Hi guys , I own an 8350i that has no problems related to wifi signal but i recently bought another one for my wife that has problems connecting to our router and it gets a really weak signal , i ran a site survey from the Wifi Options/Wifi tools menu , my good 8350i gets an average of -61dbm in an open space about 6 feet away from the router , my other 8350i only gets -75dbm and if walk away 10 to 12 ft from the router it stops seeing the wireless network. This happens with any wireless signal including hotspots outside of my house.

I have updated the software to 4.6.1.313 , when i bought the phone it had a crack on lcd lens cover that i replaced so the guy who i bought it from must have dropped it ,i dont know if something could have got messed up inside. Everything else works fine i just wish that i had checkd the wifi performance of it before i bought it . Is there anything that could be done to solve my issue? , Thanks guys
    Last edited by lenonlmp; 01-07-10 at 08:54 PM.
    01-07-10 11:01 AM
    Sounds like something got jarred loose or broken inside. I don't know the insides of these things, but there's likely a WiFi antenna in there somewhere! I'd check all of the connections... It's likely a very tiny connector for the antenna, and the connectors usually just snap into place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 06:56 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my phone.....Don''t think anything got jarred loose, it's only since I upgraded to .313
    01-12-10 02:47 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my phone.....Don''t think anything got jarred loose, it's only since I upgraded to .313
    Did you try downgrading to the previous version ? i haven found any solutions either. I saw a replacement wi-fi antenna on some website but i wanna make sure the problem is not software related.
    01-12-10 03:15 PM
    I have not tried it....Been meaning to but haven't had the time and the patience to brick my phone back and forth to look into the WiFi stuff at all.........

My WiFi is worthless since the upgrade for sure though.
    01-13-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD