Hi all,

Just wanted to post my experience and problem I've had with my phone hitting a reboot loop when I had wifi turned on. I have a Pearl 8120, and a Linksys WRT600N Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router. I followed the wifi setup guide I found in these forums (which is great BTW).

First on my router I had to setup my 2.4 GHz wireless profile as follows:
    Network Mode = wireless B only (because flipping channels doesn't work well)
    Radio Band = 20 MHz
    Wide Channel = auto
    Standard Channel = 8 - 2.447GHz
    (because 1 & 11 are common, and neighbors on the same channels can interfere with your signal)
    SSID Broadcast = Enabled

I then setup my phone to hit this wireless SSID (profile) on my router. This worked for a while but wifi/UMA would drop sporadically.

I then had my phone start hitting the 'reboot loop' whenever I was home and my phone had wifi turned on. I had added my iPod Touch to this same wireless profile SSID about the same time this started. This did not happen on other wireless networks, or away from home. So I knew it had to be my router. I found a posting on these forums that suggested updating my router's firmware. So I did, went out the manufacture's site downloaded the firmware update, and followed their instructions to install it.

Once I installed the update, all is well in my 8120's wireless world!

Here's a recap of what I did:

First on my router:
    - 2.4 GHz wireless profile
    - Network Mode = wireless B only
    - Radio Band = 20 MHz
    - Wide Channel = auto
    - Standard Channel = 8 - 2.447GHz
    - SSID Broadcast = Enabled

- update router with latest firmware update per manufacture's site

Good luck all!
    01-14-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD