Aw come on now, that's not really fair. Comparing a 2 year old phone running an Android emulator to a brand new Android phone running a native app?

The rest of the post is fair, but when you're talking about lag you should really only compare newest models. I could do the same comparison within a brand, for example, my Z10 flew compared to my 9810 Torch. As it should.

Your new technology all seems lightning fast, until something newer comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Fine - watch any of the bechmark videos. It smokes the iPhone 6.
    05-01-15 12:36 PM
    May I ask why is using a black static wallpaper unrealistic?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Most people want pizzaz and moving wallpapers on their phone, not a plain black static wallpaper. They also tend to change wallpapers according to their moods and black quite frankly are for funerals
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-01-15 01:14 PM
    I'm genuinely curious. No phone is perfect. We know that. It seems many in this thread are acting as if the S6 battery life is so poor or that Android is so insanely laggy that people with the phone surely suffer from nothing but serious usability issues. As of a few weeks ago, Samsung literally sold 20 million combined S6/S6 Edge's. Do some of you really believe that the phone is such a POS and Samsung marketing has duped many of us into purchasing an inferior product that we silly purchasers happily just deal with?

If [the] S6/Android is such a terrible product, why does it sell like hotcakes? I'm not here to argue. I'm genuinely curious why some of you here in the forum act like the S6/Android is simply just a bad product. The OS is laggy, malware, battery sucks, etc. The numbers don't seem to tell that story. The numbers seem to say that way more people think Android is a better product than anything BB is producing these days. And if the phone was as laggy, as infected, and had such a terrible battery, would it still be so highly regarded by pretty much every tech pundit/average consumer? I'd understand if people were saying. "Wow, the S6 is a top of the line phone. I just don't like how slow it can be, how it's possible to get a virus, or how often I have to charge the phone." If that's their experience, I can't argue. But some people in this thread aren't saying that. They're saying that the S6/Android is bad product. The S6 is literally the Ferrari of smartphones. No arguing that. Specs/design point to nothing but top of the line materials. It's okay to say that you don't like a Ferrari because you don't like the engine they use or the MPG it gets. But I'm not quite sure how anyone could call it a bad product. But that seems to be what's happening with the S6 in this thread.

Again. Not here to argue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not going to disagree with anyone who says that the S6/Android is a bad product. I'm just asking for someone to help me better understand how you can say that S6 is such a bad phone if it regarded as a top tier phone and outsells Blackberry?
    Last edited by rodney0905; 05-01-15 at 10:58 PM.
    05-01-15 05:30 PM
    It's all some people can come up with.

Z30something
    westiewanderer and Rello like this.
    05-01-15 10:20 PM
    I Have had a flagship Samsung Android and the chinese ones too, comparing that OS vs BB10 ( I bought a Q10 for my father), is like the sun and the earth, BB10 is snapier by far, and I am an Android user, numbers are not everything.

05-01-15 11:24 PM
    In my opinion, 3,000 mAh is a minimum for a modern large screen smartphone, given our expectations for these devices. I don't know how much extra juice the new Samsung screen tech uses, but just as a general rule of thumb I think 3,000 is as low as they should go.

My OnePlus One, running KitKat, was lasting longer than my Passport, even though it only has 3,100 mAh. With Lollipop, battery life has taken a slight hit and the two are now about the same.

Probably because people like to put something jazzy on their phone.
    I'd agree with this. I wouldn't want to go smaller than the 3250 mah battery on my Nexus 6. I love my Z10 but the battery is awful. My Q5 is better but still not good enough.

westiewanderer likes this.
    05-01-15 11:52 PM
    I'm genuinely curious. No phone is perfect. We know that. It seems many in this thread are acting as if the S6 battery life is so poor or that Android is so insanely laggy that people with the phone surely suffer from nothing but serious usability issues. As of a few weeks ago, Samsung literally sold 20 million combined S6/S6 Edge's. Do some of you really believe that the phone is such a POS and Samsung marketing has duped many of us into purchasing an inferior product that we silly purchasers happily just deal with?

If [the] S6/Android is such a terrible product, why does it sell like hotcakes? I'm not here to argue. I'm genuinely curious why some of you here in the forum act like the S6/Android is simply just a bad product. The OS is laggy, malware, battery sucks, etc. The numbers don't seem to tell that story. The numbers seem to say that way more people think Android is a better product than anything BB is producing these days. And if the phone was as laggy, as infected, and had such a terrible battery, would it still be so highly regarded by pretty much every tech pundit/average consumer? I'd understand if people were saying. "Wow, the S6 is a top of the line phone. I just don't like how slow it can be, how it's possible to get a virus, or how often I have to charge the phone." If that's their experience, I can't argue. But some people in this thread aren't saying that. They're saying that the S6/Android is bad product. The S6 is literally the Ferrari of smartphones. No arguing that. Specs/design point to nothing but top of the line materials. It's okay to say that you don't like a Ferrari because you don't like the engine they use or the MPG it gets. But I'm not quite sure how anyone could call it a bad product. But that seems to be what's happening with the S6 in this thread.

Again. Not here to argue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not going to disagree with anyone who says that the S6/Android is a bad product. I'm just asking for someone to help me better understand how you can say that S6 is such a bad phone if it regarded as a top tier phone and outsells Blackberry?
    As a Nexus 6 user I will say the s6 is not the Ferrari of smart phones. Otherwise enjoy your rant.

05-01-15 11:59 PM
    Originally Posted by jhanks64
    I"m not trying to be a smart arse, but is allowed really spelled differently in England? I'm curious.
    Auto-text
    Really, that seems odd to me. May I ask what do you have setup to replace what?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:18 AM
    Hmmmm I have to add to this...the passport speakers SLAY the gs6..i frequently found myself completely covering the speaker on the gs6..almost muting it completely! Not so on my passport! Video sound content is much richer on the passport as well! *grins*

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    BerrySoul likes this.
    05-02-15 06:58 AM
    To each his own. Personally, I much prefer the S6. You can use it with one hand, have full app support, better camera, and some really awesome os features.

Posted via CB10
    You mean you have a thumb so long that when you hold the S6 in palm, your thumb reaches both far bottom and far upper corner? I can't do this on my Z10, not even imagining this on the S6

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:17 AM
    I'd agree with this. I wouldn't want to go smaller than the 3250 mah battery on my Nexus 6. I love my Z10 but the battery is awful. My Q5 is better but still not good enough.

That's only because we care about having a productive phone. Everyone I know are always charging their phones at 1pm because it's already dying, but for some reason they are ok with having to run to outlets every few hours. As long as their phone is considered "cool" by the crowd, they seem to not care that half the time they cannot use these "cool" features because their phone is about to die... It baffles my mind...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-02-15 11:26 AM
    That's only because we care about having a productive phone. Everyone I know are always charging their phones at 1pm because it's already dying, but for some reason they are ok with having to run to outlets every few hours. As long as their phone is considered "cool" by the crowd, they seem to not care that half the time they cannot use these "cool" features because their phone is about to die... It baffles my mind...

I cannot agree more my friend. Sit at an airport and watch the sheeoples huddle around the power...while I sit at the bar and nurse my favorite beer! HA! *grins*
    bungaboy and BerrySoul like this.
    05-02-15 11:30 AM
    As a Nexus 6 user I will say the s6 is not the Ferrari of smart phones. Otherwise enjoy your rant.

This is hardly a rant. I asked a legitimate question and was hoping for a legitimate answer instead of the all too normal, anything that questions Blackberry must be a rant of a dissenter. I'm completely curious. What would you call the S6 if not the Ferrari of smartphones? I'm not saying that it's the only Ferrari. Surely the M9, N6, and many other phones are the Ferrari's, Bentley's, Rolls Royce's, etc. I'm just not sure how some in this thread can call it anything but purely high end and "bad."

I typically don't respond to replies such as this because they tend to quickly spiral out of control and into an argument. So again, I will reiterate. I am not ranting or here to argue. I like this forum for the discussion it offers. All I've ever tried to do here on CB, AC, WOSN, is to ask a question and get an opinion. Never argue or change someone's mind.

My original question stands so if anyone cares to reply, I'm genuinely curious. If anyone perceives it as a rant, my apologies, but I post here to get opinions, not rant about what about other people choose to think about smartphones.

If you care to explain why the S6, isn't the Ferrari of smartphones, I won't argue with you. I'd just be curious why you think that.
    westiewanderer and JRF_1986 like this.
    05-02-15 11:33 AM
    Geez, as a car guy myself, all of these really bad comparisons with cars are really bugging me... must... resist... ranting...

