And again with the Z-lider. When they see a slab, then hear the click, and **that keyboard** is there... I'm waiting for the stares and lowered jawbones... :-)

(...hasn't been for a while, actually I don't remember a super-thin slider like that had ever been made!)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    GoNna be interesting Prem! I cannot believe the attention my passport gets...a slider is unique....i WILL be tempted!! *grins*

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-09-15 02:09 AM
    That's only because we care about having a productive phone. Everyone I know are always charging their phones at 1pm because it's already dying, but for some reason they are ok with having to run to outlets every few hours. As long as their phone is considered "cool" by the crowd, they seem to not care that half the time they cannot use these "cool" features because their phone is about to die... It baffles my mind...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    My Z10 needed 3 batteries to bring me through a workday.
    My HTC lasts until after I come home, on one single charge.
    05-09-15 03:04 AM
    Show me where I said that all BB phones have better battery life than all non BB phones. I'll wait, thanks.

And please tell me, is the HTC a phone that outsells the Samsungs and iPhones? I agree that the HTC's tend to last longer than the other androids, one of my friends has one and is one of the few people I know not hugging walls, yet look at the sales and tell me which are more popular...

05-09-15 12:43 PM
    My brother just got the s6 edge. The phone is a beast compared to any blackberry in the market right now forget what anyone says, check it out for yourself and make your own assumption! but in reality no need to get the latest device if you wanna save money
    No SD card slot? No deal [in Shwarzennegger monotone voice].
    05-09-15 01:01 PM
    No SD card slot? No deal [in Shwarzennegger monotone voice].
    Yah, I agree, needing to rely on an internet connection to access cloud storage is a major no-go for me. SD card and battery life are the two most important things for me, and the S6 fails on both for me...

05-09-15 04:11 PM
    Yah, I agree, needing to rely on an internet connection to access cloud storage is a major no-go for me. SD card and battery life are the two most important things for me, and the S6 fails on both for me...

That's goals in opposition to each other. Cloud storage use -� higher data / wifi use -� higher battery consumption.

Not good for the environment, those servers must be running, too... :-)

Not for this price. You can keep it on the shelfie, Sammy!
    7 days with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and my Passport TRASHES it!-img_20150506_173435.jpg

bungaboy and westiewanderer like this.
    05-09-15 05:36 PM
    That's goals in opposition to each other. Cloud storage use -� higher data / wifi use -� higher battery consumption.

Not good for the environment, those servers must be running, too... :-)

Not for this price. You can keep it on the shelfie, Sammy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150506_173435.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	351990

And apparently, they don't stay on the shelves that long. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    05-09-15 05:44 PM
    I"m not trying to be a smart arse, but is allowed really spelled differently in England? I'm curious.
    Ha ha ha. A Loud! Very fitting. LoL
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-09-15 06:16 PM
    And apparently, they don't stay on the shelves that long. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    Because again, people don't care about all of the issues we've discussed. This is the "hot" new phone and it's considered "cool" so people have to buy it. They don't care if they are stuck to a wall all day or are without some of their files of they are without a data connection, they still can say "Look, I have the cool new phone from Samsung" and that's all that matters.

05-09-15 06:26 PM
    I was at the Barber Shop last week and saw a guy charging his phone while getting a haircut. Wow!

Posted via CB10
    Did he get clipped?
    05-09-15 07:04 PM
    Tre says it's cool to carry chargers, battery packs 'n stuff.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-09-15 07:43 PM
    Tre says it's cool to carry chargers, battery packs 'n stuff.
    Not as cool as lifting screens, double typing, and relying on leaks for O/S updates. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 05-10-15 at 02:28 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-09-15 11:22 PM
    No one is calling the S6 a bad product or a POS. It's a bad experience overall compared to BlackBerry that's all. Just like you suggest the laggy OS, the malware, poor battery life and bloatware all contributes to a bad user experience.

Samsung is the hardware spec king but their phones doesn't run any better than any other Android phones. It's 2015 and there's no excuse for a laggy OS.

Samsung and BlackBerry is a battle of quantity vs. quality. Samsung throwing in all their top specs as a selling point and BlackBerry focus on the efficiency and better user experience.

I'm genuinely curious. No phone is perfect. We know that. It seems many in this thread are acting as if the S6 battery life is so poor or that Android is so insanely laggy that people with the phone surely suffer from nothing but serious usability issues. As of a few weeks ago, Samsung literally sold 20 million combined S6/S6 Edge's. Do some of you really believe that the phone is such a POS and Samsung marketing has duped many of us into purchasing an inferior product that we silly purchasers happily just deal with?

If [the] S6/Android is such a terrible product, why does it sell like hotcakes? I'm not here to argue. I'm genuinely curious why some of you here in the forum act like the S6/Android is simply just a bad product. The OS is laggy, malware, battery sucks, etc. The numbers don't seem to tell that story. The numbers seem to say that way more people think Android is a better product than anything BB is producing these days. And if the phone was as laggy, as infected, and had such a terrible battery, would it still be so highly regarded by pretty much every tech pundit/average consumer? I'd understand if people were saying. "Wow, the S6 is a top of the line phone. I just don't like how slow it can be, how it's possible to get a virus, or how often I have to charge the phone." If that's their experience, I can't argue. But some people in this thread aren't saying that. They're saying that the S6/Android is bad product. The S6 is literally the Ferrari of smartphones. No arguing that. Specs/design point to nothing but top of the line materials. It's okay to say that you don't like a Ferrari because you don't like the engine they use or the MPG it gets. But I'm not quite sure how anyone could call it a bad product. But that seems to be what's happening with the S6 in this thread.

Again. Not here to argue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not going to disagree with anyone who says that the S6/Android is a bad product. I'm just asking for someone to help me better understand how you can say that S6 is such a bad phone if it regarded as a top tier phone and outsells Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thymaster; 05-10-15 at 01:52 AM.
    westiewanderer and rodney0905 like this.
    05-10-15 01:42 AM
    '
    No one is calling the S6 a bad product or a POS. It's a bad experience overall compared to BlackBerry that's all. Just like you suggest the laggy OS, the malware, poor battery life and bloatware all contributes to a bad user experience.

Samsung is the hardware spec king but their phones doesn't run any better than any other Android phones. It's 2015 and there's no excuse for a laggy OS.

Samsung and BlackBerry is a battle of quantity vs. quality. Samsung throwing in all their top specs as a selling point and BlackBerry focus on the efficiency and better user experience.

Posted via CB10
    They just released an update for the S6 to tackle some of the issues it was having. Samsung admitted there was a problem and fixed it (supposedly) quickly. I've never used an S6 and its certainly not the perfect phone, but people seem to be liking it.
    05-10-15 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I asked for a take. You gave one. Any take on why so many businesses are increasingly relying on Android if the overall experience is bad? It seems that if Android/Samsung didn't focus on efficiency and a great user experience then businesses wouldn't be adopting them so quickly? But I don't know, so I'm asking.

Everyday in these forums, people that have problems. We'll find just as many people who have problems, who do not have problems. No matter what OS we're talking about, iPhone, Android BB10, WP - I think they are all great with certain pros and cons. I have no skin in the game. Only curious to know hear other opinions.
    05-10-15 08:30 AM
    Not as cool as lifting screens, double typing, and relying on leaks for O/S updates. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    Other than using the leaks, I am not having any of those problems. Anyone with a S6 not having a problem with battery life or have the ability to expand their memory with sd cards?

05-10-15 01:01 PM
    People with an s6 obviously don't care about SD cards. Battery life is subjective based on usage.

Z30something
    05-10-15 01:34 PM
    Having the power to last beyond a day is so important for me. I was expecting to be blown out of the water...and Instead, I found myself anxiously watching the battery meter, tweaking power settings to try to make it. I am a very outdoorsy person as well, and the difference in the passport and the s6 is astronomical in that respect! I can let my passport sit around for 2 days, grab it, shoot a bunch of pics, and Im still good to go. The s6 was dead before 9 pm, no matter what I did, Ultra battery saving mode included. For me, the screen and camera are NOT so much better than the passport to warrant these failures! Grrrrr!

P.s. Had a friend stay for a couple days, with a new s6....Nothing has changed, no software fixes for these issues yet (including a screen orientation problem when flipped horizontal) Are people just THAT swayed by the spec sheet? They forget to pay true attention to what is in their hand? lol Oh, the removal of the SD slot is a huge one too...for Samsungs most expensive flagship EVER, REALLY!!???
    thymaster likes this.
    05-12-15 03:57 PM
    Having the power to last beyond a day is so important for me. I was expecting to be blown out of the water...and Instead, I found myself anxiously watching the battery meter, tweaking power settings to try to make it. I am a very outdoorsy person as well, and the difference in the passport and the s6 is astronomical in that respect! I can let my passport sit around for 2 days, grab it, shoot a bunch of pics, and Im still good to go. The s6 was dead before 9 pm, no matter what I did, Ultra battery saving mode included. For me, the screen and camera are NOT so much better than the passport to warrant these failures! Grrrrr!

P.s. Had a friend stay for a couple days, with a new s6....Nothing has changed, no software fixes for these issues yet (including a screen orientation problem when flipped horizontal) Are people just THAT swayed by the spec sheet? They forget to pay true attention to what is in their hand? lol Oh, the removal of the SD slot is a huge one too...for Samsungs most expensive flagship EVER, REALLY!!???
    My friend is, or maybe was, a huge Samsung supporter, but he says he will not buy the S6 because of the lack of sd card support and removable battery. I think he might just have to make exceptions for the removable battery soon because it seems all phones are moving that direction, but the sd card thing is something that I think he agrees is "essential." I am hoping the whole industry does not go that way... At least for now BB still has it, I hope they don't fall for peer pressure and do away with it too...

05-12-15 04:19 PM
    My friend is, or maybe was, a huge Samsung supporter, but he says he will not buy the S6 because of the lack of sd card support and removable battery. I think he might just have to make exceptions for the removable battery soon because it seems all phones are moving that direction, but the sd card thing is something that I think he agrees is "essential." I am hoping the whole industry does not go that way... At least for now BB still has it, I hope they don't fall for peer pressure and do away with it too...

Keyboards and SDcards shall prevail... ! :-)

05-12-15 04:31 PM
    I totally agree my friend. I am now much more impressed with the LG g4. It has both removable battery and sd slot, with specs rivaling the S6. Now THAT is a Flagship! *Grins* I had a G3, and It was a very very good android! That being said, my passport still delivers what both these phones do....pretty impressive! (Or, at least close enough that the end-user experience is level)
    05-12-15 04:31 PM
    Keyboards and SDcards shall prevail... ! :-)

iPhone disagrees with you. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    05-12-15 06:02 PM
    Sorry to resurrect, but threads like this I love. I have had BlackBerry since I was 15 years old and absolutely love them. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:25 PM
    What do u love about them??? Naw real talk.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 06:36 PM
    Proud owner of a Passport Silver edition.

  
    09-22-15 06:58 PM
209 ... 45678 ...