The voice of reason. BB's time to get it right has long since passed. At some point you need to realize that BB is dead.New phones are behind the curve, BB10 is a great OS but it's not supported by any developers, Their latest Hail Mary is also a dud. Sorry guys, this company has gone the way of the Dodo bird.
    I agree that BB10 is likely dead. I'm assuming the Hail Mary is the Priv? If so there isn't sufficient data yet to determine whether it's a dud or not. All we have at this point is wild speculation on what might happen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 01:22 AM
    I agree that BB10 is likely dead. I'm assuming the Hail Mary is the Priv? If so there isn't sufficient data yet to determine whether it's a dud or not. All we have at this point is wild speculation on what might happen.

You're overly optimistic! If the Priv was doing really well we would have heard about the great pre order numbers and of course, the all important first week numbers. Blackberry was ruined 8 years ago. They fell so far behind the curve that getting to the front had to be done on the first new product that was released. I owned a Z10 and it was a sorry excuse for the product that was to save the company. Technology waits for no one. we have all watched 8 years of failure. One failure after another. It's been 8 years. It's time to accept one thing, Blackberry will never be a success again. Even after they whored themselves to Android, nothing.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    12-20-15 03:15 AM
    You're overly optimistic! If the Priv was doing really well we would have heard about the great pre order numbers and of course, the all important first week numbers. Blackberry was ruined 8 years ago. They fell so far behind the curve that getting to the front had to be done on the first new product that was released. I owned a Z10 and it was a sorry excuse for the product that was to save the company. Technology waits for no one. we have all watched 8 years of failure. One failure after another. It's been 8 years. It's time to accept one thing, Blackberry will never be a success again. Even after they whored themselves to Android, nothing.
    I'm overly optimistic by the same measure you are pessimistic.

You are correct. I'm a glass half full guy until the data says otherwise. Currently there is insufficient data to make an intelligent decision on the Priv. I don't trust my emotions, they mislead, so will yours.

Last edited by paulbbp; 12-20-15 at 06:55 AM.
    12-20-15 06:09 AM
    There's no need to lie to ourselves. Unfortunately the PRIV won't sell any better than the other BlackBerry devices.

There's a small, hard loving community and BlackBerry fan base, that buys every device coming out no matter the price!
    But BlackBerry doesn't really gain market share!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 06:55 AM
    I'm just a numbers guy, once I see a full quarter of sales, then I can make a decision

BlackBerry as a company will be successful. We need to wait one more quarter to determine if they have seen success in the handset business.

Our choice is to make decisions based on emotion or wait until the next quarter to analyze data.

12-20-15 07:04 AM
    Without the loyalists, they have nothing.
    Sad, but true. That being said, the Priv will look very nice displayed between the PlayBook and Storm in the BlackBerry Museum.
    12-20-15 07:45 AM
    Sad, but true. That being said, the Priv will look very nice displayed between the PlayBook and Storm in the BlackBerry Museum.
    Cold.

The BlackBerry Guy
    12-20-15 08:07 AM
    They seem to repeat their mistakes over and over again. I remember when they announced the Priv as Venice with specs that we could only dream of. Then when Blackdroid was announced it was said to have Android M out of the box especially made by team BB for security reasons. They keep falling short on their promises. The reason why I'll never own a blackdroid is that I know I can get better specs. with BB10 I was in it for the OS.
    lift likes this.
    12-20-15 08:33 AM
    Just wondering how many people here work for BlackBerry and/or are paid BlackBerry reps?

How many people (other than myself) really like BlackBerry? Some people love to complain.

I would like to get a Passport. However, I still want an all touch BB10 device. Z30 possibly or maybe some newer all touch device to replace my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    lift likes this.
    12-20-15 09:14 AM
    I'm overly optimistic by the same measure you are pessimistic.

You are correct. I'm a glass half full guy until the data says otherwise. Currently there is insufficient data to make an intelligent decision on the Priv. I don't trust my emotions, they mislead, so will yours.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Look at a graph showing Blackberry from 2005 up to today. It tells a story of a business that will fail in the device market for sure but likely will fail all together. The data does show this. You just dont want to see it. You're not alone, hell, even the Android haters jumped on the bandwagon when BB sold out it OS.
    12-20-15 11:22 AM
    I'm just a numbers guy, once I see a full quarter of sales, then I can make a decision

BlackBerry as a company will be successful. We need to wait one more quarter to determine if they have seen success in the handset business.

Our choice is to make decisions based on emotion or wait until the next quarter to analyze data.

Yep, just one more quarter. I suspect you say this every 3 months and have been since about 2009. Sales are slipping every quarter and this company has no real plan to stop it. Knowing that the public wants High end ALL TOUCH devices, perhaps thats what you should bring to the table. Ya'll can argue I'm wrong but, falling numbers and returns back me up
    12-20-15 11:26 AM
    No doubt BlackBerry has established a pattern of poor decisions. Strange device sizes, under powered and BB10.

The Priv is a step in the right direction. Everyone at my IT office use to laugh at my BlackBerry devices. Two people at my office have now purchased Priv 's. The rest are impressed.

The two converts and me are very pleased with the Priv.

Last edited by paulbbp; 12-20-15 at 01:37 PM.
    12-20-15 12:44 PM
    Yep, just one more quarter. I suspect you say this every 3 months and have been since about 2009. Sales are slipping every quarter and this company has no real plan to stop it. Knowing that the public wants High end ALL TOUCH devices, perhaps thats what you should bring to the table. Ya'll can argue I'm wrong but, falling numbers and returns back me up
    Just curious, what is your measurement for determining that Priv has failed? Keep these factors in mind:

1) The US rollout is not complete, 1 or more carriers to go

2) The global rollout out is not complete

3) Hardly 30 days worth of sales on an incomplete rollout.

If BlackBerry profits were driven by drama and speculation from this forum it would be a trillion dollar company.

12-20-15 01:34 PM
    Just curious, what is your measurement for determining that Priv has failed? Keep these factors in mind:

1) The US rollout is not complete, 1 or more carriers to go

2) The global rollout out is not complete

3) Hardly 30 days worth of sales on an incomplete rollout.

If BlackBerry profits were driven by drama and speculation from this forum it would be a trillion dollar company.

Again, I'll go back to what I originally said. If the Priv was doing really good, Lets just settle for moderate sales, really good is a pipe dream. If the sales were moderate we would have heard something somewhere. After almost a decade of declining everything (from Blackberry) You want to believe that this sub standard device is some sort of savior. I'm not the only one who see's that and you're not the only one with that view. The world has walked away from BB. Even the tech community has walked away. But hey, You and your two co workers, knock yourselves out on the new Priv by Android. This device isn't even a real BB. It's a hybrid and that says that BB doesn't even believe in themselves anymore. At every crossroad this comp[any has chosen the wrong road. Quarterly meetings and earnings reports prove that. Again, you can hold onto this pipe dream forever. I was a loyal BB fan but at some point you just need to get with the mainstream. If developers are not on board then you will fail. It snowballs and it will not be able to turn around...
    dolco and lift like this.
    12-20-15 02:18 PM
    It's easy to assume. I will just wait on the quarterly numbers. They may say the Priv is a compete failure. Its also possible it will exceed expectations. I made a lot of money on Friday, hope to see a repeat.

Last edited by paulbbp; 12-20-15 at 03:22 PM.
    12-20-15 02:29 PM
    Less than ever before. ASP was $315 up from $240.

Bye bye smartphone division.
    Um, you do realize that Priv sales are not part of this 700,000? This earnings report is for the quarter before the one with the Priv launch. The next reported quarter will include the first Priv sales.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 02:49 PM
    at some point you just need to get with the mainstream. If developers are not on board then you will fail. It snowballs and it will not be able to turn around...
    Good point and that's what Android does. Priv is a mainstream product with large app store access. Admittedly it's not a product That appeals to a large portion of the 1%

12-20-15 03:32 PM
    Um, you do realize that Priv sales are not part of this 700,000? This earnings report is for the quarter before the one with the Priv launch. The next reported quarter will include the first Priv sales.

Posted via CB10
    Priv sales are included in those 700,000 because Priv was released 1 month before end of 3Q FY2016.
    12-20-15 03:46 PM
    The Priv is like a mini-Storm
    12-20-15 08:29 PM
    The Priv is like a mini-Storm
    I have no experience with the storm; only seen pictures. What are the hardware and software similarities?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-20-15 08:37 PM
    "How many people (other than myself) really like BlackBerry? Some people love to complain."

Well, speaking only for myself, I like BlackBerry and don't know what I could possibly buy if they get out of the handset business. I hate Apple products, never liked any of them, won't use an iPhone if it's the last device on earth. I like just about everything about the Q10 (had a BlackBerry Curve before) and am wondering if I should buy another one while they are still to be had and hope I can use them for the next few years. All-touch screens are everywhere, they are exactly what I do NOT want and can't use (end up typing giibberish, and if I have to painfully use a stylus for every letter I might as well forget about using a phone for messaging and wait till I get home).

What else is there out there for dedicated PKB users? Nothing, so far as I can tell.
    12-20-15 09:42 PM
    "How many people (other than myself) really like BlackBerry? Some people love to complain."

Well, speaking only for myself, I like BlackBerry and don't know what I could possibly buy if they get out of the handset business. I hate Apple products, never liked any of them, won't use an iPhone if it's the last device on earth. I like just about everything about the Q10 (had a BlackBerry Curve before) and am wondering if I should buy another one while they are still to be had and hope I can use them for the next few years. All-touch screens are everywhere, they are exactly what I do NOT want and can't use (end up typing giibberish, and if I have to painfully use a stylus for every letter I might as well forget about using a phone for messaging and wait till I get home).

What else is there out there for dedicated PKB users? Nothing, so far as I can tell.

I like BlackBerry also. For me it's more about the hardware. I like BB10 but prefer Android if given a choice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-20-15 10:00 PM
    In case anyone missed it, here's a news flash: Blackberry is transitioning into a software company. Continually focusing on handset sales as some harbringer of things to come is like continually looking at IBM as a typewriter and PC company.

<snip>

Change is difficult - but it's time to accept it.
    When does IBM plan to stop selling typewriters?

I've been saving to upgrade my Executive series with a Selectric, the one with replaceable typeballs but I may rethink my investment if you don't think they'll be supported down the road. I would hate to buy another dot matrix fiasco... Got a new one last year and can't find a USB adapter...

It's not that I don't like change, I just believe in solid investments...
    lift likes this.
    12-20-15 11:12 PM
    When does IBM plan to stop selling typewriters?

I've been saving to upgrade my Executive series with a Selectric, the one with replaceable typeballs but I may rethink my investment if you don't think they'll be supported down the road. I would hate to buy another dot matrix fiasco... Got a new one last year and can't find a USB adapter...

It's not that I don't like change, I just believe in solid investments...
    Off topic, but (in my youth!) I remember when our typing pool had all their typewriters replaced by PC's running some kind of word-processor. It wasn't a popular move, and the new technology was viewed with great suspicion.

It didn't last... All of our typists, now freed from the limitations of a mechanical mechanism started achieving unbelievable typing speeds - they were delighted, especially as many of the secretarial jobs at the time gave cash bonuses and higher salaries for higher words-per-minute typists.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-21-15 01:12 AM
    You're wrong.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12161690
    lift likes this.
    12-21-15 04:16 AM
128 12345 ...