E Location API - Setting Credential Failed
    E Location API - Setting PDE Failed

When testing out my gps for blackberry maps, I found this in the event log. i have tried every hack i can find to change the ip and ports and all. What does this mean? Verizon says it just wont work but it did in december of last year before I had to switch to a dumbphone and switch back to a BB. Help!
    12-18-09 10:12 AM
    Anyone? Please?
    12-18-09 12:14 PM
    Please help?
    12-18-09 02:19 PM
    Please help?
    I think you're on your own with this one. At this point I think it's pretty commonly accepted that the GPS function doesn't work with Verizon. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 08:52 PM
    At this point I think it's pretty commonly accepted that the GPS function doesn't work with Verizon.
    The GPS function works just fine with Verizon...

sambowomble, sorry but I don't have an answer for you.
    12-18-09 11:43 PM
    I think you're on your own with this one. At this point I think it's pretty commonly accepted that the GPS function doesn't work with Verizon. Good luck!

The internal GPS in a Verizon 8330 running OS 4.5 works perfectly with BBMaps. Are you using the same 8330 as last year? Are you using the same OS?
    12-18-09 11:50 PM
    The internal GPS in a Verizon 8330 running OS 4.5 works perfectly with BBMaps. Are you using the same 8330 as last year? Are you using the same OS?
    No. I'm running the latest OS. I have never been able to use GPS with BBMaps. Poynt, as well, tells me GPS is not supported when I use the app. I have only had GPS success using Google Maps.

To the OP - sorry if I've given bad info.

12-19-09 05:18 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling bbmaps. I have an 8330 from vzw and it works fine. I even put the hybrid os on here and it still works. I would try an uninstall and reinstall first.

12-19-09 06:00 AM
    No. I'm running the latest OS. I have never been able to use GPS with BBMaps. Poynt, as well, tells me GPS is not supported when I use the app. I have only had GPS success using Google Maps.

To the OP - sorry if I've given bad info.

Google Maps will run on your 8330, but only in cell tower mode. It can't use the internal GPS. In cell tower mode, it will locate you within a few thousand meters. In GPS mode it can get as close as 3 meters. Only BBMaps can use the internal GPS in a Verizon 8330.

12-19-09 11:37 AM
    Can my Sprint 8330 use the internal GPS in Google Maps?
    12-19-09 04:10 PM
    Yes, Google Maps can use the internal GPS in your Sprint 8330. Only Verizon to my knowledge disables the internal GPS on 8x30 devices.

12-19-09 04:14 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling bbmaps. I have an 8330 from vzw and it works fine. I even put the hybrid os on here and it still works. I would try an uninstall and reinstall first.

I'm gonna try reinstalling bbmaps on my 8330 vzw hopefully this time around it works. I'm also using the 6.5 hybrid. Noticed that GPS hasnt worked since i did that upgrade but i'll try it out. Fingers crossed
    12-19-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD