I purchased a bluetooth dongle that fits into my PC's USB port. Installed the Bluesoil software that came with the dongle and was able to pair my PC and Pearl phone. Bluesoil software does not fully support Blackberry phones. I was unable to sync my Outlook contacts. (I've been syncing for a while using the Pearl data cable and RIM's desktop manager software.)
    I uninstalled Bluesoil and tried to use RIM's Desktop Mngr software. Again I was able to pair my PC and phone, but received an error message about not having a "connector"
    I've been unable to find any useful information about changing Windows settings. (I did run the Bluetooth wizard sucessfully, but the problem persists.)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    08-07-08 01:10 PM
    I had the exact same problem. Desktop Manager does not recognize your blutooth dongle because of the bluesoleil application. You have to trick windows xp into thinking your dongle is supported and install the native xp drivers instead of the bluesoleil ones. There was a how to on the net but lost the link. I'll try to find it for you
    08-07-08 06:22 PM
    I don't know if it is legal or not, I would not want to break the forum rule about legal stuff (h t t p : / /forums.crackberry.com/f39/posting-rules-guidelines-113/) but you can follow the instructions on that page: h t t p : / / not.hellalame.com/bluetooth.htm Using the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack (instead of WIDCOMM) on Windows XP w/ SP2. It will tell windows to use it's own drivers (make sure you uninstall bluesoleil first!), after which Blackberry Desktop software will let you use the bluetooth functionnality. It worked for me!

ps: sorry for the spaces I know I'm not supposed to post links before 10 posts but I'm just trying to help.

I have read many posts since my subscription and gotten many answers. Now that I can help in return, I do it.

you gotta love the crack!
    08-07-08 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the comments, but I'm still having the same trouble after attempting the changes overviewed in the hellalame link. I'm not sure I followed the information completely as it seemed a bit sketchy to me.
    I opened the bth.inf file. I added the following line of text:

"Generic USB Bluetooth Adapter= BthUsb, USB/Vid_0a12&Pid_0001"

The Pid information was copied from the device manager under the "Bluetooth Radios". I could not find any devices under USB controllers section or any other section. Although I had installed the Bluesoil software and assuming the WIDCOMM drivers, I could find no "MSI USB Bluetooth Device" to delete.

I have the bluetooth icon in my status bar, and am able to pair the PC and the phone. My only problem is when RIM's BB desktop manager tries to sync my address book I get that connector error problem.

SUCCESS!!! I just ran the DM's sync feature again -trying to get more specific information on the connector error- and it sync'd correctly. I do not know what I did bewteen the last 2 times I tried to sync, but the changes I made above seemed to work. I thought it better to leave the above details since they seemed to have worked.

I think I may have clicked on the "Generic Bluetooth" listing under "Bluetooth Radios" in the device manager. I selected "uninstall", then let windows reinstall drivers for the hardware.

I hope this is helpful for others in the future. Thx for the link!
    08-08-08 03:34 PM
    After sending my last post I tried to sync again and it failed! Then I realized I had shut down Outlook. I had since restarted Outlook. So I shut Outlook down and ran the sync again and it worked. Apparently the sync operation can not be performed while Outlook is running????
    If you have any information regarding settings that would allow the sync to take place while Outlook is active, please let me know.
    08-08-08 04:18 PM
    Outlook was not running, a link was established between the PC and my phone. RIM's DM began syncronization and everything was fine until it came to the adress book. I got the "connector" error message.
    I am totally at a loss for how to fix this problem at this point.
    08-09-08 12:02 PM
    me and u both hope someone can find a fix for this
    10-24-08 01:36 AM
    Fantastic.. was pulling my hair out until I came across this. Finally have BT working with my BB9K.
    10-31-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD