driving me crazy. I downloaded DM4.7 and tried to go in through c/program files/common files/apploader. It gets to the point where it's installing software and it says communication error A:......... long number. I tried deleting the vendorxml file from the apploader, then reboot, then install latest OS onto the DM, still no luck.

I tried to use JLcommander but I downloaded it and and can't find how to actually use it. I'm running windows 7, so maybe someone could direct me to the right JL software and how to use it. I see threads saying "use JL commander to wife blackberry" but I can't even find an icon on my desktop after I download it and it's not on my progrrm list.

I'm getting frustrated. This was a working BB that took a dump in the middle of restoring it. replacing exact same model 8350i with cracked screen, bad SD port and bad speaker with the same exact model phone. I backed up the old one and the "new" refurb one was working when I got it. It had an OS on it. in the middle of restoring the data from old phone to the new one, this happened. The place I got it from said it would work with boost and nextel/sprint which is what I have.

thanks.
    09-03-11 09:42 PM
    USE BBSAK! Then click WIPE! then RELOAD software or download it then APPLOADER.exe
    09-03-11 10:11 PM
    Update to desktop manager 5.x or 6 if possible, then make sure the device software is installed from your carrier, then use BBSAK to wipe and reload it.

Link to the HowTo: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 10:59 PM
    I reinstalled dm 6.1 and the latest software right from sprint...all through internet explorer. I deleted the vendor xml file, then restarted copmuter. I used bbsak to wipe phone and when I tried to reload OS, I can't get past the "loading system software" screen. each time it says device communication errors encountered error: Ax0000000F

I even tried to do all of the above on my wifes work laptop. Same exact result.
    The phone was working when I got it, this all happened during an attempt restore data from my old 8350i to this device.
    09-04-11 08:11 AM
    I reinstalled dm 6.1 and the latest software right from sprint...all through internet explorer. I deleted the vendor xml file, then restarted copmuter. I used bbsak to wipe phone and when I tried to reload OS, I can't get past the "loading system software" screen. each time it says device communication errors encountered error: Ax0000000F

I even tried to do all of the above on my wifes work laptop. Same exact result.
    The phone was working when I got it, this all happened during an attempt restore data from my old 8350i to this device.
    Did you happen to get the newer device used?

09-04-11 08:29 AM
    yes, reburbished from an ebay seller with very good feedback. it kills me because It worked till I got my hands on it. It connected to dm, it turned on. I did a security wipe on it. It seemed fine. I hadn't bothered to set up email or make calls on it, I was going to see how much of my settings carried over from my "restore" before doing that. But the phone seemed to work fine.

I put my sim from other phone in and connected it to dm, and hit restore. I hoped this would put all of my contacts, etc from old 8350i into my "new" 8350i. that's when the troublestarted.
    09-04-11 08:55 AM
    My old phone lead a hard life... first I somehow mangled the SD card slot and it would no longer recognize the memory card. so no big deal since I use it for work and don't need to store a lot on it. then I dropped it in a pool (my job) I fished it out and pulled the batt immediately, threw it in a warm room in a bag of rice and it fired up the next day and works fine except I can't hear any voice sounds. the direct connect works, I can make calls...but I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me.

I only mention it because If it was possible, i'd swap whatever board/cpu/brain from old phone to new phone since the old phone only has physical problems not software issues...it has bad speakeer and bad sd slot.

would that be possible?
    09-04-11 08:59 AM
    anyone have another idea?
    09-05-11 09:58 AM
    anyone> bueller? anyone?
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-05-11 08:33 PM
    Didn't I mention to get an exchange unit? Have you read my post?
    anyone> bueller? anyone?
    09-05-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD