Seriously...50cent? Who likes that crap?

No company should list these so called "gangsta rappers" as their promotions....it's just embarrassing...

Not that Alicia Keys would be any good but still...lot better than these "gangster" idiots.
    02-16-13 10:31 AM
    You already have a billboard number 1 hip hop artist repping the phone right now. 50 Cent can't even come close to selling as many albums as A$AP Rocky.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aliciakey...7266178/photos
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-16-13 10:47 AM
    If 50 cent gave away a Z10 with ever album sold... Would probably push out 30 devices.

dude can't even sell his own music over the last few years AND his new SMS headphones have the quality build of mcdonalds kids meal toys
    its a different kind of music now than 10years ago. we are not talking about music, we are talking about his business choices and how he promotes his business. 50 cent doesnt have to make music anymore.
    02-16-13 11:01 AM

No company should list these so called "gangsta rappers" as their promotions....it's just embarrassing...

Not that Alicia Keys would be any good but still...lot better than these "gangster" idiots.
    I would just like to clarify that i was talking about business man 50 cent, not the rapper 50 cent. Its different, he makes music for ppl who likes gangsta rap. he promotes his business as a business man. He has headphone brand which with every pair sold he feeds 250 people in american. He has a energy drink brand and with every bottle sold he feeds 1 african. thats what i call keeping it moving.
    02-16-13 11:04 AM
    its a different kind of music now than 10years ago. we are not talking about music, we are talking about his business choices and how he promotes his business. 50 cent doesnt have to make music anymore.
    oh my god....really? You think his products are good?

The guy is a ****** and should go dig a hole and bury himself in it.
    02-16-13 11:05 AM

ok....
    02-16-13 11:11 AM
    If that man is hired by BlackBerry, I'm outa here!

The biggest problem with 50 Cent is not that he may be liked by some [small] part of the global audience (I'm not saying Alicia is any better), but he is really NOT liked by way more people.

Someone who can be that devisive cannot be a decent representative for a company that needs to be of interest to a far wider audience.

Si.
    02-16-13 11:22 AM
    I would just like to clarify that i was talking about business man 50 cent, not the rapper 50 cent. Its different, he makes music for ppl who likes gangsta rap. he promotes his business as a business man. He has headphone brand which with every pair sold he feeds 250 people in american. He has a energy drink brand and with every bottle sold he feeds 1 african. thats what i call keeping it moving.
    That's very interesting. And all to his credit (I'd like to add that his headphones must be really expensive if they can feed that many families per pair sold). But unlike you, most people aren't aware of that and therefore his only personna to them is the gangsta rapper, and that's not a great thing for massive amounts of the global population.

But like I said, good for him if he's doing good things for other people.

Si.
    EsJayDee and nyplaya610 like this.
    02-16-13 11:26 AM
    I heard they were getting his British cousin Arthur Dollar.
    02-16-13 11:35 AM
    I think that (at todays exchange rate) it would be 32 pence

Si.
    inffy, Mecca EL and MERCDROID like this.
    02-16-13 11:39 AM
    You don't like it. What makes you right and people who like him wrong?

And for the record, I can't stand 50 cent. But I'm not gonna tell people they are full of crap if they like him
    02-16-13 11:44 AM
    Hehehe. My cousin came in with 50 cent music once. My smartalec grandfather said something like, "you're not gonna play that dollar and a quarter guy are you?"
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-16-13 11:45 AM
    do you think that he could come to bb10? I mean duh he will but in he commercial he could be using a WP8 and "window shopper" will be playing in the background? so then he switches to a bb10 device. jk, I kid
    02-16-13 12:27 PM

What do you listen to? Please tell me so I can expose the stupidity of you listening to that genre.

Like or not - Dr Dre sold ridiculous amounts of headphones in his lifetime - along with discovering some of the most talented musicians to ever cut an album. Just because you can't grasp a genre doesnt make it bad. Im a white kid that grew up in the sticks that likes blues, hip hop and rap, indie and hard metal. I was once in a zydeco band (I play the cajun accordion) that covered the gap band's "she dropped a bomb on me" .

Get some culture for christs sake.
    02-16-13 12:46 PM

Douchebagery is alive and well on Crackberry.

GTFO
    02-16-13 12:48 PM
    In some cultural circles (the very circles I suspect BBRY is focusing on by hiring Alicia), 50 might be held in higher esteem.

Not saying it's right or wrong, or that 50 is a better role model or representative.
    So you're saying BlackBerry should be marketing to criminals and organized crime syndicates? Considering the legal hotwater the Government of Canada's politicians and law enforcement agency are currently embroiled maybe BlackBerry already has a lock on organized crime.
    02-16-13 01:02 PM
    Anything 50 touches turns to Gold but he's not right for BlackBerry...but then again neither is Alicia (omg I been hacked) Keys.

Kimye would do more for BlackBerry than Alicia Keys. Kanye bought Jay-Z and Beyonce two porsche BlackBerry phones not long ago. Kim and the family love their BlackBerry's.

If they got those four : Kanye,Jay,Kim and Beyonce using the Z10 , that would be a very good look for BlackBerry.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    nyplaya610 and EsJayDee like this.
    02-16-13 01:44 PM
    I was thinking actually more along the lines of Chingy representing the company. Who better than him???
    02-16-13 01:49 PM
    Not someone who uses the iPhone to post public announcements.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-16-13 01:54 PM
    BB would not be able to get 50 for the same reason they wouldn't get Jay-Z. Both have actual, successful business lines that they need to tend to on a day-to-day basis. 50 doesn't even make music anymore and the last "gangsta" album he made was in 2004. He's been making pop-rap with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland ever since. Alicia Keys was probably picked because she was available. I hope BB isn't paying her too much because she is not anything close to a brand luminary. Her big hit was in 2001 and while I liked her in the movie Smoking Aces, even that was 6 years ago and a commercial failure.

Edit: Not to mention her tweeting about the Z10 with her iPhone. It doesn't matter if she wasn't personally responsible (her lame explanation suggests she was), or if her assistant tweeted on her behalf. The tech blogs had a field day with that gaffe.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-16-13 02:02 PM
    BB would not be able to get 50 for the same reason they wouldn't get Jay-Z. Both have actual, successful business lines that they need to tend to on a day-to-day basis. 50 doesn't even make music anymore and the last "gangsta" album he made was in 2004. He's been making pop-rap with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland ever since. Alicia Keys was probably picked because she was available. I hope BB isn't paying her too much because she is not anything close to a brand luminary. Her big hit was in 2001 and while I liked her in the movie Smoking Aces, even that was 6 years ago and a commercial failure.

Edit: Not to mention her tweeting about the Z10 with her iPhone. It doesn't matter if she wasn't personally responsible (her lame explanation suggests she was), or if her assistant tweeted on her behalf. The tech blogs had a field day with that gaffe.
    Her big hit was in 2001??? She has had big hits pretty much every time she releases an album lol. Don't get me wrong I don't think she fits at all for "creative director" but to her defense she is no one hit wonder. She has many many "hits" and let's not forget she was just at the Superbowl, grammys and she will be doing the halftime show at the Nba allstar game.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-16-13 03:10 PM
    A quick question to those in the know and would like to provide an answer...
    Has Alicia Keys been "hired" to be creative director?
    Or, has she been "appointed" creative director?

Is she an actual employee of BlackBerry with a salary?
    Or, is she just a spokesperson or possibly a "sub-conractor" with recompense?
    JR A, Mecca EL and EsJayDee like this.
    02-16-13 03:58 PM
    A quick question to those in the know and would like to provide an answer...
    Has Alicia Keys been "hired" to be creative director?
    Or, has she been "appointed" creative director?

Is she an actual employee of BlackBerry with a salary?
    Or, is she just a spokesperson or possibly a "sub-conractor" with recompense?
    no cule
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    02-16-13 04:26 PM
    This is why JT would be a good front-man who could relate to a wide mix of different markets:

nyplaya610 likes this.
    02-16-13 04:49 PM
    Her big hit was in 2001??? She has had big hits pretty much every time she releases an album lol.
    Checking her sales, he's right - her biggest hit was in 2001 and the album sales have declined each time - so yes she is still popular - but an A-lister? no.
    02-16-13 04:53 PM
119 12345