So I had been using desktop redir for a little over a year. It was working great, but I decided I'd capitulate and join our companies BES (fairly open policy, but I still wanted full control). Long story short, after a DAY on the BES, I was ready to go back to desktop redirector. Rather than notify the BES admins, I just called sprint and had them reprovision my phone for BIS. Little did I know, that I wouldn't be able to remove the policy from my BB (stupid RIM.. just stupid). So, I ferret around and find the JL_Cmder application and utilize the "resettofactory" option. It works great UNTIL I hook my BB up to my computer to get it ready to sync with the desktop redirector. At that point, the policy shows up again on my device. What gives???

Thanks,
    Andy
    10-13-09 09:31 AM
    Not being able to manually remove an IT Policy is not a bad thing for a BES Admin like myself. We want to protect the corporate data that is on the device and if a typical user had the option to remove it any point they wanted then that would just defeat the whole point of having any type of security on the device.
    10-13-09 09:42 AM
    That's great. However... I'm not on the BES any longer. I also don't want to be bound by the BES policy. Unlike (I assume) your users, this is my personal device. I made a mistake (apparently) by asking to have my device added to the BES. I also made a mistake by not allowing them to send a kill pill to my device BEFORE I got re-provisioned by my carrier to BIS.

Now that I've made that mistake, I'm trying to figure out how to permanently rid myself of the BES policies without having to be re-provisioned back to BES then having the admins clear my account and then being re-provisioned back to BIS.
    10-13-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD