[QUOTE]
    BlackBerry (BBRY -2.6%) is giving up some more of its recent gains after Bloomberg and contacted analysts suggest the company's phone business is "essentially worthless," and that BlackBerry's other assets (patents, BES, the network operations centers, cash/investments) are only worth ~$5B (current market cap is $5.3B).
    Fund manager Brian Huen: "Nobody is interested in buying the entire entity. I think they are now in the phase of saying, ?We will do anything to maximize value, including breaking up the company.'"
    Canaccord: "The most logical acquirer of BlackBerry would likely attempt to transition BlackBerry?s subscriber base to its own competing smartphone products" BMO thinks it would cost a buyer $800M to shut down BlackBerry's phone unit.
    However, much of the buyout speculation thus far hasn't involved a rival OEM, but Prem Watsa and his reported efforts to talk to both P-E firms and "industry players" about a bid.
    Pac Crest recently suggested BlackBerry's purchase commitments will limit the size of any bid.
    [QUOTE]

I think for company who have enough cash, that blackberry have a real potential to become the third phone company in the world, but it seems that no one see this too, or is this just a strategy to lower the value and buy the company next to nothing...??

That do you think ?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:04 AM
    Vultures out in full force this morning!

Sad but true.

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-21-13 10:07 AM
    Crackberry shut down every factual criticism. With such uncertainty, who will buy a next BlackBerry phone???? I would not if I haven't already got z10 2 mths ago. Would you?

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=12fa-25d2

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:15 AM
    This is business, no mistake is allowed...

I'm french, so sorry for my bad English :-)
    08-21-13 10:21 AM
    Please feel free to add to the discussion in the existing thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...reakup-841488/

Thank you.
    08-21-13 10:23 AM