Don't forget the study that found that the majority of smartphone users do not download any apps...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You forgot the rest of it. The majority of smartphone users do not download any apps in an average month . Meaning they download all of their apps when they get a new device and continue to use those, but aren't on the lookout for new ones all of the time. I just counted 15 third-party (not including native apps like email, browser, youtube, etc) apps that I use at least once a week and have been using them for years. I probably have 5-10 more that I use at least once a month. The only time I look for a new app is if I hear something about a certain app and want to try it out or my needs change and I need a certain app (like when I did some personal training sessions and my trainer wanted me to use a certain app where I could find my workout routines and he could tweak them, I could chat with him and ask him questions, upload progress pics, etc).
    05-05-15 04:31 PM
    You forgot the rest of it. The majority of smartphone users do not download any apps in an average month . Meaning they download all of their apps when they get a new device and continue to use those, but aren't on the lookout for new ones all of the time. I just counted 15 third-party (not including native apps like email, browser, youtube, etc) apps that I use at least once a week and have been using them for years. I probably have 5-10 more that I use at least once a month. The only time I look for a new app is if I hear something about a certain app and want to try it out or my needs change and I need a certain app (like when I did some personal training sessions and my trainer wanted me to use a certain app where I could find my workout routines and he could tweak them, I could chat with him and ask him questions, upload progress pics, etc).
    Yep.

Some perspective... I review apps for a living, and I'd say I get to check out more apps than the average person.

My core apps are all apps I've been using for at least 4+ years. I started using some of these apps back in PalmOS days.

So my usage definitely supports this theory. I use apps heavily, but don't download new ones too often.
    05-05-15 05:00 PM
    And I don't disagree with most of your point, except it makes it sound like everyone who uses anything other than a Blackberry is ONLY doing it because its uncool. For instance, I have a Z30 and a Nexus 5, love them both. I think I stated above that the Z30 gets better battery life which I love. But the Nexus 5 has things I love too. So I go back and forth because neither is perfect. Trust me, I'm way beyond trying to be cool.
    Never did I imply such a thing. I said that "most" people now-a-days care more about image. Not all. It's been proven that the majority of smartphone users do not even download apps. And the majority of people I talk to say they will never buy a BlackBerry. When I ask why, the number one answer is: "Nobody buys a BlackBerry" while making a face. No mention of apps, function, form, options, likes, dislikes, battery, nothing. When asked if they are aware that in the last few years BB has a whole new OS that's more modern and capable of modern smartphone functions and smoothness unlike legacy devices, you get nothing but blank stares like you just cited a quantum physics theory to them... VERY rarely do I get someone who actually gives me a real practical reason. But they do exist, so I never claimed that everyone who owns one is like that, but it's a clear majority of people I ask give me that same stupid answer...

05-05-15 05:19 PM
    That's you. I have and use apps too. But there's a lot of older people who now also have smartphones that don't even know what "apps" are. They like that the dial pad is big... You think I'm joking. I know someone who lives in a retirement community, so I interact with older people a lot...

05-05-15 05:21 PM
    Hey guys! We all love our BlackBerry Devices and I'm sure there is no device out there that can give me that particular feeling like BlackBerry do.

But I have to accept that the S6 is more powerful and giving you such a lot of options BlackBerry can't. That's another league. I have tested it for about three days and the S6 is more superior than the Passport.

But you know what?i went back to BlackBerry beacause of that particular feeling.

Posted via CB10
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-06-15 02:59 AM
    That's you. I have and use apps too. But there's a lot of older people who now also have smartphones that don't even know what "apps" are. They like that the dial pad is big... You think I'm joking. I know someone who lives in a retirement community, so I interact with older people a lot...

Well my 75 yo grandmother gives me info about new apps so go figure.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4
    05-06-15 03:27 AM
    Hey guys! We all love our BlackBerry Devices and I'm sure there is no device out there that can give me that particular feeling like BlackBerry do.

But I have to accept that the S6 is more powerful and giving you such a lot of options BlackBerry can't. That's another league . I have tested it for about three days and the S6 is more superior than the Passport.

But you know what?i went back to BlackBerry because of that particular feeling.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, another league...
    Outright pricing is just ridiculous. I paid $816 for my Passport at Optus. $899 was RRP afaik. (Australia)

Now, look at that:

7 days with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and my Passport TRASHES it!-img_20150506_173439.jpg

Gets better:

7 days with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and my Passport TRASHES it!-img_20150506_173435.jpg

No thanks, only on contract with some juicy handset repayment component... 8-o

Another league?
    Yeah, let's talk battery... ;-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    westiewanderer and bungaboy like this.
    05-06-15 05:21 AM
    Well my 75 yo grandmother gives me info about new apps so go figure.

Ok, that's cool I guess. Thanks for the info...

05-06-15 07:15 AM
    Ok, that's cool I guess. Thanks for the info...

The point I was making is that statements like nobody downloads apps is subjective at the least.

TGR1 likes this.
    05-06-15 01:15 PM
    Out of curiosity, why don't you recommend WP to anyone? What disadvantages do you see that keep you from recommending it to anyone? I'm just interested in your take on this.
    There's nothing wrong with the phone itself. It seems to work and is pretty smooth, but there are so many annoying things about the UI, after using one for a few weeks before giving it to my mother, I absolutely hated it, and my mom could never understand the layout of some of the in-app icons (like the phone app for example) either. So I ended up selling it and getting her a Z10 and so far so good.

I'm no MS hater either, I usually love MS stuff. I like their computer hardware, I use Windows, etc...

rodney0905 likes this.
    05-06-15 03:50 PM
    Closed for review.
    05-06-15 04:56 PM
    Upon review, I've decided to reopen the thread. Most people seem to be having a reasonably productive discussion, with a side order of legitimate debate.

The worst of the bickering has been deleted (and where those comments were quoted). None of the possible infractions were issued.

Let's call it even, get back to a friendly conversation, skip the personal comments, and all have a nice day or night -- depending upon your time zone.
    05-06-15 05:17 PM
    The point I was making is that statements like nobody downloads apps is subjective at the least.

Agree, and I believe that it was Pantless that pointed out that it's really most people don't continue to download a lot of apps after they get all the ones they need. I think that's an important distinction. Many people need apps, just not a boatload. But we all have different needs.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-06-15 05:26 PM
    Would like an explanation for why my comment was deleted when I didn't make a single personal remark. And now it changes the context of the discussion. I don't believe there was anything personal in my comment and I believe it needs to be said since there's someone else here pulling a strawman with my words for the sake of his remark. So I still need to set it straight.

05-06-15 05:50 PM

And no one here ever suggested that nobody downloads apps.

Sorry, this must be pointed out.

05-06-15 05:51 PM
    Android is advancing very quickly...but so is blackberry these days in its own right! I found many of my android apps not working correctly on my s6...yet with the bb10 updates all amazon downloads still working wonderful. BB10 user interface is more simple and snappy! Loving it!

Quick shot today! Woot!

7 days with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and my Passport TRASHES it!-img_20150506_082809.jpg

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-06-15 09:04 PM
    Really, that seems odd to me. May I ask what do you have setup to replace what?

Posted via CB10
    OK, now you've lost me. :-/
    05-07-15 04:27 AM
    OK, now you've lost me. :-/
    Originally I think you wrote 'aloud' in place of 'allowed'. You wrote that auto-text did it. I was curious what your Word Substitution was that would cause that to happen.

I don't ask just to be a jerk, I help lots of people with BlackBerry and other smartphones and it helps me to expand my knowledge so when someone has something weird happen, I might be able to figure it out faster, especially because I don't always get to touch the device & have to rack my brain to come up with a fix.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    05-07-15 11:42 PM
    Never did I imply such a thing. I said that "most" people now-a-days care more about image. Not all. It's been proven that the majority of smartphone users do not even download apps. And the majority of people I talk to say they will never buy a BlackBerry. When I ask why, the number one answer is: "Nobody buys a BlackBerry" while making a face. No mention of apps, function, form, options, likes, dislikes, battery, nothing. When asked if they are aware that in the last few years BB has a whole new OS that's more modern and capable of modern smartphone functions and smoothness unlike legacy devices, you get nothing but blank stares like you just cited a quantum physics theory to them... VERY rarely do I get someone who actually gives me a real practical reason. But they do exist, so I never claimed that everyone who owns one is like that, but it's a clear majority of people I ask give me that same stupid answer...

All changes when they see your passport
    Never had so much attention for a OS10 phone as with my passport.

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    05-08-15 01:23 AM
    If BBry had gotten their act together and gotten out an update of the Z10 within 2 years of its release (every other manufacturer updates every year) or even the slider, I never would have left BBry. I may come back, but for now they lost me.[/QUOTE]

What do you Mean? They have given two major updates for the z10 within the 2-2.5 years

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 01:37 AM
    If BBry had gotten their act together and gotten out an update of the Z10 within 2 years of its release (every other manufacturer updates every year) or even the slider, I never would have left BBry. I may come back, but for now they lost me.

What do you Mean? They have given two major updates for the z10 within the 2-2.5 years

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I assume he means an upgraded 4.2" all-touch device. The Z10 is currently their only phone with a 4.2" screen.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    05-08-15 03:24 AM
    Oh ok haha

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 04:46 AM
    Poor Verizon :P
    05-08-15 04:56 AM
    All changes when they see your passport
    Never had so much attention for a OS10 phone as with my passport.

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    I believe that was the whole purpose of the Passport, to make people turn their heads and take notice.

05-08-15 06:01 PM
    I believe that was the whole purpose of the Passport, to make people turn their heads and take notice.

And again with the Z-lider. When they see a slab, then hear the click, and **that keyboard** is there... I'm waiting for the stares and lowered jawbones... :-)

(...hasn't been for a while, actually I don't remember a super-thin slider like that had ever been made!)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-08-15 06:32 PM
209 ... 34567 ...