So I bought this 8700 secondhand from a friend of mine and the thing worked great for about a week. Then all of a sudden I begin to get sim card errors and loss of internet connectivity. I still have EDGE but am unable to transmit data until a soft reset, then it works fine again for hours or days. I have 35 megs free memory so its not a memory problem, am I overlooking something? Could a sim card cause these problems? Wheb I lose internet I can still send SMS messages and make phone calls just no email or browser. Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 07:48 AM
    might wanna get a new sim card and see if that helps. probably your best first move.
    10-14-08 08:44 AM
    Thanks I was thinking that would be my first move, I'll go after work and get one. Do younow if there is a charge for a sim card?

10-14-08 09:20 AM
    Usually att will just give you a new sim card although they can charge you. I've never been charged though.
    10-14-08 10:27 AM
    Thanks I was thinking that would be my first move, I'll go after work and get one. Do younow if there is a charge for a sim card?

usually $10-20 for a new sim, but it should be free when the sim is faulty, like in your case.
    10-14-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD