Can i use a Macbook Pro's Bluetooth to send internet to the 8310. Like create a PAN on my Macbook Pro and have the Blackberry connect to the PAN as an internet connection?

Thanks
    02-21-08 10:15 PM
    Has no one ever tried to created a PAN for blackberries before?

Thanks
    02-22-08 11:13 PM
    spent 5 hours yesterday on the phone with Dell and AT&T laptop support on the issue of trying to get the 8310 to act as an untethered modem on BT. end of the day, and after a great help desk guy trying everything known to man to help, it didn;t work. the 8310 paired with my laptop, but nothing done would alllow me to connect. used the dialer connection, went through setup numerous times, etc.....I'm going back to connecting via a USB cable which works just fine.
    05-23-08 05:59 AM
    I just paired the blackberry and the computer, and then set up a dial up connection with the same Com port as the settings in, bluetooth settings shows, then filled in the phone # as "#777" with no name or password. than tell my computer to connect to that dialup connection. Walla'! In connected. (#777 is exclusive to sprint) hope this helps get you started though.

Vista 32 business BB 4.3
    01-06-09 03:11 PM
    Congratulations!!

Can anyone make it connect the other way around? By this I mean, to have the BB connect to a Bluetooth NAP connection? I don't think RIM would like that

It would be good for PAYG customers and people in weak signal areas. I suffer both such that mobiles cannot find a G2/G3 signal from inside my house!!
    Last edited by flop; 01-08-09 at 10:01 AM.
    01-08-09 09:34 AM
    I just paired the blackberry and the computer, and then set up a dial up connection with the same Com port as the settings in, bluetooth settings shows, then filled in the phone # as "#777" with no name or password. than tell my computer to connect to that dialup connection. Walla'! In connected. (#777 is exclusive to sprint) hope this helps get you started though.

Vista 32 business BB 4.3
    the #777 code work for Bell canada.
    I setup my PC to surf the internet using my blackberry 8130 internet connection with bell. I have an the unlimited plan :-)
    08-27-09 03:11 PM
    I hit this post on a search for "bluetooth PAN" and the technique begin described in THIS thread is NOT "PAN" or "Personal Area Network". It is the "DUN" or "Dial Up Networking" approach, where the BlackBerry acts as a modem. Windows computers can be paired via Bluetooth to the BlackBerry handheld, and one of the "services" offered via Bluetooth on a Blackberry is a "modem". Windows will see the BlackBerry handheld as a modem and using the correct settings, you can use Dial Up Networking to connect a Windows computer to the internet.

But devices like Android WiFi+Bluetooth tablets and the iPad do NOT support the "Dial Up Networking" method... they (apparently) only support the "Personal Area Network" method... so finding a way configure "PAN" on the BlackBerry is what is required to tether Android Tablets and iPads to a BlackBerry.

The instructions in this thread are not that.
    10-31-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD