Man... I want an S6 edge really badly, but I will never tolerate battery performance on the "Z10 level" again. I'm so happy with the battery on the Z30, that it's become the minimum battery life I'll accept going forward.

You don't realize how much having a great battery changes the whole experience of having a phone until you get one with a long battery life.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    The S6 edge is nowhere near as bad as the Z10 was on battery life.
    The S6 will get you through a day, but not much else.

If battery life is the comparison though my Sony Ericsson T65 lasted a week! Kicks the passport's *** in comparison :P

I jest, but the S6 Edge is a very good device. In many ways it is superior to the Passport.
    And in other ways the passport is superior.
    Comes down to works best for you as to what is the better device but in general terms I couldnt say the Passport wins out lol
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-23-15 12:17 PM
    I'll take my Z30 and Passport over the S6 and Note 5 or iPhone and iPhone Plus anytime and all day! (I could care less what the masses choose) For those that have not held or used an S6 I implore you to do so. In my opinion the S6 feels cheap compared to my Z30 and dare I say too light. I used the device and it transitions nicely but so does my Z30. Email and communications is not even remotely close. Same for the iPhone. The iPhone actually felt less premium than the S6 and that's not saying much. It is no wonder they are making the 6s thicker, but (why is beyond me) with a smaller battery. What I found in my hands on review with several current flagship devices is that marketing works and works well. It's 100 percent BlackBerry's #1 issue. Had they effectively marketed the app issue would be different as would device sales!!!

Z30 wickedness
    09-23-15 01:47 PM
    While the Z30 has a solid feel i wouldnt call it premium over the S6

The S6 definitely feels premium

I'd say the Z30 feels dependable in that its a solid build
    09-23-15 02:56 PM
    While the Z30 has a solid feel i wouldnt call it premium over the S6

The S6 definitely feels premium

I'd say the Z30 feels dependable in that its a solid build
    I agree. Depends on how you interpret premium. Solid can be premium, especially with technology. Very fragile or highly designed stuff can also be considered premium sometimes.

For me the edges were too much. It was just not comfortable and and overall too small. Still a kind of premium feel.

To a totally different story...it's funny to see this thread...today, I installed a Samsung Galaxy S5 and used it for some time. It was my first deeper Android encounter after some years.

To come to an end, I was BAFFLED at how bad and ugly this OS is and the fact that it is one of the most sold phones in the world. I was so happy to get back to my Q5 (from an prior flagship to a Q5!!!). I will be even more happy when I have repaired my Passport...crazy that people can enjoy the experience of a Samsung Galaxy phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:27 PM
    I agree. Depends on how you interpret premium. Solid can be premium, especially with technology. Very fragile or highly designed stuff can also be considered premium sometimes.

For me the edges were too much. It was just not comfortable and and overall too small. Still a kind of premium feel.

To a totally different story...it's funny to see this thread...today, I installed a Samsung Galaxy S5 and used it for some time. It was my first deeper Android encounter after some years.

To come to an end, I was BAFFLED at how bad and ugly this OS is and the fact that it is one of the most sold phones in the world. I was so happy to get back to my Q5 (from an prior flagship to a Q5!!!). I will be even more happy when I have repaired my Passport...crazy that people can enjoy the experience of a Samsung Galaxy phone.

Posted via CB10
    Touchwiz was awul pre S6
    Still isnt great but is better with the S6.

I agree with your edge assesment, not very comfortable to hold and i do question the use of glass as the material of choice.
    Looks and feels nice, but is too slippery for a device that you cant really hold firmly anyway.
    My other half loves it though.

Yeah if the S5 was your first Android experience then the good news is that it will only get better from there lol
    09-23-15 03:32 PM
    Touchwiz was awul pre S6
    Still isnt great but is better with the S6....

Yeah if the S5 was your first Android experience then the good news is that it will only get better from there lol
    Yes, the S6 series is great overall. The first Galaxy that feels like a highend phone. Software is just personal preference I guess. Still crazy to me how someone would pick that over a BB10 phone.
    09-23-15 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    And I'm sure people are baffled as well that you like Q5 and Passport. Q5 is not even a phone worth mentioning
    Greenghost and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-23-15 04:13 PM
    iPhone disagrees with you. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    Those people who couldn't get their photos off the iPhone because they couldn't unlock it, or couldn't connect iTunes because of a broken touchscreen or some other fault...

DON'T disagree... :-D

(not a single one I met)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-23-15 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most Android menus are a convoluted mess. A lot of people I met don't know how to find the menu to set up (and turn on) the hotspot... because it's buried several layers deep in the settings menu... (which on some phones needs to be found in the app drawer first!)

