Maybe this has been address already but i can't find it anywhere. I have a BB8310 (EDGE) unlocked and i'm using it with Fido. I found out that Fido does not offer BB connect data plan anymore so i'm left out inthe cold when it come to email,MMS and web surfing. The closest i've come to thse features is Fido telling me that they can activate a 3G plan but cannot tell me it
    will work and if it doesn't i am locked into a dataplan contract. Does anyone know if i have any options avaiable to me? I don't want to leave my currant voice plan (local unlimited call for a fixed price). Can anyone help?

thanks
    08-14-08 07:10 AM
    You could perhaps download the Opera Mini browser and run it on Fido's APN settings. This would give you internet access and you may be able to use the Gmail application or Yahoo go for your email but failing that you may have to browse to your email online.

I am not sure if this will allow mms or if the 3G data plan will cover the costs. I guess it may depend on which APN settings you use.

Opera mini is not quaranteed to work though so maybe try it first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD