A report from BGR:

BlackBerry 10 demand: 50% Canada’s preorders are iPhone, Android users | BGR

Interesting. Earlier today I saw another article from Seeking Alpha that, I believe, posted a Crackberry poll where 40% was the estimate:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1153...checks-part-ii

Of my own close relatives, I know many have strayed away from Blackberry but are ready to come back. This must figure into some of the early new adopters.
    02-04-13 11:55 AM
    That's awesome if true, but I also know a bunch of people who have Storms or old Curves and said they will never get a blackberry again
    02-04-13 11:57 AM
    That's awesome if true, but I also know a bunch of people who have Storms or old Curves and said they will never get a blackberry again
    looks like they changed their minds..........
    Jake2826 and recompile like this.
    02-04-13 11:59 AM
    Noo I'm talking about people who currently have storms or like curve 8530, I tell them about BB10 but they hate their phone so much they won't even listen to me
    02-04-13 12:05 PM
    just show of your z10 to your friends and show them how fast the browser is compared to their iphones. That will change their minds.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 12:06 PM
    everybody wants what everyone else has...wait till they actually see it and get offered an upgrade..they will change their minds quick..if not tell them to go to android..lol their loss.
    02-04-13 12:07 PM
    I have a storm2...im def upgrading to z10
    02-04-13 12:08 PM
    btw..I have friends who were only on IPHONE...now they are awaiting the Z10 delivery!!
    02-04-13 12:09 PM
    A report from BGR:

BlackBerry 10 demand: 50% Canada’s preorders are iPhone, Android users | BGR

Interesting. Earlier today I saw another article from Seeking Alpha that, I believe, posted a Crackberry poll where 40% was the estimate:

Should I Stay Or Should I Go: BlackBerry Channel Checks Part II - Seeking Alpha

Of my own close relatives, I know many have strayed away from Blackberry but are ready to come back. This must figure into some of the early new adopters.
    I said this a few days back and was poo pooed,lol,nice to see the word getting out!

Watch out Apple/Droid here comes Blackberry10 to take back adoption rates(market share)!
    02-04-13 12:10 PM
    I can't wait to see American stats. In Canada, BB has a much better brand image compared to here in the US. Still great news....I just can't wait to see how it'll fair over here
    02-04-13 12:12 PM
    everybody wants what everyone else has...wait till they actually see it and get offered an upgrade..they will change their minds quick..if not tell them to go to android..lol their loss.
    Not sure that is really true... if it is, it will be very hard for BB with only 5% of the market to ever gain a bigger share of the market. Becuase everyone already has something else.

I think you have a large group of people (especially in Canada) that love BB, but they just couldn't wait for BB to build a modern Smartphone and they jumped ship a while back. And now that BB has a competitor, they are happy to give it a shot.
    02-04-13 12:14 PM
    I said this a few days back and was poo pooed,lol,nice to see the word getting out!

Watch out Apple/Droid here comes Blackberry10 to take back adoption rates(market share)!
    Could not agree with you more Tom. Apple and Droid are in for a shock...we all know this will take some time but the tide is starting to turn! I have converted 5 Apple users to the Z10 in Canada.
    02-04-13 12:15 PM
    That's good to hear.

I think it'll be a tougher sell in the US though, as Blackberry definitely has a MUCH stronger image in Canada.
    02-04-13 12:31 PM
    Not sure that is really true... if it is, it will be very hard for BB with only 5% of the market to ever gain a bigger share of the market. Becuase everyone already has something else.
    It's sooo easy for any market share gain to materially affect BB because they are starting with such a low base. With <5% current market share, if BB10 manages to ONLY convert 1 in 10 Android/iPhone users, BB's market share would jump to 15%, essentially TRIPLING their revenue.

Bottomline is that it takes very little to move the needle at BlackBerry. Even a "so-so" launch will push the stock up to $40-$60.
    Last edited by VeGiTo; 02-04-13 at 01:59 PM.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-04-13 01:17 PM
    seeking alpha got there 40% from a crackberry poll lol
    02-04-13 01:23 PM
    I can't tell you how completely totally frustrated I've been by media assertions that the loss of BBOS7 market share means that BB10 was "too little to late"... like it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE and IMPROBABLE that someone who currently uses an Android or iOS device as their main day-to-day device could switch to BB10... as though by adopting Android or iOS they have signed something in blood and they can never ever leave bwah ha ha ha (fire, brimestone, lightning, you know, the works.)

NOW it's some kind of "Hmmm! Who knew!!?" revelation that yes, people who are current Android and iOS users can decide to switch to BB10? I admit 50% of preorders is high, and of course that will start to dwindle but it's just that for MONTHS AND MONTHS the media / analysts drew a "conclusion" that people who had switched from BB to somethingelse were gone forever, and would not return to BB10.

It was one of the most seriously

" "

aspects of the pre-launch anti-BB10 nonsense being spewed by the likes of BGR.
    .pinkberry likes this.
    02-04-13 01:28 PM
    seeking alpha got there 40% from a crackberry poll lol
    If it weren't for the BGR confirming the 50% - I'd say the Crackberry Poll is about as biased as it gets!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-04-13 01:43 PM
    I think the number 50% came from Rogers feedback and it refers to the Canadian Market. Does anyone know for sure?
    02-04-13 01:53 PM
    looks like they changed their minds..........
    I think there's probably two sets of users: people who left to try something new but miss certain things; and people who left, swore they'd never buy another Blackberry and won't come back.

Not everyone is the same. I certainly have friends that fall into both. One guy is so immersed in Apple apps and Apple equipment, you'll pry his iPhone out of his cold dead hands. And he thinks BlackBerry 10 is cool and all.

Others have said, "cool - now I can get BBM and notifications and a keyboard on a modern phone"
    02-04-13 01:56 PM
    Becuase everyone already has something else.
    If that were true, the Smartphone market would have stopped growing. It's starting to show signs of not growing as quickly, but it's still growing. This will help everyone.
    Huawei outpaces rivals in smartphone growth: IDC - IT Business - News & Features - ITP.net
    02-04-13 02:00 PM
    Shame really since Manufacturers change OS systems. If they are still in business means they must be doing something right and are worth a try. Love my BB's and Android. After my N9 given up on NoKia though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 02:00 PM
    I'm a switcher. Never owned a BlackBerry phone before (I have had an iPhone, two Android phones, two Windows phones and a webOS phone) and I bought a Z10 a few days ago and I love it.

Although I have had a PlayBook for almost 2 years. I wonder if a lot of the other switchers have PlayBook too. BB may not have been making much money from the PlayBook program but they may have pulled in a lot of potential BB10 users, and considering how many PBs sold that could be a huge advantage.
    02-04-13 04:25 PM
    I can't tell you how completely totally frustrated I've been by media assertions that the loss of BBOS7 market share means that BB10 was "too little to late"... like it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE and IMPROBABLE that someone who currently uses an Android or iOS device as their main day-to-day device could switch to BB10... as though by adopting Android or iOS they have signed something in blood and they can never ever leave bwah ha ha ha (fire, brimestone, lightning, you know, the works.)

NOW it's some kind of "Hmmm! Who knew!!?" revelation that yes, people who are current Android and iOS users can decide to switch to BB10? I admit 50% of preorders is high, and of course that will start to dwindle but it's just that for MONTHS AND MONTHS the media / analysts drew a "conclusion" that people who had switched from BB to somethingelse were gone forever, and would not return to BB10.
    I've always found that whole "ecosystem entrenchment" argument to be wildly overblown. A lot of people I know will switch devices to another brand when they're ready to upgrade. Although I find that Android users are more likely than iPhone users to switch. In my experience Apple commands much greater brand loyalty, but not nearly an insurmountable amount.
    02-04-13 06:31 PM
    BlackBerry should target the much larger percentage of the population globally that still own dumb-phones.

It would be much easier to convince someone whose hasn't been sheepanized, rather than smartphone switchers.
    02-04-13 06:36 PM
    BlackBerry should target the much larger percentage of the population globally that still own dumb-phones.

It would be much easier to convince someone whose hasn't been sheepanized, rather than smartphone switchers.
    They are not specifically targeting one group or the other, they are trying to get across their message to everyone who will listen whether it is bb owners, other smartphone owners or dumb phone owners.
    02-04-13 07:16 PM
34 12