Hi guys, I'm a total newbie.
    I have this annoying problem. My Curve 8320 won't do a wifi connection in my home wifi network and all free hotspot wifi I mean all free hotspot wifi!

Blackberry recognizes the network but comes up with Reason: Failed to associate with the network
    I've search every forum threads about this problem and it seems none of them solve my problem. (Battery pull, Hotspot browser, Router's firewall, etc)

Everything else if fine, I've got a bb data plan and my 8320 works like a charm sending/receiving email, browsing bb messenger but this wifi problem annoys me so much...

Sorry for my bad english I currently live in Indonesia and I'm using Unlocked AT & T 8320 device

And one more thing it seems that Options->About in my bb is not responding I did clicked it but nothing happens so I retrieve these informations using ALT-CAP+H Shortcut
    Infos about my 8320:
    Vendor ID: 102
    Platform: 2.6.0.92
    App Version: 4.5.0.124 (174)

Core Applications:
    BlackBerry 4.5.0 Core Applications (4.5.0)
    BlackBerry 4.5.0 System Software (4.5.0)
    BlackBerry MDS Runtime (4.5.0.20)

Thanks in advance guys
    06-27-09 04:12 AM
    I have experienced failure to connect with some of the beta OS software I was experimenting with.

The fact that Options / About is not working tell me some memory management has been attempted. Removing Voice Activated Dialing is the most common reason.

I would start with a known good version of the 8320 OS. Both T-Mobile US and Rogers Canada support v4.5.0.81. It is know to work correctly.

You can download it directly from BlackBerry support. If it does correct the problem, keep it handy when testing future OS upgrades. It's nice to have roll back position.
    06-27-09 10:22 AM
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was trying to install Older OS (lower than 4.5) and I accidentally pulled out the usb cable while doing so...my bb went blank with just a blinking red light. It took me hours to search thread about reviving a nuked bb in this forum. (Almost gave me a heart attach btw)

I wiped it clean and then downloading this os 8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124 _Indosat.exe

Still got the same problem, my bb can see all the wifi network but it won't connect. It's driving me nuts.

Changed the router channel on my home network, reset it etc. Use different security setting (WEP, WPA etc) and I even tried not to use a security setting at all. Still got the same problem.

Thanks
    06-27-09 02:30 PM
    A4.5.0.124 _Indosat. ...
    That is exactly my point. Not all carriers want Wifi enabled.

I have went through that a few times, including manual configuration. No connection.

That is why I suggested the version approved by a UMA enabled carrier.

Try this one: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8320 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.81
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
    File name: 8320M_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_Rogers. exe
    File size: 77.27MB
    06-27-09 04:20 PM
    What do you answer at the prompt where it asks you about the setup? Try answering no and you can just enter the wifi passcode.
    06-27-09 04:31 PM
    File name: 8320M_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_Rogers. exe

It has an m letter (8320m) it won't load into my 8230. I heard that 8320 and 8320m were totally different.
    Btw I don't need UMA mode I just want to surf the web using wi-fi and my carrier (Indosat) is a UMA enabled carrier (that's what they said). I've done everything including resending service book from my carrier.

@brontegirl
    just the ussual procedure. Searching wifi-found them-login in (enter password if it has a secure line) but always came up with the same result "Failed to associate with the network" even on my home network with no password nor encryption and not to mention dozens of free wifi hotspot around my office building.

Thanks.
    06-28-09 04:01 AM
    also, an AT&T branded phone might only pick up AT&T hotspots. i know that once i people unbranded their Bolds, they werent able to properly pick up AT&T hotspots without some tinkering. im willing to bet the phones AT&T branding is only trying to let it access AT&T hotspots, not the Indosat ones.
    06-28-09 04:52 AM
    Mine does this unless I press the "pairing" button on my router as it's trying to connect....? Any chance it could be something like that??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD