I just got the 8130, I have a hands free system in my car. When the Blackberry is linked to the handsfree, the volume on the blackberry automatically goes to 50% and I am unable to change the volume. With the volume on max on the handsfree, i can not hear conversations at high speeds.

On my old non smart phone, I had no problem hearing out of the same hands free and could adjust the volume on both the phone and the handsfree.
    02-26-08 01:42 PM
    I just got the 8130, I have a hands free system in my car. When the Blackberry is linked to the handsfree, the volume on the blackberry automatically goes to 50% and I am unable to change the volume. With the volume on max on the handsfree, i can not hear conversations at high speeds.

On my old non smart phone, I had no problem hearing out of the same hands free and could adjust the volume on both the phone and the handsfree.
    I've got exactly the same problem. If you find an answer, PM me.
    02-26-08 08:14 PM
    Do you also increase the volume with the volume buttons on the right side of the BB? I find when I do that, the volume increases dramatically.
    02-27-08 01:02 AM
    When my BB is linked to my bluetooth headset, the volume button on the side of the blackberry is non responsive. The volume indicator on the BB's display is just stuck at 50% volume. That is the problem.

-Mike
    02-27-08 12:29 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull to reset the system and see if the volume will be responsive then?
    02-27-08 02:06 PM
    Yes, I just tried hard reset by taking the battery out. I also upgraded the software to the latest verizon version today .97 still same problem. The volume button works fine during a normal handset conversation or speakerphone. But when paired with two different bluetooth devices, the volume automatically adjusts from Max to 50% and the volume button is non responsive.

The volume outputted from the bluetooth devices when the volume control on the BT device is on max is significantly lower than it has been using previous non smartphones.

Any ideas? Can people adjust the volume from the BB when connected via BT?
    02-27-08 02:29 PM
    Any ideas? Can people adjust the volume from the BB when connected via BT?
    I can.

I admit when I connect the headset to the BB, the volume automatically goes down to 50%, but I can adjust it from the headset or the BB without any problems.
    02-27-08 02:36 PM
    Anyone else have any input on what might be the problem, both myself and another user seem to have this problem.

-Mike
    02-28-08 01:55 AM
    I have exactly the same problem..i had a Nokia CK-7W car kit for my Nokia..worked fine until I got my BB..only stays on 50% volume..and BB wont support it or give me any advice..
    02-29-08 11:24 AM
    Same problem here as well. 8130 on the Sprint network. When linked to the car, volume at 50% and unchangable...
    03-01-08 12:43 AM
    Same problem here. I can adjust the volume on my phone when connected to the plantronics 510 and a jawbone I was trying out, but not when connected to the SoundID SM100. It sits halfway up and will not move. I am new to blackberry, but it seems very hard to contact them for support. Is this true?

Has anyone figured this out? Seems to be only certain headsets that cause this. Kind of dissapointing this is happening and your selection of headset is based on this.
    Last edited by mjs31; 03-21-08 at 09:07 PM.
    03-21-08 09:03 PM
    I have the Plantronics 510 and I don't have any of these problems. I don't know why, but I can adjust the volume from the headset & the BB directly. *knock wood*
    03-22-08 02:46 AM
    Yea when I hook up my jabra bt 150 it goes down to 50% but I can adjust it from the pearl maybe you have a lock on volume in your options or something just throwing ideas out there.
    03-22-08 10:42 AM
    I have the Plantronics 510 and I don't have any of these problems. I don't know why, but I can adjust the volume from the headset & the BB directly. *knock wood*
    Yeah...I have the 510 as well and it does not have the issue. I was trying out the SoundID SM100 and it did have the issue. I also tried out the Jawbone and it it did not have the issue. Looks like only certain devices cause this.
    03-22-08 11:06 AM
    I brought my phone over to Verizon, and tech saw my problem, ordered me a new phone fedex express. I did not think it was going to fix the problem, and sure enough same problem with the new phone.
    It pisses me off that I can not use my expensive bluetooth car kit with this amazing technologically advanced phone while driving at high speeds the wind noise is too overbearing to hear, but my old crappy motorola flip phone was fine.
    I assume certain bluetooth headsets work fine, depending on how the Software recognizes it, maybe somethig to do with the list of "services" under the device properties in the bluetooth, I dont know. But definately something that needs to be fixed.
    03-28-08 12:21 AM
    Here it is, May 1, and I see no fix for this issue. I'm using an 8130 with an SM100, and I have the same problem--50% volume, can't adjust it.

Up until two days ago I was using my old reliable motorola earpiece and it worked great.

Still no answers?
    05-01-08 03:24 PM
    Here it is, May 1, and I see no fix for this issue. I'm using an 8130 with an SM100, and I have the same problem--50% volume, can't adjust it.

Up until two days ago I was using my old reliable motorola earpiece and it worked great.

Still no answers?
    Turns out this is a known non-issue (according to RIM). Apparently they've hard-coded the default volume when connected via bluetooth. Why they'd hard-code the volume level rather than allow adjustment doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but hey....

Since some people are able to adjust my guess is the type of headset profile they are using is different (e.g. handsfree as opposed to headset, etc).

As you've discovered this is a problem for me. I've got mine paired to my car kit (a very expensive one at that) and unfortunately at highway speeds it's pretty much unuseable.
    05-03-08 02:16 PM
    Turns out this is a known non-issue (according to RIM). Apparently they've hard-coded the default volume when connected via bluetooth. Why they'd hard-code the volume level rather than allow adjustment doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but hey....

Since some people are able to adjust my guess is the type of headset profile they are using is different (e.g. handsfree as opposed to headset, etc).

As you've discovered this is a problem for me. I've got mine paired to my car kit (a very expensive one at that) and unfortunately at highway speeds it's pretty much unuseable.
    My BT devices default to 50% each time I use them. However, I am able to max them out using the controls on the BT device or on the BB.
    btw-they are the Samsung WEP200 headset, and a Motorola T305 car speakerphone.
    05-03-08 02:28 PM
    jguidera, by "known non-issue" you mean they know but have no intension of addressing the issue? i wonder how the various blue-tooth device providers feel about that.

as i said, my old and reliable motorola H700 worked like a charm. the only reason I started using the SM100 was because I lost my Motorola. I just bought another H700. If they ever fix the issue. i can use my SM100.
    05-03-08 04:34 PM
    here is the answer I received from Blackberry second level support

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

I have looked into this issue further and have found that this functionality is by design.

The reason for this is that our BlackBerry Smartphone�s and certain Bluetooth headsets, car kits or other Bluetooth devices each have their own, independent volume controls, and as such do not exchange volume levels with each other. This information has also been confirmed with our development team.

The complete list of our supported Bluetooth devices (which have been tested) can be found at the following link:

(sorry will not let me post the link)

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.
    02-25-09 12:00 PM
    here is the detail of the link
    Supported Bluetooth headsets and car kits for BlackBerry smartphones
    Doc ID : KB04009
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* BlackBerry� smartphones with Bluetooth� wireless technology
    * BlackBerry� Device Software 4.0 and later

Note: For information on which BlackBerry smartphones are compatible with Bluetooth wireless technology, see KB03389.

Overview

Important: Research In Motion (RIM) cannot guarantee that any third-party Bluetooth accessory will work with a BlackBerry smartphone enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology.

RIM is in the process of expanding the list of compatible Bluetooth headsets and car kits. Bluetooth accessories not listed in this article may work with BlackBerry smartphones enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology, but RIM has yet to test them. If you experience difficulty using a Bluetooth accessory, contact your service provider for assistance. BlackBerry� Technical Support Services subscribers may contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team directly. If your accessory is not compatible with a BlackBerry smartphone enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology, steps will be taken to rectify this incompatibility wherever possible.
    Headsets

Here is a list of Bluetooth headsets known to work with BlackBerry smartphones:

* Flamingo� Bluetooth Headset *
    * Jabra� BT250v
    * Jabra JX10
    * Jabra BT125
    * Logitech� Mobile Pro� Headset
    * Motorola� Bluetooth Headset H500 **
    * Motorola Bluetooth Headset HS820
    * Motorola Bluetooth Headset HS850
    * nXZEN� 5000
    * Plantronics M3000 Bluetooth Headset
    * Plantronics Discovery� 640 Bluetooth Headset
    * Plantronics Explorer� 320 Bluetooth Headset
    * Plantronics Voyager� 510 Bluetooth Headset
    * scala-500� ***
    * Sony� Ericsson� Akono� Bluetooth Headset HBH-602

* Three-way calling features on the Flamingo Bluetooth Headset are not supported.

** For more information regarding the Motorola headset, see the Additional Information section in this article.

*** The audio transfer function on the scala-500 is not fully supported.
    Previously Tested Headsets

Here is a list of Bluetooth headsets that have worked with BlackBerry smartphones in the past.

* Logitech Mobile Freedom�
    * Plantronics M2500

Car Kits

Here is a list of Bluetooth car kits known to work with BlackBerry smartphones:
    Brand Manufacturer-installed car kit vendor
    Acura HandsFreeLink� car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
    Audi

Integrated car kit used in 2006 Audi vehicles with Bluetooth technology

For information on Address Book integration, see KB04714.

Note: When a BlackBerry smartphone is paired with a 2005 Audi car kit, the car kit might randomly emit a false ring tone. For more information, see KB04837.
    BMW

Dealer-installed optional car kit from Visteon Corporation

All factory-installed car kits (BMW Assist package)

For information on Address Book integration, see KB04714.
    Cadillac Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation
    Chrysler UConnect car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
    Dodge UConnect car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
    Ford MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics
    Honda HandsFreeLink car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
    Jeep UConnect� car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
    Land Rover Integrated car kit used in Landrover vehicles with Bluetooth technology
    Lexus Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation
    Lincoln MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics
    Mercury MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics
    Toyota Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation

Aftermarket Car Kits

The mr Handsfree� Blue Vision car kit is a supported aftermarket Bluetooth car kit. However, the ability to reject an incoming call using the Reject button is not supported. Other supported aftermarket Bluetooth car kits are available through Bury Technologies.

Additional Information

Transferring audio between the Motorola Bluetooth Headset H500 and the BlackBerry smartphone can be done from the BlackBerry smartphone, but not from the headset. For more information, see KB04724.

BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 and later support Address Book integration with compatible Bluetooth car kits. For more information, see KB04714.
    02-25-09 12:22 PM
    thanks for the info, unfortunetly I had bought this nice Aqua Snake handsfree for the car, it attaches to the drivers headrest, was really nice, but I can't hear anything on the highway with the BB and don't use it, other cell phones work just fine, not sure why they only have a perferred list, kind of blows.
    02-25-09 03:34 PM
    Was a fix for this ever released? I'm using a Bold 9000 V4.6.0.167. And the volume is to low for both a jawbone bluetooth and in my Mercedes stock radio.

If anyone knows how to fix this much appreciated.

Thanks, Doug
    10-25-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD