I have purchased the Blackberry 8830 (Verizon phone) but have secured the unlock code but now I cannot get the phone to work with myT-Mobile SIM Card. Does anyone have any answers for me? Please, I am anxious to use this new phone. Retiring a TREO and going back toBlackberry!
    08-07-08 03:48 PM
    You're trying to use a CDMA phone on the wrong network. The Verizon phones do not use SIM cards. You're probably looking at the media card slot.
    08-07-08 03:55 PM
    Verizon runs on CDMA and TMobile runs on GSM.
    Your TMobile card won't work in a Verizon phone.

Abe types faster then I do...
    08-07-08 03:55 PM
    My high school typing teacher would be so proud...

To the OP - The bottom line is - your VZW phone is worthless on T-Mobile. I hope you can return it and/or resell it and get one that will work with your network. There's a marketplace forum for posting items for sale, swap, etc.

Sorry.
    08-07-08 04:00 PM
    Oooopppsssss!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 04:02 PM
    You're trying to use a CDMA phone on the wrong network. The Verizon phones do not use SIM cards. You're probably looking at the media card slot.
    The 8830 may be the only Verizon phone that does have a SIM slot, but it's for overseas use. It won't help Toni here. From the User Guide: About global roaming:
    In global roaming mode, your BlackBerry� device is designed to connect automatically to an appropriate CDMA network or GSM network
    when you travel. Your wireless service provider must provide you with a SIM card that is set up for global roaming services before you can
    use a GSM network. When you insert the SIM card, your BlackBerry device automatically switches to global roaming mode. When you
    remove the SIM card, your BlackBerry device scans for CDMA networks only. If you switch between a CDMA network and a GSM network,
    the phone number for your BlackBerry device remains the same.
    For more information about global roaming and roaming fees, contact your wireless service provider.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-07-08 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo
    08-07-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD