Trust me there isn't anything that any blackberry can do that the s7 can't.
    All swipes navigation?
    Pinch to filter?
    Swipe 'n Peek?

All open and running apps on the home screen?

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-03-16 12:46 AM
    Also not true smh. Settings-mobile hotspot. Is all u have to press to set up Hotspot. Also if I want I can put an Hotspot widget right on any home screen I choose and just press one button for Hotspot try again.
    OOTB?

None of the average Joe users that asked me for help were able to find "Tethering and portable Hotspot" where they expected it...

But that's OK. Make$ for a nice tip here and there... :-)

Greenghost likes this.
    05-03-16 12:50 AM
    All swipes navigation?
    Pinch to filter?
    Swipe 'n Peek?

All open and running apps on the home screen?

:-)

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    And yes.
    05-03-16 12:00 PM
    OOTB?

None of the average Joe users that asked me for help were able to find "Tethering and portable Hotspot" where they expected it...

But that's OK. Make$ for a nice tip here and there... :-)

Then I suggest they purchase an iPhone then lol.
    05-03-16 12:02 PM
    Most devices can get the job done, just in different ways. Titles like this are unnecessary.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, cribble2k and TGR1 like this.
    05-03-16 12:55 PM
    Most devices can get the job done, just in different ways. Titles like this are unnecessary.
    Threads like this were fine when I first came to CrackBerry... as BlackBerry owned the market and that silly iPhone couldn't cut/past or even email worth a darn. And Android was the buggiest OS around....

But it's almost nine years later and saying my BlackBerry "trashes".... just ring a little hollow.

Just like there are still those happy with their 9900, there will be Passport user four year from now saying it still gets the job done. And for them it very will might.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-03-16 01:26 PM
    Threads like this were fine when I first came to CrackBerry... as BlackBerry owned the market and that silly iPhone couldn't cut/past or even email worth a darn. And Android was the buggiest OS around....

But it's almost nine years later and saying my BlackBerry "trashes".... just ring a little hollow.

Just like there are still those happy with their 9900, there will be Passport user four year from now saying it still gets the job done. And for them it very will might.
    Absolutely true. I believe people that say their Passport gets the job done. I also believe people that say their iPhone gets the job done. Seems pretty simple to understand.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-03-16 01:28 PM
    Absolutely true. I believe people that say their Passport gets the job done. I also believe people that say their iPhone gets the job done. Seems pretty simple to understand.
    I have talked to many professionals here in the auto industry about how they like their iPhone and Android devices compared to their older Blackberry devices.

Some of the older folks miss the PKB and faster email, but 90% of the folks who are the younger crowd say, who is Blackberry!!!
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-03-16 02:45 PM
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    And yes.
    Screen shot then...? :-D

05-03-16 03:53 PM
    Once again, you're speaking crap.

Swipe down from the top of the screen and press the hotspot icon.........try harder.
    Not on my wife's Droid. Motorola, so it's pretty much stock. Lollipop.
    Sammy & Co. might have realized this and customized.

:-D

05-03-16 03:55 PM
    Then I suggest they purchase an iPhone then lol.
    You might have a point there, haha! :-D

05-03-16 03:56 PM

I have a Moto G (2015). Lollipop. 2 finger swipe and its right there.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 05-03-16 at 05:12 PM.
    05-03-16 04:06 PM

If she has lollipop then yeah she can even on stock. Probably not default but u can easily add the function thru settings or download a widget app.
    05-03-16 04:40 PM
    Screen shot then...? :-D

Don't personally have the 7 yet but I do own a Samsung.
    05-03-16 04:41 PM
    I have both. The Passport has better battery life and is much better at emails.
    The S6 Edge is easier to carry around and has more App options.
    Both are excellent phones.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    miker476 and bh7171 like this.
    05-03-16 08:09 PM
    This whole thread is like saying " Hey the sun heats the earth "
    05-03-16 08:35 PM
    I have both. The Passport has better battery life and is much better at emails.
    The S6 Edge is easier to carry around and has more App options.
    Both are excellent phones.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    No bs bro but please explain to me what makes it better at emails?
    05-03-16 09:08 PM
    Stowa Antea KS or Nomos with numbers on all indices? Nice!!

This thread is very much subjective but I fear there are questions and answers without actual use of a device. I'm used to Crackberry and Palm forums where the discussion centers around version numbers down to the release, but the back and forth here is too general to be taken seriously.

Even experienced BB10 users have expressed there is no real Peak and Flow in the Priv's hub and no app download to accomplish the same.

I used and Android Lolipop and found swipe-down and got into settings. I can say it is not as polished, but it is there.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 09:17 PM
    Don't personally have the 7 yet but I do own a Samsung.
    What does owning a Samsung have to do with showing these things that no one here has seen on any Android device?
    Is it in stock Android or can someone download from Play store or show a screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 09:22 PM
    Trust me there isn't anything that any blackberry can do that the s7 can't.
    No Hub, No Flow, No Blend, No Way!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 09:28 PM
    It's plenty of hub like apps in the play store and some users even installed the BB one. But what is flow and blend?
    05-03-16 10:46 PM
    Flow means using BB's gestures so you never need to use a "home" button, and Blend allows you to share your phone desktop on your computer.

Android is great if you want to use a bunch of apps, but BB10 rules for integrated communications.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-03-16 11:06 PM
    I begrudgingly switched from my beloved Q10 to an S7 Edge. I'm bound to Sprint and the Q10 was the only BB10 phones they ever supported.

Plain and simple, I needed a larger screen. I would have gladly bought a Passport, but that wasn't an option.

I'm still cursing the loss of my physical keyboard, blend, and more integrated hub.

But there are so many things the S7 Edge does so well, I'm willing to compromise.

Which experience is better? Trick question, if you ask me. They're both amazing pieces of technology and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to use both!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the edge
    Uzi and TgeekB like this.
    05-03-16 11:20 PM
    I'm looking for a couple of critical features on Android, the Priv specifically. On BB10, my appointments display on top of everything else until I dismiss or snooze them (or custom snooze individually). This is critical so I don't forget what appointment I have next.

I have been unable to find a way to do that on Android (BB Priv). The Notifications on Android get easily forgotten.

When I have a missed call, I need to be able to press on it and send a text directly from there or open the person's contact, but can't seem to figure that one out.

Often when I read an email, then back out, I realize I need to mark it unread so that I take notice later when I get back to my desk. With BB10, I just touch the envelope quickly - or press and Mark Unread. With the Priv, I have to open it again, reach 2 miles to the top of the screen to the menu and mark it unread, then go back to the hub.

Not having %d (Short Date) in Word Substitution is a show stopper for me too.
    05-04-16 01:50 AM
    Flow means using BB's gestures so you never need to use a "home" button, and Blend allows you to share your phone desktop on your computer.

Android is great if you want to use a bunch of apps, but BB10 rules for integrated communications.

Posted via CB10
    Oh. Blend is easily accessible through many available apps. And Nova launcher has gesture mode.
    05-04-16 05:00 AM
209 ... 6789