05-02-15 11:37 AM
    This is hardly a rant. I asked a legitimate question and was hoping for a legitimate answer instead of the all too normal, anything that questions Blackberry must be a rant of a dissenter. I'm completely curious. What would you call the S6 if not the Ferrari of smartphones? I'm not saying that it's the only Ferrari. Surely the M9, N6, and many other phones are the Ferrari's, Bentley's, Rolls Royce's, etc. I'm just not sure how some in this thread can call it anything but purely high end and "bad."

I typically don't respond to replies such as this because they tend to quickly spiral out of control and into an argument. So again, I will reiterate. I am not ranting or here to argue. I like this forum for the discussion it offers. All I've ever tried to do here on CB, AC, WOSN, is to ask a question and get an opinion. Never argue or change someone's mind.

My original question stands so if anyone cares to reply, I'm genuinely curious. If anyone perceives it as a rant, my apologies, but I post here to get opinions, not rant about what about other people choose to think about smartphones.

If you care to explain why the S6, isn't the Ferrari of smartphones, I won't argue with you. I'd just be curious why you think that.
    Rant was too strong a word. I think the s6 is obviously one of the many high end offerings. I just wouldn't set it apart from the others and apparently that wasn't your intent. So no offense meant.
    05-02-15 11:43 AM

This is exactly why I threw this thread out there...I love android, a LOT, but I have always loved BB as well. I got the S6 expecting to be blown away..(several of my last androids have done that, including the lg g3 and moto x) but I was shocked at the performance of the S6. I agree, it IS lightning fast, amazing screen, and camera I cant even talk about, or I might drool. HOWEVER, I have NEVER been a bandwagon sort of fella, so I had to share my experience...because in the past, these sort of posts have been very helpful to me in deciding on a phone. I don't really care about the numbers and the specs, I want to see what people think and feel about a device. I know the passport is not for everyone, but for me, the experience is much better than the S6. I have not called the s6 a piece of crap at all, and Im not going fanboy here(although I find it very amusing at the amount of justification for the s6 that has appeared) I am just blown away at how well the Passport is holding its own, against the latest and greatest! Pick one up and check it out peeps!
    05-02-15 11:43 AM
    Geez, as a car guy myself, all of these really bad comparisons with cars are really bugging me... must... resist... ranting...

Im trying to figure out how to work a Volkswagen comment in here...but...it does not really apply! LOL
    05-02-15 11:46 AM

Nothing wrong with your "rant" this thread is open to anyone's opinion and I would say it is definitely the Ferrari of smartphones.. but people should know that even Ferraris have problems! S6 is definitely top of the line from my perspective, but these days there's so many android phones I can't even keep up with the best. The note4 is looking quite lovely though

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    05-02-15 11:48 AM
    Nothing wrong with your "rant" this thread is open to anyone's opinion and I would say it is definitely the Ferrari of smartphones.. but people need to know that even Ferraris have problems! S6 is definitely top of the line from my perspective, but these days there's so many android phones I can't even keep up with the best. The note4 is looking quite lovely though

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    I accidentally ordered a note 4 case for my Gs6...holy cow that thing is a monster! Would love to see some Videos on THAT beast! lol
    05-02-15 11:50 AM

Haha okay, fair enough. Admittedly not a car guy lol.
    westiewanderer and slagman5 like this.
    05-02-15 12:10 PM
    I like the Note over the S6. It's closer to the size of my Z30 then the S6. However still like BlackBerry better.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:00 PM
    I accidentally ordered a note 4 case for my Gs6...holy cow that thing is a monster! Would love to see some Videos on THAT beast! lol
    5.7 inches! Can you imagine?

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    05-02-15 03:20 PM
    I cannot agree more my friend. Sit at an airport and watch the sheeoples huddle around the power...while I sit at the bar and nurse my favorite beer! HA! *grins*
    Not with my Z10 I couldn't. My Sony when new though that lasted for days.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 03:45 PM

Lol.

Z30something
    05-02-15 04:25 PM
    Haha okay, fair enough. Admittedly not a car guy lol.
    :-P

05-02-15 06:01 PM
209 12345 ...