I posted this in the wifi section, but thought I might get a quicker response from someone who uses the same phone here.

I just bought a 8320 unlocked from TMO and inserted my ATT sim card. Basic features are working fine like expected, but the wifi won't work with data turned off. I don't carry the data plan so I wanted to make sure I wasn't running up a huge bill.
    It detects my modem and says connected, (4 bars with a yellow circle with a minus in it) but when I go to the browser it says something to the extent of the service being unavailable and to try back later. (sorry, I can't recall the exact wording, but I am away from my modem to check it)
    I looked through the forum and found some great information, but it still won't work.Am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy the data plan or am I missing something here?

Thanks.
    09-17-09 02:11 PM
    I am having the same problem. Hopefully someone will answer this.
    10-24-09 09:58 PM
    you gotta turn on the data service even on wifi.

And change the browser default to wifi browser. Otherwise, you'd use wap browser and get the error below:

but when I go to the browser it says something to the extent of the service being unavailable and to try back later
    Last edited by bboz; 10-25-09 at 01:40 AM.
    10-25-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD