thinking it might be a faulty socket. $ does mute when the speaker is enabled. When trying to use the ear buds, there is some sound coming out of the phone's ear speaker.

Sounds like the socket is faulty. I don't recall if there is a setting to switch between buds and the internal speaker or speakerphone. Have you tried pressing the $ key (speaker). Pushing in/out a few times?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD