Good thing this is a just a BlackBerry discussion forum. A lot of folks showing their true "colors". Makes you wonder who you're actually having discussions with
    True colors? Why? Because people don't think that a thug wanna be is a good choice for spokesman? Most people don't want the face of their company to be a convicted felon. Next you will hear the cries of racism.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-17-13 11:27 AM
    oh my god....really? You think his products are good?

The guy is a ****** and should go dig a hole and bury himself in it.
    True colors? Why? Because people don't think that a thug wanna be is a good choice for spokesman? Most people don't want the face of their company to be a convicted felon. Next you will hear the cries of racism.

I wholehearted agree with your statement. It's things like the above that make me go "hmmmmmm...."
    02-17-13 11:50 AM
    I wholehearted agree with your statement. It's things like the above that make me go "hmmmmmm...."
    See. Even though not one negative comment about race was ever said, racism is insinuated.

02-17-13 11:53 AM
    You know who would make even better creative directors?

Members of this forum.

Not sure why we look towards useless celebs who sell their loyalty to highest bidder most times as 'spokespersons'. I don't give a damn what Alicia Keys or 50 Cent think about the BlackBerry Z10, I do however care what everyday people do think.
    The type of people who are likely to be influenced by the celeb endorsement are fairly young.
    That sort of age range also couldnt give a damn about Alicia Keys. lets be honest, she aint exactly setting the world on fire.

However most of Blackberry's traditional target audience wouldnt care at all who uses the phone. i agree with that.

I use my blackberry because it makes communicating easier. I dont care who else uses it and for what reason they use it.
    Apollo_IV likes this.
    02-17-13 12:11 PM
    The type of people who are likely to be influenced by the celeb endorsement are fairly young.
    That sort of age range also couldnt give a damn about Alicia Keys. lets be honest, she aint exactly setting the world on fire.

However most of Blackberry's traditional target audience wouldnt care at all who uses the phone. i agree with that.

I use my blackberry because it makes communicating easier. I dont care who else uses it and for what reason they use it.
    02-17-13 02:39 PM

I can agree with people not wanting a felon to represent a company. But at the same time I feel people look past his felony charges and see him as an entertainer and businessman. Why do you claim he is a thug wanna be? I see him as an entertainer and business man.
    02-17-13 10:28 PM
    I can agree with people not wanting a felon to represent a company. But at the same time I feel people look past his felony charges and see him as an entertainer and businessman. Why do you claim he is a thug wanna be? I see him as an entertainer and business man.
    I want to make this clear. I don't think he's a bad man anymore, but his image to people who don't follow him isn't the best in the world. In the rap business, being seen as a thug, being hard is what sells. For the people out there who all they know about him is that he was shot 5 times, having him as a spokesman would cause a knee **** reaction. Right now, BB is fighting for their lives, so right now they need to have a person who is the least threating as possible. Alicia Keys is a good choice. She's a pretty face who has about zero controversy. In the future, they might bring in other people and if 50 cent keeps doing what he is doing and cleaning up his business image, he won't cause a knee **** reaction.

TL;DR
    He isn't the best guy yet, maybe in the future.

02-17-13 10:46 PM
    The star out words are je rk. when did that become a bad word?

02-17-13 10:47 PM
    Good thing this is a just a BlackBerry discussion forum. A lot of folks showing their true "colors". Makes you wonder who you're actually having discussions with
    I don't care what color 50 cent is, he's an idi*t no matter what. Don't play the race card.
    Last edited by jesse_h; 02-17-13 at 11:10 PM. Reason: The word idi-ot is censored? Seriously?
    02-17-13 11:08 PM
    I don't care what color 50 cent is, he's an idi*t no matter what. Don't play the race card.
    Look up the definition of *****, followed by 50 cent's business accomplishments. The guy is far from an *****.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    02-17-13 11:15 PM
    I wa In the rap business, being seen as a thug, being hard is what sells.

TL;DR

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago...one thing I like about 50 is his ability to separate entertainment from his business ventures...A lot of people don't want to give him his props, but he's a helluva business man.

Flexin likes this.
    02-17-13 11:22 PM
    Maybe 7 or 8 years ago...one thing I like about 50 is his ability to separate entertainment from his business ventures...A lot of people don't want to give him his props, but he's a helluva business man.

he may be a business man but that means squat when it comes to blackberry. blackberry isnt his business, he'd be a figurehead. he wouldnt be making any real decisions.
    like i said before there are a lot more suitable people out there. i am not sure if 50cent is even relevant when it comes to youths today.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 02:21 AM
    I think alicia keys is a fine choice, and the best they can do.

First to the people suggesting JT, or Decaprio remember out of all the smart phone brands BB has and is still the most international one.

A white person there is a no-no screams, arrogance, and many other things.

Furthermore, most of the world doesn't relate to the gangster thing and so won't like a gangster rapper, and in the current mainstream hip-hop culture a black male can either be a wussie or a gangster and neither has the same international appeal as Alicia keys who seems cool.

Like a woman, can sing, and has stuff going on; stuff she needs to get done, and that is with blackberry.

I would say for the avg person alicia is better and for a higher end jayz but jay won't appeal to the avg person in the same way. Remember that the biggest bb growth is in Africa and South Asia who just fought many major wars for independence in the past 50 years so yea.. Put Alicia there.
    02-18-13 05:23 AM
    Look up the definition of *****, followed by 50 cent's business accomplishments. The guy is far from an *****.

I know what he's accomplished, and I'm not refuting that at all. Look back a few pages at the images of the tweets of his that I posted, that's the kind of s*it I'm talking about.

Donald Trump has accomplished a lot too, and he's also an idi*t.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 07:23 AM

But he is an !diot. Just look at his twitter feed. With the stuff he has up there, most middle aged people would not buy anything from him. If he wants to endorse more thing, he needs to go through and clean it up to where there is nothing that could be taken out of context.

02-18-13 08:17 AM
    Should have been Scooter Braun. Anyone capable of promoting Justin Bieber to this sort of fame and fortune is a damn genius.
    02-18-13 08:22 AM
    I know what he's accomplished, and I'm not refuting that at all. Look back a few pages at the images of the tweets of his that I posted, that's the kind of s*it I'm talking about.

Donald Trump has accomplished a lot too, and he's also an idi*t.

Posted via CB10
    Look, 50 cent is still a street guy and people look up to him even though he is "street".
    02-18-13 02:47 PM
    But he is an !diot. Just look at his twitter feed. With the stuff he has up there, most middle aged people would not buy anything from him. If he wants to endorse more thing, he needs to go through and clean it up to where there is nothing that could be taken out of context.

I feel blackberry needs to go after the younger crowd and not middle aged.
    02-18-13 02:49 PM
    Thing is 50 cent isn't just a thug rapper anymore. He has been in many shows/movies and not to mention his commercials that he is sponsored in.

He has come a long way from back in the day. One of the few rappers I admire as he made more out of himself than a thug.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-18-13 03:09 PM
119 ... 345