i got my first error this morning (Reload Software 552). After finding the solution and fixing the issue, i've been reading around here about the 552 and 507 errors.

Can anyone explain the difference between them? Is one just caused by a bad app install (552) and the other by corrupted OS (507).

Or can an improper app install cause a 507error? i always see the 507 associated with "fatal error." Is this always the case?

With a Reload Software 552 Error, does deleting the app that caused the error always fix it? It did in my case, and none of my device info was deleted and all my 3rd party apps remained intact after the issue was fixed.

Does anyone have a list of BlackBerry errors and their meanings?

Thanks for any insight, tech geeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 02:31 PM
    Found http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/appl...s-list-211519/!

12-27-09 04:22 PM
    Nice! Great read.
    12-27-09 04:32 PM
    Very good read! Thanks to CX! Learning the errors and how to fix them is really interesting, and makes me more confident when messing with the device!

12-27-09 04:36 PM
    Oh i fixed it already. Was easy. i'm searching for the exact cause, or at least way to help avoid the errors. i've read almost all the 552 and other error code threads all day, and posted in many; seems to be an application index error, but that's pretty general and no specific cause as to why it happens so randomly; i now know to run an app after install, and if i get a memory error to delete that app before a reboot! Solutions also suggested are an OS upgrade to 5.0-but i always stay with the "official release" from my carrier. Good info.

Still researching though. Thanks for the links! i didn't read a couple of em! CrackBerry was helpful this morning when i found a suggestion to try deleting the last app i installed first, before reloading the OS (which would cause all my data and apps to be lost).

Let me know if you have any technical insight into this.

12-27-09 06:23 PM
    Any update on this situation?
    08-03-15 06:22 PM
    Any update on this situation?
    Did you turn it off and turn it back on again? Battery pull?
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-03-15 06:42 PM
    I'll try that next. My trackball is stuck. Is there a way to clean it? Also, my bezel is squeaking, the D button is worn and I can't stand the shutter sound on my camera. Is there a way to turn it off?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-03-15 06:43 PM
    Cleaning the trackball may be accomplished with a slightly damp rag using rubbing alcohol. Not too much liquid. Rub the trackball around to get all the surface. Repeat at regular intervals.

If memory serves correctly you need an app to kill the shutter sound. Hard to remember that far back.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-03-15 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD