I have a curve 8330. Just updated to .131 and everything works good. I have had an issue with the GPS working with the phone since the second or third week I had the phone. Initially it worked fine, every time. Then it would be intermittent in when it functioned properly. Now, I can rarely use the actual GPS part of BB maps. The maps pull up fine, its just when I try to find myself, or start GPS navigation.

One thing I wonder is if its the fact that I am not with VZW or Sprint. I have US Cellular.....I didn't think they were this behind. Maybe its my phone?

Like I said, i had the original os (.66 I think?) and just today upgraded to .131 and no change in the GPS issue (speakerblast is gone, however!!). Had this phone for several months, and only been able to use GPS a handfull of times. Just the other day it worked fine, then a couple hours later, back to nothing.

If anyone has any ideas or tips, it would be greatly appreciated!
    08-18-09 04:40 PM
    Verizon I've read on these forums lock the GPS & make their customers pay for it...I'm on Sprint and use mine all the time. Is it perhaps locked with USCC...have you called the provider and asked them?
    08-18-09 04:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/rea...v1-0-a-192999/

Some USCC folks have had success with the methods from this thread. Also may want to check out post #460 in that thread. Appears there may be a later developing workaround that would be worth a try.
    08-18-09 05:36 PM
    According to post #465 it worked using the alltel settings for ussc.

forkup
    08-18-09 06:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f110/ea...8330-a-268271/

Give this a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 06:30 PM
    Yep, that's the same thing they started mentioning in the "real fix" thread. Real cool workaround! And waaaay easier than the hack method I might add having been through that procedure.
    08-18-09 06:34 PM
    You might also try upgrading to a newer OS. I think GPS was locked up on .131. At least it was for me on Alltel. The first solution worked great for me though. Good luck, this is an annoying issue, I know.

08-18-09 06:35 PM
    The fix Special Opps mentions worked for me and I am on US Cellular as well.

08-18-09 06:36 PM
    I have a curve 8330. Just updated to .131 and everything works good. I have had an issue with the GPS working with the phone since the second or third week I had the phone. Initially it worked fine, every time. Then it would be intermittent in when it functioned properly. Now, I can rarely use the actual GPS part of BB maps. The maps pull up fine, its just when I try to find myself, or start GPS navigation.

One thing I wonder is if its the fact that I am not with VZW or Sprint. I have US Cellular.....I didn't think they were this behind. Maybe its my phone?

Like I said, i had the original os (.66 I think?) and just today upgraded to .131 and no change in the GPS issue (speakerblast is gone, however!!). Had this phone for several months, and only been able to use GPS a handfull of times. Just the other day it worked fine, then a couple hours later, back to nothing.

If anyone has any ideas or tips, it would be greatly appreciated!
    I had the same problem with my phone. I got my blackberry replaced due to hardware issues and got a 8330m. GPS never worked so they sent me another one. I stood outside for a half hour trying to catch a signal before i went inside and decided to do the "fix." I'm updating to .169 now. See if it's better.
    08-18-09 07:32 PM
    I am on US Cellular, tried the Garmin fix last month, and mine works flawlessly, indoors, on cloudy days, you get the idea, every time. It is NOT the network.
    08-18-09 09:23 PM
    http:xxforumsxcrackberryxcom/f110/easy-solution-gps-fix-8330-a-268271/

Give this a try

This appears to be working for the time being. Seems kinda strange to me that this is the "missing piece" for USCC customers with GPS issues, but it definitely worked. Its even picking up 12 sat's religiously when before it would pick up 6 to 7 at most. I now feel like I can use my phone to its full potential.

Anyways thanks to everyone who posted a solution! And to anyone else who has issues with their USCC BB and gps, it appears that this is the way to go.
    08-19-09 02:46 PM
    upgrade to .160 os - I had .131 and it didn't work. now it does!
    08-19-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD