Hi,

I'm fairly new to this site, but I've had my BB for a while - past warranty. Recently I regretfully downloaded a theme for my 8703e which has led me to a day of distress, and my device boots up with an hour glass for a few moments and then a screen saying "Data Abor... Reset". I found an article on this site which goes through the desktop manager but here is where I'm stuck:

It's now asking me for the handheld software. I'm assuming this comes from the carrier. I've downloaded VZ Access on the same download page as the Desktop Manager on the Verizon website, but I haven't a clue on what to do with it. I cannot a so called vender.xml file. Only a bunch of .dll's and an .exe which doesn't even detect my BB connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems a bit odd for myself to be asking for support when in reality, my profession is technical support for an ISP.
    03-26-08 09:53 PM
    I also forgot to mention the following message on the Device Application Screen.

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer."

This is where (in my opinion) the whole Verizon Wireless (my carrier) handheld software comes in...

I installed something called VZ access and when I run the .exe, it says it can't detect my device.

Thanks.
    03-26-08 10:27 PM
    if is your provider don't worry about vendor file, just install handheld software and run application loader
    03-26-08 10:28 PM
    I think this is where I'm confused. You just said, "install the handheld software".

What does this mean? Where do I install this? From where is it downloaded?

All I've got at this point is Blackberry Desktop Software, and something I downloaded called VZ Access, which hasn't helped me an ounce considering it doesn't even detect my device.
    03-27-08 08:28 AM
    Just an update: I did download the device software (yes, I found it) and I followed the steps on the articles. It successfully "resets" the device in Desktop Manager, but all I'm getting is an hour glass now.

I suppose I will re-try this a few more times and using the Java Kit wipe method as provided by an article I read.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've now not had anything to work with for 24 hours and I'm desperate.
    03-27-08 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD