Oh. Blend is easily accessible through many available apps. And Nova launcher has gesture mode.
    I understand that there are lots of apps that can be installed on Android devices. I have had Android tablets. But I much prefer built in OS functionality to adding a bunch of 3rd party apps from developers I don't know and trust.

I work in health care, and I will not open my company up to potential risks with apps like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 01:15 PM
    Stowa Antea KS or Nomos with numbers on all indices? Nice!!

This thread is very much subjective but I fear there are questions and answers without actual use of a device. I'm used to Crackberry and Palm forums where the discussion centers around version numbers down to the release, but the back and forth here is too general to be taken seriously.

Even experienced BB10 users have expressed there is no real Peak and Flow in the Priv's hub and no app download to accomplish the same.

I used and Android Lolipop and found swipe-down and got into settings. I can say it is not as polished, but it is there.

Posted via CB10
    Stowa Antea BTB. Good eyes!
    05-04-16 03:27 PM
    I understand that there are lots of apps that can be installed on Android devices. I have had Android tablets. But I much prefer built in OS functionality to adding a bunch of 3rd party apps from developers I don't know and trust.

I work in health care, and I will not open my company up to potential risks with apps like that.

Posted via CB10
    Ok well simply download from developers u know then it's not that hard. And the malware thing is overblown. Android isn't barebone as people think.
    05-04-16 07:40 PM
    Ok well simply download from developers u know then it's not that hard. And the malware thing is overblown. Android isn't barebone as people think.
    That's fine for consumers, but many of those apps require access to files on my phone to work, and I can't give them those permissions, because of agreements I've signed with my clients not to allow access to their data to third parties.

It doesn't matter whether I know and trust the developers. My clients would need to approve them too, and that's not going to happen.

I understand that lots of users like to choose the apps for their phones themselves, and that's fine for their personal data, but we would terminate any employee who exposed client data to a third party without prior testing and approval.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 11:59 PM
    Hmmmm.
    05-05-16 12:21 AM
    (1) the Hub makes the entire email function more centralized and easier to work with when having multiple accounts.
    (2) when viewing attachments, the screen dimensions of the Passport is much better.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    05-05-16 07:34 AM
    That's fine for consumers, but many of those apps require access to files on my phone to work, and I can't give them those permissions, because of agreements I've signed with my clients not to allow access to their data to third parties.

It doesn't matter whether I know and trust the developers. My clients would need to approve them too, and that's not going to happen.

I understand that lots of users like to choose the apps for their phones themselves, and that's fine for their personal data, but we would terminate any employee who exposed client data to a third party without prior testing and approval.

Posted via CB10
    But you still trust the OS manufacturer with those files, because you have no choice. In theory (I am not saying it actually happens), BB can have access to the files on your phone. You can make the same case for any OS (mobile or for desktop) or even your email server. A better way to say this is that you want to limit the number of third partys that can access your files.
    05-05-16 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Big difference between personal phones and business phones. I agree.
    05-05-16 10:47 AM
    But you still trust the OS manufacturer with those files, because you have no choice. In theory (I am not saying it actually happens), BB can have access to the files on your phone. You can make the same case for any OS (mobile or for desktop) or even your email server. A better way to say this is that you want to limit the number of third partys that can access your files.
    That's right, but there's a reason that more companies have historically excluded Android compared to BlackBerry and Apple. I think Android is improving, especially with Marshmallow and it's granular permissions. But until Android has better native handling of core functions, instead of relying on Third party apps for those, I'll take a pass.

As far as trusting the OS manufacturer, I agree. That's why companies like Microsoft and BlackBerry are trusted by my clients, because of their long track record protecting enterprise data.
    Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:03 PM
209 ... 789