For sure Passport will have a much longer battery life than S6. Quad pixel screens are IMO a useless drain on power. Unless user keeps the brightness at 30% and use pure black & static wallpaper which is not realistic. S6 is also more a multimedia phone so stuff like shooting photos & video, watching video and playing games are battery drainers
    But the passport also has a bigger battery! I think the s6 has something like 2600mah and the passport 3400?

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-30-15 08:15 PM
    For sure Passport will have a much longer battery life than S6. Quad pixel screens are IMO a useless drain on power. Unless user keeps the brightness at 30% and use pure black & static wallpaper which is not realistic. S6 is also more a multimedia phone so stuff like shooting photos & video, watching video and playing games are battery drainers
    May I ask why is using a black static wallpaper unrealistic?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-15 08:21 PM
    To each his own. Personally, I much prefer the S6. You can use it with one hand, have full app support, better camera, and some really awesome os features.

Posted via CB10
    So why do you post here on a BlackBerry forum if you prefer the S6?

Sincere question

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:07 PM
    I have been eyeing the Edge lately. It looks stunning. But I heard about the poor battery. It's hard to judge what people mean though without a point of reference.

Is the battery worse than the Z10's for example?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:14 PM

Sincere question

Posted via CB10
    Because it is in fact possible to like more than one OS/manufacterer. I'm currently on a Z10, my s6 cones tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:03 AM
    I have been eyeing the Edge lately. It looks stunning. But I heard about the poor battery. It's hard to judge what people mean though without a point of reference.

Is the battery worse than the Z10's for example?

Posted via CB10
    The battery IS worse than a Z10 I'm sorry to say...just because the screen and OS are a much bigger drain than the Z10s are...but it looks like Z10nized is about to have both devices and may provide better feedback on that!

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    05-01-15 02:40 AM

Sincere question

Posted via CB10
    Because its Crackberry where people are aloud their own opinions....................................
    05-01-15 02:41 AM
    Nice

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-01-15 03:14 AM
    Because its Crackberry where people are aloud their own opinions....................................
    I"m not trying to be a smart arse, but is allowed really spelled differently in England? I'm curious.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-15 05:53 AM
    05-01-15 06:57 AM
    Check the device monitor to see what's eating up your battery

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    Fyi, I got my display on lowest brightness unless when I wanna show someone something. Run 3g&2g
    Device monitor says 56% for pim services
    Any ideas?

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    05-01-15 06:58 AM
    What I find kills a battery is an account that is not authenticating. For example, my home phone has my exchange account on it to synch my contacts. I reset my password but forgot to update it on my home phone and the phone would not last the day. Make sure all your accounts - email, linkedin, facebook, evernote, box, onedrive etc are properly authenticating.

Posted via CB10
    Thnx! Now that is an worthy idea!

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    05-01-15 07:01 AM
    Hey Peeps! *Grins* I've been kicking around here for awhile, off and on! I will not deny, I am also an Android fan, and have had many, many androids along the way. I recently bought a white passport (WOOT) and even jumped carriers to do it (from Verizon to AT&T) and I am STILL infatuated with this thing!! I get several comments a day about it. It is a workhorse, and will make the social butterflies happy as well! I was browsing around...and VERY uncharacteristic of me, I bought an S6 Edge without TOO much forum cruising to see how people have been doing with it.

First Impression of the S6. MUCH smaller than all the glamour shots make it out to be. I was a little surprised. Also, I LIKE a heavier device...as that denotes QUALITY to me ! The S6 is a very gorgeous device, but it is VERY lacking in several ways. The battery life is TERRIBLE!! I am a light user, and it was SO crappy I could not believe it! Also, the device was very twitchy on switching screens from vertical to horizontal layout...NO BUENO on a flagship!

After 6 days...I was screaming for my Passport again! After just this day of using my Passport in its place...I am a happy guy again! When i powered up my passport it had 67 percent battery left, and after a 13.5 hour day...46 percent still left! Screen and pictures are close enough to even the latest and purportedly the best device on the market I cannot tell a difference.

In the end, my passport KILLED the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in every way. (I returned that paperweight tonight BTW)

AHEM!! *grins*

Looking forward to many more great times with my Passport! WOOT!
    This isn't the first time I hear about the screen layout on resize when you turn it around. Maybe there will be updates for it later on.
    westiewanderer and Lia Levin like this.
    05-01-15 07:10 AM
    If you really want an android, I suggest to pick up Sony Z3. I have Samsung and Sony, and on the long run, Samsung will be more lag than Sony .
    Using BB Z10 now, and more happy than before....

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 07:33 AM
    I"m not trying to be a smart arse, but is allowed really spelled differently in England? I'm curious.
    Auto-text
    step07 likes this.
    05-01-15 07:42 AM
    Your passport is great. I like it.
    05-01-15 08:48 AM
    Honestly? Trash it without even trying. Samsung belongs in a trash eitherway!

Posted via CB10
    westiewanderer and thymaster like this.
    05-01-15 09:14 AM
    Auto-text
    What's that? ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    westiewanderer and MC_A_DOT like this.
    05-01-15 10:16 AM
    Gosh im so tempted to buy an s6 edge, its so beautiful but thanks for the review! Now I saved money and a contract lol

Posted via CB10
    You call it a review?
    05-01-15 10:36 AM
    But the passport also has a bigger battery! I think the s6 has something like 2600mah and the passport 3400?
    In my opinion, 3,000 mAh is a minimum for a modern large screen smartphone, given our expectations for these devices. I don't know how much extra juice the new Samsung screen tech uses, but just as a general rule of thumb I think 3,000 is as low as they should go.

My OnePlus One, running KitKat, was lasting longer than my Passport, even though it only has 3,100 mAh. With Lollipop, battery life has taken a slight hit and the two are now about the same.

May I ask why is using a black static wallpaper unrealistic?
    Probably because people like to put something jazzy on their phone.
    05-01-15 11:24 AM
    If you really want an android, I suggest to pick up Sony Z3. I have Samsung and Sony, and on the long run, Samsung will be more lag than Sony .
    Using BB Z10 now, and more happy than before....

Posted via CB10
    Unless they really improved the Z3, I wouldn't count on it my Sony lags badly.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing, your Passport looks awesome BTW!

I've heard about the poor battery life on the S6 models, some people try to justify it with "fast charging". I'd prefer the Note 4 for battery life and power. Either way, enjoy your Passport!
    05-01-15 11:37 AM
    Unless they really improved the Z3, I wouldn't count on it my Sony lags badly.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah.... that's why I switch to Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:49 AM
    I'll have my S6 edge two weeks next Tuesday, switching from my 2 year old Z10. So far I'm very happy with it but I will say that no phone is perfect. I have not tried the Passport. Frankly I'm not really into the square screen, but since VZW didn't offer it, I didn't even consider it a serious option for me.

I am getting better battery life on my S6 edge than I did from my Z10 - but not much better. I can go roughly 11 hours from a full charge and I'm a fairly heavy user. Some people are getting worse battery life on their S6 - and for some reason it seems like those on T-Mobile are having the worst battery life. But yes, a Passport will have way better battery life. Making things somewhat more livable for the S6 is the fast charger which can get you 4 hours of battery life in 20 minutes. I've tried it and it works great. Also wireless charging is a nice option. I've tested a few times how long I can go on one charge, but on normal days when I'm at the office I just sit the phone on my wireless charger when I'm not using it and I don't have to plug and unplug it to keep the phone topped up. (BTW I read on Android Central that a factory reset seems to help the battery life issue for most people so I ran one the day after I got the phone. Don't know if that really helped or not.)

Don't know what the OP meant by twitchy screens when switching orientation. Mine flips flawlessly. There are some complaints of the screen locking up and not rotating at all. Speculation is that this is caused by the fast charger getting too hot on some phones and baking the gyroscope because many of the people who had this problem reported this happening right after a fast charge. I tested mine out and it is fine - and hopefully it will stay that way.

The phone does have an issue with RAM management but this is actually a flaw in the android software and Samsung is already rolling out the fix to the carriers. I haven't had any apps close on me for the RAM issue other than my Rocket Player so I switched back the Samsung Music app for now. As for the phone being laggy, I call BS - this phone flies compared to my Z10. I used to have to open up my Starbucks app as soon as I walked into the store to have any chance of the app being ready by the time I paid. Now I can just do it as the cashier is ringing me up. Real Racing 3 loads in about 1/4 of the time on my S6 versus my Z10.

More positives for the S6 - the fingerprint scanner works great and the camera is absolutely incredible (not to mention the fact that it loads ready to take a picture in less than a second). And now I don't need work arounds to get every app I want. Malware? Give me a break - don't load any apps from developers you never heard of.

Things I miss from my Z10 - I do miss my BBry virtual keyboard. I have Samsung's version of SwiftKey and it's not bad, but the BBry was much better IMHO. I also miss the hub and peek and flow. BBrry does a better job handling email in most respects, but I do like how I can just swipe away email on my S6 to delete them and hit "undo" if I messed up.

Again, no phone is perfect but I am very happy with my S6 edge. If BBry had gotten their act together and gotten out an update of the Z10 within 2 years of its release (every other manufacturer updates every year) or even the slider, I never would have left BBry. I may come back, but for now they lost me.
    westiewanderer and grover5 like this.
    05-01-15 11:52 AM
    As for the phone being laggy, I call BS - this phone flies compared to my Z10. I used to have to open up my Starbucks app as soon as I walked into the store to have any chance of the app being ready by the time I paid. Now I can just do it as the cashier is ringing me up. Real Racing 3 loads in about 1/4 of the time on my S6 versus my Z10.
    Aw come on now, that's not really fair. Comparing a 2 year old phone running an Android emulator to a brand new Android phone running a native app?

The rest of the post is fair, but when you're talking about lag you should really only compare newest models. I could do the same comparison within a brand, for example, my Z10 flew compared to my 9810 Torch. As it should.

Your new technology all seems lightning fast, until something newer comes out.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:07 PM
209 1234 ...