I bought a new and my first blackberry - 8820. So far I love this phone.

I have one question -

I want to buy a Micro SD card for my phone (about 2 GB), so that I can transfer all my music from iPod or PC to the BB.

The one I want to buy is a Kingston 2GB micro SD Secure Digital Card. I can't post any links here, because this is my first post here.

Can any one tell me if this card will be appropriate for my 8820? Thanks.
    12-10-07 07:51 PM
    Pretty sure any microSD card will work and I believe up to 4GB for microSDHC. I currently use a Sandisk 4GB microSDHC and it works perfectly.
    12-10-07 09:43 PM
    If I were you, I'd at least have a 4gb. On my previous phone, I was running a 2gb miniSD and I was already running out of storage. a 4gb is pretty safe.
    12-10-07 09:54 PM
    I forgot to mention that I did a stupid mistake by buying a 4 GB miniSDHC for the 8820, but latter I realized that its not compatible with the 8820. I didn't pay much attention to the mini and the micro part, but now I want to be sure regarding what I wanna buy.
    12-10-07 09:58 PM
    Yeah, you need the MICRO SD card for the 8820. I'm running a 4 gig in mine. Had a 2 gig. But it didn't take long to fill it up. After dropping a few videos on there.... now I'm wondering about the 8 gig... lol Well.. those are still pretty expensive compared to the 4 gig. And we'll probably need the 4.3 OS to be able to use the 8 gig.

To answer your question, the specs say the 8820 will be able to use up to a 32 gig microSD card...... at some point when they are available. Today, the 4 gigs are great. Some folks have gotten the 6 gig to work. The 8 gig isn't available in enough quantity yet to know what tricks you might have to do to get it to work.

The Kingston 2 gig will indeed work. I had one of those. Price wise, I see them on sale pretty often @ FRYS.com for $20-30. I know I got my 4 gig with an adapter off Amazon for about $47.
    Last edited by dbltap; 12-11-07 at 07:34 AM.
    12-11-07 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD