You can say the same thing about people in here. Some people will not use anything but a Blackberry because of blind loyalty, when there may be a better phone out there for that individual person.
    I agree. It's silly to me that some people seem to think this is just an Apple phenomenon. There are tons of "blind fanboys" on Crackberry, and I can see why. You like what you like. If one company's products works well for you that's all that matters. But it's REALLY the pot calling the kettle black when BB fans call Apple fans "iSheep" and the like for continuing to buy Apple products. I'm sure there are several people here who have bought both the Z10 and Q10 and perhaps even the Z30 if their carrier allows. And many of these people probably have an extensive BBOS device history as well.
    avt123, donnation, bbq10l and 3 others like this.
    02-14-14 10:36 AM
    I don't think that's true, most people here buy one because it suits their needs highly, like qwerty or the hub/general new OS. Nobody buys a BB just because it's a BB lol.
    What? So when it comes to a BB, people have a legitimate reason for purchasing, but when it's an iPhone, they buy it "just because"? This logic and reasoning sounds worse than those who do buy things "just because".

You are on a website dedicated to BlackBerry fans/fanboys. You cannot even be serious with this comment.
    02-14-14 10:36 AM
    I don't think that's true, most people here buy one because it suits their needs highly, like qwerty or the hub/general new OS. Nobody buys a BB just because it's a BB lol.
    You'd be surprised. In the years I've been on CB I've seen several people talk about features they'd like to see on future BB devices that are already available on other platforms. Or when people are talking about what they like about BB, they mention features that are on other platforms as well and nothing really specific to BB. Heck, when I bought my Z10 on launch day it was largely because I had been excited to try out BB10 for a couple of years, even though I knew at the time it was lacking some features I like on my mobile devices.
    avt123, kbz1960 and MERCDROID like this.
    02-14-14 10:39 AM
    Of course you think that. Other people don't buy based on their needs, but Blackberry users do. How could it be any other way.
    avt123, bbq10l, MERCDROID and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 10:48 AM
    I've always been amazed by it actually. I can't think of another company the generates such a fierce passion for their products. It must annoy the hell out of any competitor who wishes they had such a fierce following.

I certainly know many people who are like that guy in the photo (don't dare to suggest Apple isn't perfect in every way to them).

and many who are like this classic too! :-)

I'd actually commend this person for not buying an Evo. That phone was a total pos.
    02-14-14 10:50 AM
    This survey must be true because it isn't about BlackBerry!

Seriously. I know more than 40+ people that have an iPhone. The majority of them wouldn't give a **** if Apple ceased to exist tomorrow.
    This!

You guys crack me up. This site is all about blindly following a product. Hoping for updates that make your beloved blackberry do things that other phones already do or do better. I like blackberry. I own a 9900 and want to buy a Q10. But I also understand that I don't want to leave the apple ecosystem. Not because I am blind, but because It works. Once blackberry actually gives me something that compares to what I have, with the customer service that I expect, then maybe I can move from the iPhone completely. Until then its 2 phones for me. Not because I need 2 phones, but because I am a phone guy who is partial to blackberry.
    02-14-14 10:54 AM
    I'd actually commend this person for not buying an Evo. That phone was a total pos.
    Yes. With absolute terrible battery life. Also a nonexistent 4G network.
    02-14-14 10:54 AM
    What? So when it comes to a BB, people have a legitimate reason for purchasing, but when it's an iPhone, they buy it "just because"? This logic and reasoning sounds worse than those who do buy things "just because".

You are on a website dedicated to BlackBerry fans/fanboys. You cannot even be serious with this comment.
    Blackberry isn't exactly a fad or something you can use to show off or look wealthy, especially not today. It's a pretty small section of the market and I'm pretty sure most people buy them because they have a specific need that the BB does far better. I got one last year because of the qwerty and no other phones offer that, this year I have an Android because I think Blackberry's current status is a failure unfortunately. Maybe a few people are buying the phones out of fanboyism but if I'm honest I think most people who buy a BB10 do because they genuinely prefer the OS to other phones. It does have some very unique and useful features. Considering there's even users jumping ship to iPhone and android I doubt there's many people here who would enjoy those phones more but "put up" with a blackberry just because of the brand.
    02-14-14 10:56 AM
    Blackberry isn't exactly a fad or something you can use to show off or look wealthy, especially not today. It's a pretty small section of the market and I'm pretty sure most people buy them because they have a specific need that the BB does far better. I got one last year because of the qwerty and no other phones offer that, this year I have an Android because I think Blackberry's current status is a failure unfortunately. Maybe a few people are buying the phones out of fanboyism but if I'm honest I think most people who buy a BB10 do because they genuinely prefer the OS to other phones. It does have some very unique and useful features. Considering there's even users jumping ship to iPhone and android I doubt there's many people here who would enjoy those phones more but "put up" with a blackberry just because of the brand.
    You realize that Android controls over 50% of the market right?

Who do you think bought the majority of BB10 devices? Users switching from legacy, or users switching from other platforms?
    02-14-14 11:03 AM
    Blind loyalty or barriers to exit. As much as I don't find iOS to suit my needs, Apple did an amazing job packing the whole consumption experience into one easy to use bundle.

You can say the same thing about people in here. Some people will not use anything but a Blackberry because of blind loyalty, when there may be a better phone out there for that individual person.
    Hmm. I think many BlackBerry loyals have an iPad or have used an Android more than you think. For me (more iOS experience than Android) I could not imagine leaving my BlackBerry now. The share functionality alone surpasses anything my laptop or any other platform can do. The multitasking is very functional, I can flip between xls files and emails copying and pasting information with ease, I wouldn't even attempt that on my iPad.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    Last edited by Just Me; 02-14-14 at 11:27 AM.
    02-14-14 11:13 AM
    Your point is well taken but makes no sense. You blame America for being blind to Apple, but what about the rest the country that isn't buying Blackberry. With 0.6% market share, BB isn't wooing anyone into buying their phones, no matter where you live.
    That is my point, you just backed it up with your post.....did you read my entire post? BB is not cool (no suprise to anyone on here), so regardless of how good it is, no one is buying. I travel to the US a lot, I can tell you BB is the Anti-cool, most folks would never consider even looking into one, let alone get one. I will also tell you the great majority of folks that have iPhones do not even know what those devices are capable of.

For many American's, the iPhone is the aspirational devices ....thus getting one satisfies the emotional response to getting one. They either think its cool, or think everyone else thinks its cool, so therefore this is the primary decision trigger to gettin gone. The rest of wether or not the device is the best for the buck is secondary
    02-14-14 11:19 AM
    For many American's, the iPhone is the aspirational devices ....thus getting one satisfies the emotional response to getting one. They either think its cool, or think everyone else thinks its cool, so therefore this is the primary decision trigger to gettin gone. The rest of wether or not the device is the best for the buck is secondary
    There's nothing like amateur psychology on CrackBerry.
    02-14-14 11:39 AM
    I'm still shocked by how obsessed Crackberry is with Apple and their users.
    02-14-14 11:45 AM
    Of course there are always fanboys but considering BlackBerry is in the minority here, you can say apple has the more blind loyal followers. You get what I'm saying

Posted via CB10
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    02-14-14 11:47 AM
    The ignorance, rhetoric and sweeping generalization that goes on is phenomenal. Why blow out someone else's candle to make your light shine brighter. Anyone that takes a survey like this as gospel is the real dummy. You can slant any poll to meet your agenda.
    At least some people on here are smart enough to realize, but those that call iphone users as "stupid" or "sheep" are just ignorant and insulting. Perhaps that is what you are after when making those comments.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:55 AM
    The majority of human beings are blind sheep.
    kbz1960, sheailewis1 and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-14-14 11:56 AM
    I have lots of friends that have bought into the apple vision, with HiFi connectors, tv connectors and everything else...... All this stuff just works.

Why would they buy anything else? I've had an iPhone and hated it, had 3 blackberries and loved them, plus a playbook that ensured i didn't buy an OS10 handset last summer, but have now gone android with a dual sim moto g and and a nexus tablet.

I have no loyalty to any brand , phones in the house come from Asus, samsung, HTC, moto and a Chinese cubot .

People buy what works, if apple didn't they wouldn't buy. No matter how loyal one is the thats the bottom line. And for many apple does work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    sallenthornton and bbq10l like this.
    02-14-14 11:58 AM
    The majority of human beings are blind sheep.
    I suppose that explains the global auto accident rate.
    02-14-14 12:01 PM
    At a time I was blindly loyal to BlackBerry. It just so happened that it was the best solution for me. At a point it no longer was the best solution for me and I switched to an android(HTC OneX).

After a summer with the OneX I started to think of how many things I missed about BlackBerry devices.

Long story short, I switched back to something I find to be the best for me.

Posted via Q10
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-14-14 12:37 PM
    Let me just say this: I have met two people in the last 2 years who I've seen with tattoos of the Apple logo.

Apple has a level of loyalty that no other tech company can compare with, so -- to be honest -- I see nothing surprising or controversial about the results of this study.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:38 PM
    I suppose that explains the global auto accident rate.
    Among other things ... most roadways are regulated so it doesn't really require genius IQ to drive safely enough to avoid killing yourself does it?
    02-14-14 12:43 PM
    Yes but these people aren't blindly loyal to Apple without reason. They have developed that loyalty over time with great products, great experience and great support from Apple through the use of the products. There are people here that are blindly loyal to BlackBerry. The numbers of those people are dropping due to negative experience that BlackBerry has in its recent past but still people that are loyal.

BlackBerry must rebuild the brand image, satisfy customers, and provide a great overall ownership experience to get people back on board. It will be difficult, because it is much harder to win customers back than it is to retain them.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l, kbz1960, MERCDROID and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 12:46 PM
    Among other things ... most roadways are regulated so it doesn't really require genius IQ to drive safely enough to avoid killing yourself does it?
    I'm afraid there's quite a bit of play between "blind sheep" and "genius IQ"; it's not an either/or.
    02-14-14 12:51 PM
    I'm afraid there's quite a bit of play between "blind sheep" and "genius IQ"; it's not an either/or.
    Neither does it require much intellectual courageousness to highlight the obvious. No risk, no reward.
    02-14-14 12:56 PM
    That is my point, you just backed it up with your post.....did you read my entire post? BB is not cool (no suprise to anyone on here), so regardless of how good it is, no one is buying. I travel to the US a lot, I can tell you BB is the Anti-cool, most folks would never consider even looking into one, let alone get one. I will also tell you the great majority of folks that have iPhones do not even know what those devices are capable of.

Yes I read your post. Did you read mine? You can't speak for what you "think" the US population is buying their phones for. Just because you happen to travel here doesn't make you an expert on what people are buying and why.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-14-14 at 02:44 PM.
    02-14-14 12:57 PM
178 1234 ...