I recently wiped my 8130 Pearl to get rid of an IT Policy. Everything is working so much better with one exception: about every 4 days my device asks me to create a new password. I can't keep up! It is so annoying. I do want a password on my device so I'm not wanting to disable it, I just want to extend the time frame between password resets. Anyone know how?
    11-17-08 04:48 PM
    If you only wipe the device's data, it won't get rid of the IT policy. You would need to either follow the guide below, or wipe the OS clean off the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    11-17-08 04:55 PM
    Hi, I did use his IT policy removal steps. That is not my problem. But now that I've wiped my device and removed the IT policy, my Pearl asks me for a new password every approx. 4 days. And it has to be more than 4 letters (which was never an issue WITH the IT policy). Now too, I have found out that I cannot sync my Blackberry anymore on my PC. So evidently there are ups and downs to removing an IT Policy. Overall, I'm glad I did it but I have got to fix the sync'ing issue and the annoying new password changes every few days. Anyone have suggestions?
    11-25-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD