Hey Peeps! *Grins* I've been kicking around here for awhile, off and on! I will not deny, I am also an Android fan, and have had many, many androids along the way. I recently bought a white passport (WOOT) and even jumped carriers to do it (from Verizon to AT&T) and I am STILL infatuated with this thing!! I get several comments a day about it. It is a workhorse, and will make the social butterflies happy as well! I was browsing around...and VERY uncharacteristic of me, I bought an S6 Edge without TOO much forum cruising to see how people have been doing with it.

First Impression of the S6. MUCH smaller than all the glamour shots make it out to be. I was a little surprised. Also, I LIKE a heavier device...as that denotes QUALITY to me ! The S6 is a very gorgeous device, but it is VERY lacking in several ways. The battery life is TERRIBLE!! I am a light user, and it was SO crappy I could not believe it! Also, the device was very twitchy on switching screens from vertical to horizontal layout...NO BUENO on a flagship!

After 6 days...I was screaming for my Passport again! After just this day of using my Passport in its place...I am a happy guy again! When i powered up my passport it had 67 percent battery left, and after a 13.5 hour day...46 percent still left! Screen and pictures are close enough to even the latest and purportedly the best device on the market I cannot tell a difference.

In the end, my passport KILLED the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in every way. (I returned that paperweight tonight BTW)

AHEM!! *grins*

Looking forward to many more great times with my Passport! WOOT!

7 days with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and my Passport TRASHES it!-img_20150422_121010.jpg
    04-29-15 07:59 PM
    Nice...
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-29-15 08:03 PM
    welcome back Westie! Was wondering where you had gotten to!
    westiewanderer likes this.
    04-29-15 08:06 PM
    To each his own. Personally, I much prefer the S6. You can use it with one hand, have full app support, better camera, and some really awesome os features.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:24 PM
    3450 mAh battery vs a 2650 mAh battery. A bigger/higher resolution screen too... SHOCKING. lol

I went from a Prius to a Corvette and the mileage sucks.
    04-29-15 08:29 PM
    I have to say...it DOES have a better camera...but terrible battery and other software probs (albeit early in the game for the s6) I personally think the passport a much better phone...and t:hats with lots of android experience. That's the great thing about this day and age in tech though...there is something for everyone!

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    gritsinct likes this.
    04-29-15 08:30 PM
    Gosh im so tempted to buy an s6 edge, its so beautiful but thanks for the review! Now I saved money and a contract lol

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:08 PM
    3450 mAh battery vs a 2650 mAh battery. A bigger/higher resolution screen too... SHOCKING. lol

I went from a Prius to a Corvette and the mileage sucks.
    Poor comparison. Going from a Prius to a Corvette, you'll get enough enjoyment out of the Corvette over the Prius that you won't be thinking about the gas mileage. If after a week with the S6 Edge, the only thing he can remember about it is the poor battery life, then it was obviously not a Corvette versus Prius comparison...
    04-30-15 12:17 AM
    Poor comparison. Going from a Prius to a Corvette, you'll get enough enjoyment out of the Corvette over the Prius that you won't be thinking about the gas mileage. If after a week with the S6 Edge, the only thing he can remember about it is the poor battery life, then it was obviously not a Corvette versus Prius comparison...
    Sure

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-30-15 01:22 AM
    And yet the s6 Edge has the very same battery rating by as the Passport. (standardised testing by Gsmarena)

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:42 AM
    Gosh im so tempted to buy an s6 edge, its so beautiful but thanks for the review! Now I saved money and a contract lol

Posted via CB10
    My brother just got the s6 edge. The phone is a beast compared to any blackberry in the market right now forget what anyone says, check it out for yourself and make your own assumption! but in reality no need to get the latest device if you wanna save money

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    jimlockhead likes this.
    04-30-15 02:12 AM
    My brother just got the s6 edge. The phone is a beast compared to any blackberry in the market right now forget what anyone says, check it out for yourself and make your own assumption! but in reality no need to get the latest device if you wanna save money

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    I disagree that it's a better device, a couple of my friends bought the edge the day it was released and they all took the device back because of poor battery performance and software glitches. For a flagship devices priced over 750.00, it was not acceptable to them.
    04-30-15 03:42 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

For me:

Android + Samsung = Angry and frustrated face.

BlackBerry Passport = Happy and calm face.
    04-30-15 04:17 AM
    As happy Like I am with my monster, the battery has lost it's glory
    Especially since the past two upgrade, am on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 now and get an average of 10hrs out of it, albeit very heavy use
    Still, that same very heavy use gave me 24hrs+ before
    Any tips?
    P.s. Is a company device, so leaks are no option

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    04-30-15 04:24 AM
    That's good to hear, I know that battery life on my passport is unbelievable. It is an amazing device.

I was able to sell two different people on a Z30 in the last two weeks though. I cannot wait for the next generation Z30.

Posted via CB10
    westiewanderer and Anthony_2u like this.
    04-30-15 04:40 AM
    Maarten, I am still on 1776 update, 100-1 AT&T Passport, and Im getting crazy battery life. I am not a heavy user though! Not sure why your battery life has dwindled like that, I have not heard anything like that happening. Maybe hit the forums and see what you can find! *grins*
    04-30-15 07:25 AM
    Especially since the past two upgrade, am on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 now and get an average of 10hrs out of it, albeit very heavy use
    Any tips?

Check the device monitor to see what's eating up your battery

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    04-30-15 07:42 AM
    I disagree that it's a better device, a couple of my friends bought the edge the day it was released and they all took the device back because of poor battery performance and software glitches. For a flagship devices priced over 750.00, it was not acceptable to them.
    Obviously there's a lot more to it than battery, actually android always has crap running in the background so people have to be careful. It's all about preference, my brother loves it! There's a lot more to it than just battery life. Oh and there really isn't that much software glitches to compare to bb10. Bb10 probably has just the same amount of software glitches. I've used the s6 enough to tell you the phone runs fine smh but if you wanna choose a passport because of the battery life then so be it!

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-30-15 11:39 AM
    Any tips?

What I find kills a battery is an account that is not authenticating. For example, my home phone has my exchange account on it to synch my contacts. I reset my password but forgot to update it on my home phone and the phone would not last the day. Make sure all your accounts - email, linkedin, facebook, evernote, box, onedrive etc are properly authenticating.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:46 PM
    I am thinking about getting the S6 at the moment. I basically love my Passport but there are several problems with it for me. Firstly, the size is just too big for me, I'd prefer something more compact. I've been debating about getting the Classic but I'm not sure. I have realized that I do need a number of apps that don't run well on BlackBerry devices, if at all, some of them because of missing Google Play services. Well I guess I will think about it for some time and wait what might hit the market. If the battery performance is really that bad it would indeed be a turnoff.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 03:22 PM

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    I'm forgetting what you just said. Heh

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 04:17 PM
    I'm forgetting what you just said. Heh

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly. Forget what anyone says and maje your own assumption. Thank you hehe

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-30-15 04:39 PM
    I guess it comes down to user experience with the device lol. As I said....i am a big fan of Android devices..and I will not deny the s6 is an amazing device...but it needs serious tweaking...the passport is a much better experience right now! *grins* the whole world is jumping on the s6 right now...we will see what the future holds! PASSPORT!

Wacky wide n wonderful!
    Swave514 likes this.
    04-30-15 06:28 PM
    For sure Passport will have a much longer battery life than S6. Quad pixel screens are IMO a useless drain on power. Unless user keeps the brightness at 30% and use pure black & static wallpaper which is not realistic. S6 is also more a multimedia phone so stuff like shooting photos & video, watching video and playing games are battery drainers
    04-30-15 08:09 PM
    Man... I want an S6 edge really badly, but I will never tolerate battery performance on the "Z10 level" again. I'm so happy with the battery on the Z30, that it's become the minimum battery life I'll accept going forward.

You don't realize how much having a great battery changes the whole experience of having a phone until you get one with a long battery life.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    04-30-15 08:15 PM
209 123 ...