Seems to dispute the notion that "most people who buy iPhones don't buy them just because they have an 'Apple' logo on them, but because they are the best."

Note: To be clear, I'm not saying they aren't good products.

This highlights the struggle BlackBerry is going to have with their brand being so tarnished

Apple Loyalty Study: iPhone owners blindly loyal to Apple | BGR

A study that will make blindly loyal Android fanboys giddy with glee has found that a huge chunk of iPhone owners admit to being blindly loyal to Apple, willing to buy just about anything the Cupertino, California-based consumer technology giant slaps an Apple logo on.

The study was conducted by�SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk, and it involved polling 2,000 iPhone owners.

About 60% of those polled admitted to having a ?blind loyalty? to Apple and even more ?�78% ? said they ?couldn?t imagine having a different type of phone? than an iPhone. Interestingly, however, just half of respondents said they were ?really impressed? by Apple?s iPhone.

In other words, they?re happy using a smartphone they?re not really impressed by simply because Apple made it.

The survey found that 54% of iPhone owners have owned another iPhone model prior to their current phone, and 37% said the reason for upgrading to a newer iPhone model was familiarity with the iOS user interface. 28% said the newer iPhone model was just the best smartphone for them, and 25% said they stayed with Apple because of iOS-specific features like iMessage and FaceTime.

?It?s really interesting to discover this blind loyalty amongst iPhone users ? they?ll no longer consider other mobile phones on the market, purely because they trust Apple and perhaps like being associated with the brand,? SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk�founder�Roshan Bholah told The Telegraph.�?However, the old saying ?if it ain?t broke, don?t fix it? could ring true here, as it?s clearly a case of them having a positive experience with the handset. It?s ultimately the loyalty all brands hope to achieve with their customers ? old and new.?

He continued, ?Product lifecycles are fickle, so it?ll be interesting to see how long Apple can maintain this relationship with its customers, not forgetting to mention how long they can keep their competitors at bay.?

Of those who had switched to an iPhone from other smartphone brands, 17% came from a BlackBerry, 14% from a Nokia phone, 9% from a Samsung handset, 4% from HTC and only 2% from a Sony phone.

Posted via CB10
    toronto9696 likes this.
    02-13-14 10:00 PM
    They found this out now? Seriously? When I saw the release of the iPhone 4 I saw people queuing up in droves with Apples in there eyes like implanted into there pupils. But yeah I saw this **** way before...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-15-14 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Unnecessarily quoted entire OP
    02-13-14 10:05 PM
    People were loyal to their crackberries too.

The end will be at some point.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-13-14 10:19 PM
    People were loyal to their crackberries too.

The end will be at some point.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    Which I predict to be in the next year or two

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 and Breezygirl8 like this.
    02-13-14 10:25 PM
    It's even funnier that this is on BGR.

Posted via CB10
    Joe Clean likes this.
    02-13-14 10:29 PM
    It's even funnier that this is on BGR.

Posted via CB10
    There Android fans obviously... Seeing as no other platform makes them happy.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:32 PM
    We just saw a positive BB post come from BGR in the past few days, and now this? Something is going on over there...
    RAFA1 and Playbook007 like this.
    02-13-14 10:38 PM
    We just saw a positive BB post come from BGR in the past few days, and now this? Something is going on over there...
    They're a bit confused I agree. But I still think they're on androids side /.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:40 PM
    People stick with iPhone because it works for them. Blind loyalty is a terms that can be placed on fans of any phone maker. Just look at some of the comments on this forum. If the product no longer meets or exceeds their expectations they will use a phone from a competing brand.
    No need to name call or insult fans of other brands because they like something that you don't.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:31 PM
    People stick with iPhone because it works for them. Blind loyalty is a terms that can be placed on fans of any phone maker. Just look at some of the comments on this forum. If the product no longer meets or exceeds their expectations they will use a phone from a competing brand.
    No need to name call or insult fans of other brands because they like something that you don't.

Posted via CB10
    This article seems to kind-of dispute this (that all people use the iPhone because it suits their needs and not simply because it's an Apple product). It says many users stick to Apple because its Apple and will not consider any other device for any reason.

That was my reading at least.

Posted via CB10
    Graz and KarlosSpicyWienr like this.
    02-13-14 11:36 PM
    That would only go so far. I believe if they failed to keep up with the competition people, even those who are loyal to a fault, would move on. Not to say that there aren't those would stick it out until the bitter end.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:39 PM
    This article seems to kind-of dispute this (that all people use the iPhone because it suits their needs and not simply because it's an Apple product).
    When you have the word "all" or "every" in a statement about any group of tech users you don't need a survey to know that whatever proposition is made is not true (unless it's something like "all smartphone owners own smartphones" or something similar, and your example isn't one of those exceptions).
    02-13-14 11:43 PM
    When you have the word "all" or "every" in a statement about any group of tech users you don't need a survey to know that whatever proposition is made is not true (unless it's something like "all smartphone owners own smartphones" or something similar, and your example isn't one of those exceptions).
    I agree. However, the (to some, probably a very unexpected result) is that we can replace "some" with 60%.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:48 AM
    Apple has done a great job using their eco-system to keep people with them. Leave their investment in Itunes; no iMessage, Facetime yeah alot of Apple phone peeps won't even look elsewhere.
    02-14-14 03:03 AM
    Apple has a pretty good reputation for consistency in mobile. Whenever they come out with a new iPhone or iPad reviewers generally consider them to the best in class. Tech oriented critics may say that they only add incremental improvements, however, they rarely end up with Storms or Playbooks or TouchPads or Nooks that end up essentially at a dead-end when they don't catch on.

From a consumer standpoint, you also aren't left wondering what direction they are going in. They are will be in the consumer space primarily. Will they continue with tablets? Consumer smartphones? Power notebooks? Ultra-portable notebooks? Of course. I also like knowing that when I'm ready to upgrade, a reseller like Gazelle will be offering a decent price or someone in my life will be extremely happy to take it off my hands.

I guess loyalty goes both ways. You can say that Apple is pretty loyal to the consumer technology market right now.
    boeingrules and decoy7 like this.
    02-14-14 07:48 AM
    So iPhone is either for stupid people or people that really don't have the time or give a sh*t when it comes to considering a phone. Not everyone is a phone enthusiast like on this forum and the decision of a phone is an exceptionally minor part of some peoples' lives, but I can see a whole lot of people who buy them are just stupid. Like on the iMore forum, if you actively use a mobile phone forum you obviously know your fair share about them and a lot of them probably know Android would be better for them.
    hyperion192 likes this.
    02-14-14 07:58 AM
    I'm willing to bet the number is higher than 60%. IMO, This study points to the fact that only 60% are willing to admit it. I am schocked at how many Americans walk around with iPhones, where there are so many better choices out there for the money.

iPhone popularity is actually scary in the sense that I feel it underlines the real ignorance of consumers and where they place their priorities. Its a good little device, but it is anything but great.

When polled, so many consumers will tell you that the most important thing/cosnideration for purchasing a device is Battery life, input ability (ie typing and communication access). Similar situation is with cars, consumers will say fuel economy, performance...etc etc. If you hold this true, we would all be driving TDi Volkswagens while talking on our blackberry Z30's!

The reality is consumers primary consideration to what they buy is what they feel is cool, or what they feel others feel is cool...or a combination of the two. No if and or butts about it. Currently in the US, the iPhone is the cool phone to have, to the point of concern as far as I'm concerned.
    02-14-14 08:19 AM
    Blind loyalty comes from being delivered a device that just works year over year. Why shop around for another phone if you are happy with what you have? I can tell you I'm blind to any other type of computer than a Mac, because they work and I've never had a problem with them. Apple's customer service is bar none the best in the business, so why not be blindly loyal to them if they deliver a quality product?
    02-14-14 08:43 AM
    I'm willing to bet the number is higher than 60%. IMO, This study points to the fact that only 60% are willing to admit it. I am schocked at how many Americans walk around with iPhones, where there are so many better choices out there for the money.

iPhone popularity is actually scary in the sense that I feel it underlines the real ignorance of consumers and where they place their priorities. Its a good little device, but it is anything but great.

When polled, so many consumers will tell you that the most important thing/cosnideration for purchasing a device is Battery life, input ability (ie typing and communication access). Similar situation is with cars, consumers will say fuel economy, performance...etc etc. If you hold this true, we would all be driving TDi Volkswagens while talking on our blackberry Z30's!

The reality is consumers primary consideration to what they buy is what they feel is cool, or what they feel others feel is cool...or a combination of the two. No if and or butts about it. Currently in the US, the iPhone is the cool phone to have, to the point of concern as far as I'm concerned.
    Your point is well taken but makes no sense. You blame America for being blind to Apple, but what about the rest the country that isn't buying Blackberry. With 0.6% market share, BB isn't wooing anyone into buying their phones, no matter where you live.
    bbq10l, JeepBB, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    02-14-14 08:46 AM
    Your point is well taken but makes no sense. You blame America for being blind to Apple, but what about the rest the country that isn't buying Blackberry. With 0.6% market share, BB isn't wooing anyone into buying their phones, no matter where you live.
    Blackberry isn't the only phone out there. Point being people go spend money on a product regardless of if there is a better product out there.

According to the study some people just WILL Not use another phone. Has little to do with blackberry

Posted via CB10
    sheailewis1 and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-14-14 10:00 AM
    Blackberry isn't the only phone out there. Point being people go spend money on a product regardless of if there is a better product out there.

According to the study some people just WILL Not use another phone. Has little to do with blackberry

Posted via CB10
    You can say the same thing about people in here. Some people will not use anything but a Blackberry because of blind loyalty, when there may be a better phone out there for that individual person.
    02-14-14 10:02 AM
    This survey must be true because it isn't about BlackBerry!

Seriously. I know more than 40+ people that have an iPhone. The majority of them wouldn't give a **** if Apple ceased to exist tomorrow.
    02-14-14 10:09 AM
    Haha not the unit im stationed in. These dudes are 90 percent iPhone and most of then have multiple ipads (mini and full size) and swear the ipads is the best. I can't believe they would buy 500+ ipad minis TBH. Just so dumb.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:21 AM
    I've always been amazed by it actually. I can't think of another company the generates such a fierce passion for their products. It must annoy the hell out of any competitor who wishes they had such a fierce following.

I certainly know many people who are like that guy in the photo (don't dare to suggest Apple isn't perfect in every way to them).

and many who are like this classic too! :-)

Video is NSFW - PK

Last edited by pkcable; 02-15-14 at 10:50 AM.
    02-14-14 10:26 AM
    You can say the same thing about people in here. Some people will not use anything but a Blackberry because of blind loyalty, when there may be a better phone out there for that individual person.
    I don't think that's true, most people here buy one because it suits their needs highly, like qwerty or the hub/general new OS. Nobody buys a BB just because it's a BB lol.
    donnation likes this.
    02-14-14 10:32 AM
178 123 ...