:-D

One swipe down, and voil�! Thanks, BlackBerry.

09-23-15 04:38 PM
    And I'm sure people are baffled as well that you like Q5 and Passport. Q5 is not even a phone worth mentioning
    I know! That makes this whole experience on earth so worthwhile. Trying to understand and learn from people, things, situations, moments and than come up with your own beliefs and feelings.

The Q5 is worth it
    It tries so hard! And gets the job done almost flawlessly...
    09-23-15 04:41 PM
    Most Android menus are a convoluted mess. A lot of people I met don't know how to find the menu to set up (and turn on) the hotspot... because it's buried several layers deep in the settings menu... (which on some phones needs to be found in the app drawer first!)

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    I'm not sure what you've been using but doesnt sound like any android i know!
    perhaps windows? :P
    09-23-15 04:46 PM
    I know! That makes this whole experience on earth so worthwhile. Trying to understand and learn from people, things, situations, moments and than come up with your own beliefs and feelings.

The Q5 is worth it
    The Q5 should have been the Curve 8520 for BB10
    Instead they decided to overprice it and milk it
    09-23-15 04:47 PM
    The Q5 should have been the Curve 8520 for BB10
    Instead they decided to overprice it and milk it
    It's cheap now! I bought two. Just to be sure to always have a good backup phone.
    09-23-15 05:02 PM

The Q5 is worth it
    Not for reading. 80% of my phone use is looking at data and tables. Navigating around a puny Low res screen won't cut it. Even for entertainment Q5 will come up short
    09-23-15 05:11 PM
    Those people who couldn't get their photos off the iPhone because they couldn't unlock it, or couldn't connect iTunes because of a broken touchscreen or some other fault...

DON'T disagree... :-D

(not a single one I met)

Hmmm... You may have a point there but I was responding to your "Keyboards and SDcards shall prevail" statement. That's kinda segway-ing to a different situation.
    09-23-15 05:32 PM
    I'm one of those people lol. Both them phones are pure trash compared to any Samsung Galaxy phone made period.
    10-28-15 10:47 AM

Also not true smh. Settings-mobile hotspot. Is all u have to press to set up Hotspot. Also if I want I can put an Hotspot widget right on any home screen I choose and just press one button for Hotspot try again.
    10-28-15 10:50 AM

Once again, you're speaking crap.

Swipe down from the top of the screen and press the hotspot icon.........try harder.
    10-28-15 11:17 AM
    Two nice features of Galaxy S series is quick charging battery and wireless charging. On a quick charge it takes less than 30 mins from zero to 50%. Wireless just put the phone on the charging pad at work or on the nightstand and 100% charged when you leave the office or your bed.
    10-28-15 03:04 PM
    You mean you have a thumb so long that when you hold the S6 in palm, your thumb reaches both far bottom and far upper corner? I can't do this on my Z10, not even imagining this on the S6

Posted via CB10
    I can type on the passport with one hand. Alittle awkward sometimes but it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:12 AM
    I am actually very happy BB has taken on Android...and I cannot wait for the new keyboard device running android. Selling my white passport killed me...I LOVED that phone...but ATT SUCKS in my local area! GRRRRRR! I will hope that big red carries the phone when It comes out...them carrying the priv is a good sign...i think. LOL
    03-31-16 02:35 PM
    Saw the Samsung Galaxy S7 the other day and it's somewhat tempting!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    03-31-16 04:24 PM
    My sister and her boyfriend just picked up the Samsung S7 through T-Mobile on the "buy one get one free". Is it a nice device? Yes but it's just the same as all the other latest all touch Android devices and perhaps why the latest and greatest is really a 350 dollar device. Without the promotion that all carriers seem to be doing with the likes of Apple and Samsung little of these new devices would be moving. If BlackBerry wants to compete in the Android world they best adopt this exact same promotional idea. Saturation is most obviously alive and well with mobile hand sets. The S7, IMO, has nothing on my BlackBerry's. She wanted the S7 because her S5 had become so laggy and was buggy on the most recent 5.1.1 she was running.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-02-16 10:21 AM
    Trust me there isn't anything that any blackberry can do that the s7 can't.
    05-03-16 12:23 AM
    Trust me there isn't anything that any blackberry can do that the s7 can't.
    I love that I can go to my unified in-box (Hub) and pinch the screen to reveal any and all unread messages across every one of my accounts. Can the S7 do that? I don't think even BB's Android version of the HUB integrates ALL accounts yet. Maybe there is another way?
    farmwersteve likes this.
    05-03-16 12:40 AM
209 ... 56789